“The most hospitable and wonder people ,setting,and food in Tanzania.”

The Lounge at L'Oasis
Ranked #62 of 112 Restaurants in Arusha
Cork, Ireland
“The most hospitable and wonder people ,setting,and food in Tanzania.”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We stayed for 6 months ,it was wonderful .

Food divine thanks to everyone and especially George.The hospitality and friendliness out of this world thanks to everyone and especially Mama Juliet and Bibi Willie.
The setting ,accommodation and organisation will not be replicated to the same level any where else thanks to all and especially Steve.
It is set in the middle of a local area .Walking back and forth to town or up into the Wa Arusha farms and talking to people one met one really felt part of the community .

I liked all the above and could not find anything to dislike in 6 months.
I would strongly recommend it to any one for food ,or a long or short stay.

Michael O'Hea

Köln
“Yummi...”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Best food in Arusha. For me as a vegetarian and white-meat-eater it was really important to have really good vegetable and fish in Africa/Tansania/Arusha. And i was really surprised that I found all the delicious veggie-food and fish in this restaurant of the oasis lodge. And of course not to forget the dessert (chocolate pot). I was so thankful to have healthy and not expensive food there (and even if you're not guest there! - you should so, but we had a friend in Arusha where we stayed). A big THANK YOU for the cooks and the staff there. The bar and drinks are also to recommend. Hope I'll come back to this beautiful oasis someday. Asante sana and baadaye. Ursula

Hagerman, Idaho
“great menu great food great bar great people-and salad!”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Oh I love this place-its my favorite place to stay in Arusha (I practically live there) and one of the many reasons is because of the WONDERFUL FOOD. and you dont have to be staying there (though you should cause its a great place) to eat there. In fact I see alot of people coming there from other hotels. Its consistently delicous-consistency is not all that common in Tanzania-and there is a great selection. Great place too-nice open bar with thatched roof, great bartenders, very good wine selection. My personal favorite are the lamb kabobs with mint sauce. Nice big chucks of grilled lamb-none of that gamey taste lamb sometimes gets-juicy and charred and so flavorful you dont need the sauce-but youll use it anyways just because its so good. and cheap-4,000 tsh-thats like 3.50 US for two kabobs packed full of meat nested between grilled veggies. YUM. Moving on... great pizza-the Lounge special one is the best-covered in sausage chicken veggies-nice crust, great cheese and sauce. If you want something a bit more fancy they have prawns steamed in banana leaves with a great sticky rice-the plate looks really pretty with the wrapped leaves. Very good steaks too. Oh Oh Oh-you HAVE to try the chocolate pot-its so decadent-thick creamy chocolate-topped with a spoonful of homemade mango sorbet. If you are feeling naughty-take it back to the room with you and your mate:) I could go on (Ive tried every dish on that menu) but Ill stop with just one more-SALAD. In Tanzania as a rule you stay away from salads and other uncooked things but I promise you-you can eat the salads there-its the only place in all of Tanzania where I know I can without fear. Not only is it nice to get some raw veggies-their salads(like everything elese) are really good-I like the one topped with blackened chicken and lime vinegrette. Nice chunks of juicy chicken, red onions, limes, yummy. If you are in Arusha I highly recommend that you eat here (and stay at the lodge while your at it)

Arusha
“Combating Kili the second time”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

With a Kili mountain done.. the Kili nachos were the only thing on our minds.
Off we went back up to L'Oasis Lodges lounge bar. Took two of us to eat the mountain of nachos, with all the dips you could think of, then we shared the prawn salad. To top it off, two (yes 2) chocolate pots and a bottle of red.