“Welcome to the 70-80's hotel”

Pleasant Hotels International
Ranked #24 of 138 Hotels in Taoyuan
South San Francisco, California
“Welcome to the 70-80's hotel”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's a transit hotel, we stayed at Taipei all day before heading to this hotel. Be prepare to talk to the Taxi driver if you can't speak mandarin. Get their address in chinese characters and ph# from their website incase you use this hotel. I speak just average mandarin and Hokkien, at least it got me and my friend to the hotel after being refused by first taxi driver.

Hotel is aged, its like you're visiting your old grandma/grandpa house.
Stale feelin, bed is not that great, but quite roomy.
The water pressure in shower room is great. The toilet is a vintage.
Nowdays there are not many hotels that being kept and well maintained, so while in Taipei, if you want to experience staying in 70-80's hotel, do come here.

We didn't hang out outside hotel, so I don't know the surrounding.
Hotel offers service drop off to Airport, just let them know as you check in.
Their service is very friendly. I have no problem.
I have no high expectation for the price I pay, so this is a good enough hotel for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Irvine, California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel on Aug.20, 2013 . I never requested for a king-size bed, yet , they gave me that and overcharged me for a king-size bed. Room was old and not so clean.
Internet problem in the room even after asking so many times, finally I had to go down to the lobby to use my tablet.
The receptionist at the check-in counter was unfriendly.
Breakfast restaurant was dirty. The waiters only removed the used dishes but left the crumbs on the tables. Breakfast food was lousy; water, thee, and coffee were stored in old buckets which looked like picnic buckets that made me wonder how clean they were.

I definitely not recommend this hotel.
Weeks before, I stayed at Novotel by the airport; this was a great hotel for just a few $$ more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Willem T
TaoyuanHotel, 經理 at Pleasant Hotels International, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Sir:

Please accept my apologies for the things that make you uncomfortable,

as you can see,our hotel is going gradually renovated at this moment,

trying to improve the environment in our hotel,and the internet problem

I've asked our front staff,at that day, whole buildng had internet problem,

except first floor's wifi,the next day,engineer find out the line which

connecting the host computer are loose,so they fix it,please forgive the

inconvenience.

For the room charge,please allow me to explain it,actually we followed the

reservation list from your reservation ,which you made this booking by yourself-

"one Deluxe King Room,room charge ",is shows on the list,so

we follow the list to charge you, so we do not overcharged you for a king-size bed. sorry about that.
The restaurant are renovated at this moment too,so the 2F restaurant are

temporarily to use,but we can't deny there are many things for improvement,

thank you for telling us the this inadequate about our Hotel,Sincerely hope that we

have the opportunity to serve you again.

Travelers are raving about these Taoyuan hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed there for a week. The decoration is in chinese style.The room was clean and well-maintenance. The breakfast is so so for both chinese and international. Reception and Concierge desk was helpful and provide information you need. The hotel locates a bit away from downtown. Taoyuan Train station is about 4 Kms. away and cost NTD 145 (USD 5.00) a trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Waalwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel because the Novotel Taipei near Taoyuan International Airport was fully booked. To be honest, we were a bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews. The hotel proved indeed to be a bit outdated (especially the bathroom) but the place was clean. I personally prefer a clean room above an unclean one with a new interior.

For us the most important downside to the hotel was its location almost 30 minutes away from Taoyuan airport. Also the hotel is not very conveniently located if you want to visit downtown Taipei (before travelling to the city we wanted to store our luggage at the airport fist so we wouldn’t have to go by this hotel on the way back). The free shuttle service worked fine.

Breakfast was mainly focused on Taiwanese people. Not something we preferred (but I suppose this has to do with personal taste).

Lastly I can say this hotel was quite alright for a one night stay and not nearly as bad as we thought it would be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamplona, España
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to the hotel as a layover the night before flying from Taipei international airport.

They have complimentary shuttle to/from the train station and to/from the airport, so it worked out great for my little visit to Taipei before the flight and my early morning flight.

It's a big old hotel, that would probably need a little remodelation, but the room was extra clean and super big and with a really nice service.

I would recomend it without a doubt

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the last night of a two week stay in Taipei. We needed a hotel close to the airport with a free shuttle. The rate was low, about 84 dollars US, and was one of the larger rooms I have ever stayed in. The hotel itself, had a fun, casino-like vibe with old –fashioned room keys, not key cards. The hotel was old, and the bathroom definitely showed its age (low shower head, peeling paint),but the bed was fine. They do offer free breakfast, but I couldn’t be temped to leave the comfortable bed.

If you stay here, lower your expectations bring wall adapters; since all the wall outlets do not have three prongs (you can borrow one from the front desk).

This area of Taoyuan looked a bit rough driving to the hotel, but there is a convenience store on the corner and a great quick-serve dumpling restaurant just across the street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Queanbeyan, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Staying in a non-English speaking country was scary but the staff at the Taoyuan made us feel so welcome and tried very hard to help us where the language barrier was obvious. The room was huge, like a small apartment, which was very appreciated after long days squashed on trains, in shopping centres with millions of people etc. The location wasn't ideal, located 40 mins from Taipei via bus however we did a few tours that picked up and dropped off from the hotel so it didn't worry us too much. The buffet restaurant came in handy for breakfast lunch or dinner. Particularly if you were out of cash - next to no places offer eftpos! Not even the post office or maccas! Overall, clean, friendly, spacious, thoroughly enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple