“Stay at African Tulip”

Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Arusha
Seattle, Washington
“Stay at African Tulip”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We spent several days at the African Tulip in Arusha before (1 night) and after (4 nights) our safari and highly recommend it. It is a beautiful hotel with clean, spacious rooms, pool, very good restaurant and very attentive staff. We used it as a base of operations, and it was a pleasure to come back there from the noise and bustle of Arusha. If you have traveled in Africa, you know that accommodations can be challenging, and the quality of the African Tulip stands out. We would go back any time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at the African Tulip for several days in October 2013 due to the cancellation of a Kili trek. The hotel is delightful with lovely room, excellent bathroom, nice restaurant and pleasant pool area.
Best of all was a very attentive and helpful General Manager, Mr Anuj.
He arranged for me to have free WiFi as I was staying a few days. Normally they charge for WiFi which I think is a shame for such a friendly hotel. If I had been charged for wifi I would have only given them three stars.
However, if you do find yourself in Arusha before or after your safari then you can do a lot worse than this lovely quiet little hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New York
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the African Tulip one night before and one night after our visits to the Serengeti and Ngorongoro. We booked our trip with Roy Safaris who also happen to own this boutique hotel as well. The hotel was perfect! It is a hidden paradise for weary travelers like ourselves looking for a home away from home. The rooms were extremely spacious, comfortable and clean with touches of African décor reminding us that we were in Africa! There is a small bar and pool hidden in the back where travelers can unwind and cool down. The food at the hotel restaurant is delicious, providing cuisine options for every palate! I recommend the Indian options! We had the opportunity to speak with one of the hotel managers on a couple of occasions, Anuj Sharma - he was lovely, and made us feel that he wasn't just welcoming us to the hotel, but into his home. He even voluntarily upgraded our room upon our return which was a bonus! I would highly recommend this hotel, as well as Roy Safaris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Spending two nights at this hotel before our 5-day safari along the northern circuit, and one night after our return, I can’t say I have had any complaints. Staff was very friendly and helpful and rooms very functional and tastefully furnished. The pool is a bit on the small side. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Well recommended as a base in Arusha.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Two nights spent here coming from Uganda and prior to a Safari in the Serengeti and surrounding areas. It was an absolute pleasure to be welcomed in to such peaceful and tranquil settings. To use a cliche, it was an oasis amongst the busy Arusha town and well located too to some restaurants. We were able to walk into town from there and visit local markets etc.
Our room was enormous and very very comfortable with television, safe, VERY comfortable bed, cupboard space,laundry facilities and very very well appointed bathrooms.
We had dinner and breakfast at the in house restaurant which too was more than satisfactory. The pool area and bar was quiet and a mini sanctuary. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
My only gripe was that on check out I asked if US Dollars were accepted and they said of course but would charge a rate of 1400 to 1 instead of the correct 1600. This meant an extra US$30 on my bill which annoyed me.When asked why they did not offer teh correct or even going rate they said "I dunno".

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

A large group of us stayed in this hotel for one night and I have to admit that this is probably the best hotel I have stayed at in Africa after being in the travel industry for many years.
The rooms were a good size, very comfortable and very clean and the wetroom was huge in my room. The breakfast the next morning was lovely the manager and his staff were very attentive and could not do enough to make sure that we had everything that we wanted.
Fantastic and I would definately stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mbeya, Tanzania
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was my first time visiting Arusha town and my Husband had booked us at the African Tulip for the night.
And i must say it is a Grand Hotel and friendly people and the Manager Mr Sharma, very down to earth person. They welcomed us very nicely, We finished the registration procedures and were shown to our room, The room was spacious and cozy and i especially liked the idea of the sitting place near the window, created cozy feeling.
Later we dined down at the restaurant and the food was excellent and very nice cozy environment all round.
In the Morning the Breakfast was Perfect and later we checked out. I guess we had to stay for at least 2 days.......Not a problem, will convince my Hubby to plan a night out at African Tulip :)
I recommend everyone to stay at this Hotel.
Cheers.

Room Tip: Any room is good.