Arusha Crown Hotel
$271
$53
$50
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Arusha Crown a total of three times (one night each) while in Tanzania. It was a great base of operations for me. The rooms are solid, good beds, hot showers, modern amenities. I found it comparable to a Best Western type hotel in the US. I was annoyed by the morning call to prayer but the Hotel has nothing to do with that. Breakfast comprised fresh fruits, breads, eggs, sausages (hot dogs) and drinks. Hearty enough to begin my safari.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When the hotel didn't have enough shillings to exchange money, they sent someone to a bureau de change for me. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank DrBellowz
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here one night before going on a safari. It's a fairly new hotel, only 4 years old. It's right across from the stadium and surrounded by hardware stores. The rooms were nice for an average hotel. No air conditioning, but a fan seemed to be sufficient.

As other reviewers mentioned, the mosque nearby is quite loud. The windows on even the 4th floor windows seemed quite thin. You can even hear people down below talking. If not for the loudness of the rooms, I would probably rate it higher. Otherwise, it had good cable television and a nice lobby restaurant.

Two large grocery stores are across the street and a block to the right if you need to shop for your safari.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank globetrekker728
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Located in a busy section of town, it wasnt really my kind of place but I checked in out of conveniency because the others werent accepting VISA cards. The first time I was disappointed because I was charged non- resident fee which should'nt be the case for any East African resident but the second time I visited (I liked the place despite the discrimination) they had suddely done away with the system.
Crown has superb rooms and one of the best buffet breakfast you can ever find in Arusha. The service is exemplary. I love this place!

Room Tip: Choose the much quiter rooms facing east if you intend to wake up late
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank wamae
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This hotel surprised us. In a positive way.
We liked the location - in downtown, from which you can easily walk wherever is in Arusha something tourist important or just to walk around. You don’t need to take taxi every time you want to go to buy something or just to see the city around. From the first point of view downtown and hotel location could seem dirtier and not safe comparing the parts of Arusha, which are outside the city centre and where many hotels are located; we were scary at the beginning, but then we realized that this is true city life and it just seems to be not safe.
The hotel is very modern. If you take the corner rooms (take these if I can advise and you won’t be unsatisfied), which are very spacious, light and airy, you will get the highest hotel standard room for the very good and lowest price, if I comparing hotels outside the city centre, often with lower standards and more expensive. The room was often clean, no smells inside, A/C, all time hot water, free mineral water in the room and free internet on the reception’s lap-top (just ask), with the hotel flip-flops on the entrance to the shower (As I wrote this hotel gives you standards for which you will pay, in the other parts of Arusha – e.g. road from Kilimanjaro airport, twice a more. We were checked one best known hotel from trip advisor’s reviews and we decided not to change Arusha Crown hotel.). Just don’t be scared by the location and people living there, they are not danger to you even they stare at you as you are not use to at home and even they contacting you by offering you a safari. Breakfasts were OK, tastier then e.g. in Nairobi, no complains at all.
I especially liked the pre-conversation with this hotel when I booked the room. They always replied promptly to my emails and did not ask for any advanced payment.
If I went to Arusha for safari again, I would definitely choose this hotel for what it offers.

Room Tip: take the corner room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SepsiSlovakia
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Everyone moves a bit slow but this is Africa :) You pay a fair price for the services provided. Worth checking out.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business