“Visited since 1 year”

Fullon Hotel Taoyuan
Ranked #20 of 147 Hotels in Taoyuan
Reviewed November 6, 2013

It was really changed around the hotel. Surrounded by very famous shops such as Lois Vitton and Rolex or so. McDonald is very near but convenience stores are bit far.
Restaurant menu are not many. Breakfast menu are okay.
Check-in is quite smooth and friendly. Calling taxi is very fast.

Room Tip: Nothing special.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights on my recent business trip. The check-in in the Hotel was very fast and the staff was very friendly. They were proactive in providing a power adapter as in India we have different configuration.
The internet WiFi connection was excellent and the connectivity and speed of the internet was excellent. It is a rare thing. This was the best experience in my travel around the world in last so many years.
I am a pure vegetarian.When I informed them about the same , they ensured that there enough veg. items in the complimentary breakfast.The variety of items were really large.
The only problem I found was that the working table was small for work , when I raised the issue to them they immediately organised for the second table.
The staff speaks good English and is very helpful
I would strongly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MDD7119
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed her for a month excelle t hotel rooms verg good size, sleep qulity is very good .the staff are very friendly and helpfull all times. there is no sperate bar as such .the gym is very small three treadmills and few weights.there is swimming pool,steam and sauna.
The restraunts food ok

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after our flight was delayed in Hong Kong and then we were held in a holding pattern before we could land in Taiwan. We were completely exhausted, but the comfortable room and friendly staff saved our lives. (There was also a 24 hour Mcdonalds 50m away.)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here by mysel for a week in Sept. 2012. I loved this hotel for many reasons, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is the number reason I would stay there again! The breakfast every morning was wonderful. Mix of western and Chinese food.

I was on the 10th floor in a corner room, so I had different views out the windows. It did make me laugh that I couldn't go out on the small balcony, but my Taiwanese friends said it was because if someone decides to jump on their own free will, the hotel would be held responsible. Ahh, well I guess that might be a government thing then.

My only complaint is that this is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, but when I first got to my room, it was obvious the occupant before me smoked in the room. I also could smell smoke, occasionally in the hallway on the way back to my room, because someone else on my floor thought it was OK to smoke in their room. When I complained to the front desk, they apologized and said they would send someone up to tell the neighbor to stop smoking. Another English speaking travel told me that the Chinese travelers often ignore hotels rules in Taiwan, as it's acceptable in China to smoke in hotels. Not sure if this is right, but there were many Chinese guests in the other rooms, so maybe he was right?

If you want Starbucks, you'll have to walk about 6-8 blocks, by the Carafor around the corner. McDonalds is across the street and KFC about 2-3 blocks away. Bus stop is in front of McDonalds so it was easy to get around. Taxis everywhere. Don't miss visiting the beautiful TaiMall. Great mall with plenty to do look at for at least 1/2 day.

Coin laundry on the roof by the pool - they will provide you with detergent. Pool - you must wear swim cap, as most Taiwanese hotels require. The hot springs switches days for men and women, so make sure you check on the schedule if you want to use it, I didn't, so can't review that part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and corner room. They say they're all non-smoking, but you may have to s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kdm4468
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I found this hotel on Tripadvisor because like many of the other reviewers I needed to stay for 1 night near the Taoyuan Airport.

The hotel itself is very nice and check in was smooth. The room was clean and comfortable. However, we did not have the most peaceful stay.

We booked our hotel through a travel consolidator. I don't know if this was a discounted room or not, but the hotel website boasts 182 rooms. Unbeknownst to us, we were put on the same floor as an entire wedding party and guests. So, on Sunday a.m. before 8 a.m. we were rudely awoken by people yelling and talking very loudly in the hallways. Then, as is the Asian custom, firecrackers went off nonstop for hours outside the window. Even though our room was on the 11th floor, it sounded like they were being set off right outside our window.

Because this affected our sleep, we asked for a late checkout, but we could only be given an extra hour because they said other guests were checking in.

We were just disappointed because the hotel did not seem like all 182 rooms were booked. If we had known during check-in our entire floor would have been occupied by all the wedding guests, we obviously would have asked for an upgrade, but we did not know at the time.

This could have just been a one time bad experience, but unfortunately we did not enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not staying on the same floor with an entire wedding party and guests!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I reserved this hotel at the first place because i need a place to catch my early flight. On trip advisor, someone recommend it and said it is closed by the TaoYuang international hotel. Honestly, I would not recommend this hotel to the people who needs to go to the airport as it is really far from the airport if compare to many hotels nearby the international airport. The hotel condition consider new but nothing really special nor luxury. I will only rate it 3 star. The shower room door can not be fully closed so when I took the shower, the water just spray to everywhere, caused the bathroom floor totally wet. The towels are hard like a rock. There are only one blanket on bed, no bed sheet, during the night, it is too hot to use the blanket but too cold not to use it. The surrounding area has not a lot to see.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo