TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

All reviews cha cha his team unforgettable experience day safari mount meru big smile climbing kili uhuru peak great trip hakuna matata safari guide asante sana kilimanjaro airport trek company intimately trust
Selected filters
Reviewed November 28, 2018 via mobile

Choosing a safari provider is difficult, but I can absolutely say that I hit a home run with Chacha, as he provided my girlfriend and I with the absolute trip of a lifetime. Chacha and I personalized a 2 person, 4 day 3 night tour, and from the moment we arrived in Arusha he was helpful. He asked us what type of food we wanted on the trip, ferried us around town to procure some things we wanted, and we set off. A word before we start. Cha Cha’s land cruiser is top of the line, and very comfortable - exactly what you want on a multiple day safari! The first day we went to Tarangire national park, and because Chacha was so tied in with other guides and the local scene, we saw a small group of lions right outside the truck, as well as an elephant that literally walked right up to us! From there we made our way to the Serengeti for some overnight camping. On the way we stopped in a Masai camp to get an authentic experience, and the people were great! Later, we set up camp and Cha Cha’s associate, David, made us dinner. I am confident in saying nobody ate as well as us on the trip. Afterward, Cha Cha played cards and joked with us for an hour or so before we went to bed. We then progressed into the heart of the serengeti and up to the northern end of the park. During the trip, we saw every one of the big five, including multiple prides of lions. All of it was because Cha Cha is so well experienced. The highlight of the trip (aside from David’s great cooking and sunny demeanor) was seeing lion cubs devouring a fresh kill. By contrast, we met others that didn’t have even remotely such a great experience. We even came across one tour operator that had become stuck in the mud as a result of inexperience, and ChaCha helped to save his passengers when that truck couldn’t be removed!

Overall, what sets Cha Cha Tours apart from the other safari providers is the people. Cha Cha and David are two honest, helpful, and thorough people who love what they do and are happy to share a little joy with you. They did all the little things that makes an experience special - even driving us to the airport the day after our safari ended! After traveling with them, I consider ChaCha and David to be my friends. I would travel with them again without hesitation. In fact, I plan to climb Kili with ChaCha at some point in the future. I recommend him to everyone traveling on safari in the future.

2  Thank Ryan_F_SouthFlorida
ChachaToursAfrica, Owner at Chacha Tours Africa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Dear Ryan!

Thank you so Much for writing us such a Great review concerning your trip experience. We really appreciate this Brother.

Looking forward to see you soon for Kilimanjaro trip.

Philemon Chacha

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Just one word: perfect!!! I am sure it is impossible to find a better human team!! They made feel us like at home!!
I only may say thanks!
Chacha & team are our family!

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank Luis G
PhilemonC2, Owner at Chacha Tours Africa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Thank you Luis for reviewing us, we really appreciate this.

Looking forward to seeing you once again.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

I did a 7 days Kilimanjaro trekking followed by a 3 days safari. During trekking I felt like I was with a family where everyone in the team was so professional and excellent human nature with a happiness that I have not seen in the western culture. A special mention to the culinary art, where I couldn’t imagine that is possible to eat better in the sky than on the earth. Unbelievable experience!

Thank you Chacha.

2  Thank Michel C

Thank you Michel for reviewing us. We really appreciate this.

Looking forward to see you once again.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Arrived one week ago from Tanzania, and we only can have words of gratitude for Chacha and all his team. Our aim was to climb to Uhuru Peak, and contacted with Chacha Tours some months ago to plan it.
Six days on Kilimanjaro Natural Park, sharing our days with the team that Chacha prepared for us, and we can assure, that we target the Uhuru Peak, thanks to all them: Lázaro, Daoudi, Simon, Daoudi II, Elias, and all other members of the team, that do a heavy work. Great job of all them: great guides (very good ones), excellent chef (we arranged for vegetarian menu, and everyday was quality and quantity vegetarian dishes), and very professional porters. Everyone of them, work hard to make our stay easy and comfortable, and allow us to achieve the Uhuru Peak.

3  Thank Vicent F
PhilemonC2, Owner at Chacha Tours Africa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thank you Vincent and all the Team from Spain for sharing your Kilimanjaro experience, We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your Trekking with us.

We hope you will keep telling other friends about us and our Team.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

I did a two day tour to Ngorongoro from Arusha and had a great time. The scenery and wildlife were stunning, and the trip itself was very well organised. Philemon (the owner) picked me up from the hostel and was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank david c
PhilemonC2, Owner at Chacha Tours Africa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Thank you Pastor David For reviewing us about your Safari experience with us. We really appreciate and we hope one day you will visit us again.