Sakina campsite
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Arusha
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Impala Hotel(Arusha)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very good and affordable accommodations for groups as well as the lonely traveler for overnight stays as well as extended periods. Package includes a clean room, full bed (with clean sheets, blanket, pillows, and mosquito net), chair, small wardrobe, own bathroom (w/ western style toilet), hot shower, sink, and a very good breakfast. However, the real value in your stay apart from these amenities is the service Robert provides. He will help you with anything - from soap to safari. As an experienced traveler, he is the best inn keeper I have ever met and am proud to call him my friend and I highly recommend that you stay at Sakina Campsite. Most hostels and inns I have stayed at in the world only provide the basic necessities however at Sakina, there is a premium put on customer service. Any seasoned traveler can tell you that logistics and culture shock are the two greatest stressors when traveling - Robert alleviates both. He will take care of booking transport to other destinations, scheduling safaris, Kili climbs, etc. If you are looking for a night out in Arusha - he can also arrange that as well!

Sakina campsite itself is located a short daladala (400 Tsh or ~0.25USD) or motorcycle taxi (2000 Tsh or ~1.25 USD) ride from town. As mentioned before, he can schedule safaris, Kilimanjaro climbs, Mt. Meru climbs, etc. as well as arrange for transport to and from Sakina (to the next leg of your destination or these activities). There is also free wireless at a nearby restaurant/hotel (4Js Hotel - 2 minute walk). Sakina Campsite is secluded, well lit, and secure but still conveniently located close to town. And, if I haven't stressed this enough, Robert is amazing. He alleviates many of the stresses of traveling with his hospitality and service to his clients. Hope this helps - I wish you safe travels. Hakuna matata, karibu rafiki, sawa sawa.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The host was extremely helpful. We were travelling from Arusha to Nairobi and he told us of 3 travel options, inc prices and got it all booked for us. Good English so easy to understand for non native speakers. Showed us local places.
Dorm was nice, simple, clean, good shower and toilet. Breakfast included in price - very nice.
Definetly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent stay here with my group for 3 nights. Robert so helpful and friendly. Highly recommend to those needing a campsite in Arusha. Good security and good breakfast available. Electricity can be accessed for charging. Good camping on grassed areas.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed in the dorm and then booked a safari. The hostel was nice, with a really friendly owner and grand rooms. There wasn't very much hot water, especially in the morning so shower at night. The safari we booked was excellent - both the guide and the chef were very good and we enjoyed all of it. There was a bit of confusion about rooms when we got back from the safari but it was all sorted quickly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Sakina Campsite is a great place for those coming from Nairobi on the shuttle bus. You can request the bus to stop right outside before it gets into busy Arusha. Robert, the Manager, greeted me on the roadside and was incredibly helpful. I had already booked my Kilimanjaro climb but I watched him help another guest organise a safari at very short notice. If you want to get out of Nairobi for the weekend I would suggest this is an excellent place to stay. It's clean, comfortable, hot showers, good breakfast and excellent staff. p.s Robert can also help you organise a Kilimanjaro climb.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo