“Mr Robert, an excellent manager”
Review of Sakina campsite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arusha
Sakina campsite
Ranked #50 of 170 Specialty Lodging in Arusha
Oslo, Norway
“Mr Robert, an excellent manager”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at Sakina Campsite, before and after a Serengehti Safari. (Shooting a Travel show)
Robert helped us with late dinner, airport pick up and answers e-mails super fast.
Thank you Robert.
I reccomend Sakina to bugdet travelers, who want to be taken good care of!

Room Tip: Buy the best cry only once.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stavanger, Norge
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at Sakina for 4 days, and had a great stay. The location was good, it was easy to get to from downtown and from the central busstation. The place was clean, affordable and with a great breakfast included in the price:) The staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. Robert, the manager, was helping us with getting around in Arusha and with advice on what to do and see. When I got sick with food poisoning he was so helpful, and offered to take me to hospital and to go to the pharmacy to get medicine. We really felt at home at this place, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone! Robert also can arrange trips to Kili or safaris for you. He organised my friend`s trip to Kilimanjaro, and she had a great climb.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hostel was good apart from 3 things:

1) the safari company that the hostel works with and recommends (TPSSL) were TERRIBLE! They turned out to be really poor value for money and their vehicles were in a shocking condition (suspension gone) and broke down several times

2) the hostel is located very far out from downtown, certainly not within walking distance as advertised

3) there were very little people staying in the hostel and so it was not good for meeting other travellers

• Stayed July 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Robert, the owner, made our stay more than excellent! Within only a few days he arranged a safari for us, including a great cook and driver. Thank you Robert for arranging this at such short notice, the safari was an experience we will never forget! The campsite feels as a home away from home. Cosy rooms, lovely beds, wonderful hot shower and a lobby that serves as a great place to relax and meet new people! We enjoyed a lovely breakfast every morning, a great start of every day. Don't hesitate to book this hostel when you're planning to go to Arusha and definetly book your safari with Robert: he'll take all of you wishes in consideration and you'll have a great time I'm sure. We had a great time in Arusha and definently hope to come back in the nearby future!

Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at Sakina Camp for a few days before and after Kilimanjaro. I had a very good time here, and would really like to come back. I would warmly recommend Sakina to you! I felt like home, and if I needed anything, Robert, the owner, helped me without hesitation. I also got a fantastic Kilimanjaro trip I never will forget, through Sakina Camp. The guides and carriers were the best.!!! If you want to go on safari, Kilimanjaro, etc, I recommend to book it here. Robert takes care of everything, and he really made sure that I had a great time on my vacation. Breakfast was good and the rooms are clean. It is easy and cheap to get to town by taking a "Dala dala". So if you want a pleasant stay, with great people, and a relaxed atmosphere, you should come here :) I am coming back!

London
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed in Sakina in October. You get reasonably priced clean room and a five star services from Robert - the guy who is running the hotel. I do not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone, as I am sure that Robert together with all staff will make the stay an delightful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at Sakina campsite the night before our safari and we were so pleased we decided to book in for the day we arrived back. It was easy to get to, perfect before and after our Serengeti safari. The room was clean and the shower had lovely hot water. The gardens and lovely, such a pleasant place to stay. Robert was really helpful. Even though the internet was down, he let us use his very own computer whenever we needed it. He went out of his way to help us find an atm and a restaurant for dinner. The breakfast was delicious and always served when we wanted it, and with a smile. Thank you very much Robert and Jennifer, you are wonderful - from Jess and

Room Tip: We just stayed in the bunk room to save money, but there is a double bed available. They are all sep...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple