For those coming off of a long trip, like we did, you will appreciate the comfort and coziness and warm hospitality of the Tulip. The rooms were clean, spacious and well decorated, and there was a small pool to relax at as well. We stayed here as part of our Roy Safari tour, which made things very convenient -- we met our tour guide the morning of the first day in the lounge. Also, Roy Safari is next door, which makes covering any remaining balance a cinch.
The only quibble I would make is that the food leaves a bit to be desired. The Indian menu is tasty as is the Tanzanian menu. But stay clear of their American offering. The steak was tough and another American dish was not too tasty either. The buffett breakfast is excellent -- European style, with adequate selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The African Tulip is Arusha's premier boutique hotel providing first-class western luxury with outstanding facilities, personalized service and warm hospitality in a convenient location. The 'Zanzibar lounge & bar' is an ideal meeting place; The Baobab restaurant serves an excellent range of cuisine; 'The Serengeti' Pool & Bar is a fantastic place to relax. Additional facilities include a business centre, conference room & gift shops. It truly is Chic. Unique. and Authentically African. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The African Tulip reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The African Tulip Hotel Arusha
- African Tulip Arusha
- African Tulip Hotel Arusha