“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 125 Hotels in Taoyuan
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel on my stop-over in Taiwan before flying off to London. It's about 20 - 30 mins cab ride from the airport (Taiwan Taxi is very convenient and cheap) which was ideal for me as I needed to be at the airport by 7am in the morning. The room came with breakfast, and upon knowing that I'd miss the hotel's usual breakfast time, the staff kindly offered to prepare two breakfast boxes for me and my sister to take with us to the airport.

The hotel looked stunning and has free wi-fi on every floor. The room was very spacious especially for Asian countries. It had a very modern interior and facilities. Our room featured two TVs, one situated near the bed and another in a separate area with sofas. This is not something I usually see in hotel rooms. I was especially impressed by the bathroom as it had the feature-packed Japanese toilet and the best looking bath-tub + shower combo I've ever seen. The only minor thing that bothered me a little was the ultra sensitive sensor lights that keeps switching on and off (lucky it was quite dim).

I'd definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Taoyuan or stop-overs in Taiwan. I heard that there may be shuttle buses to-and-fro the HSR station in the near future, which will make Taipei very accessible from this hotel without paying ridiculous prices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
9 Thank Rolf C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I had a layover in Taipei that ended up being much longer than expected due to a typhoon coming through. Our carrier, China Airlines, booked us with the brand new Freedom hotel while we waited for a flight out, and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. Freedom Hotel is beautifully decorated and very modern. The staff were all very accommodating to our whole layover group. In a tough situation, staying at Freedom made it so much better!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank emyliana
Travelers also viewed these Taoyuan hotels
City Suites Gateway
Hotel Kuva Chateau
Hotel Kuva Chateau
#5 of 125 in Taoyuan
4.0 of 5 stars 252 reviews

Been to Freedom Design Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Freedom Design Hotel

Property: Freedom Design Hotel
Address: No.55 Changrong Road, Luzhu Township, Taoyuan 33861, Taiwan
Location: Taiwan > Taoyuan
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 125 Hotels in Taoyuan
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Freedom Design Hotel 3.5*
"Freedom Design Hotel" is built by a well-known architect, from design to supervision, extending the meaning of "FREEDOM". The "FREEDOM STYLE" presents in the design,unlimited creativity, and bright bold color usage. The philosophy for Freedom Design Hotel design concept is focus on exquisite, personalized, colorful". Ceiling of six to nine meters, 250 sq.ft welcoming lobby, combined with arts, paintings and, showing a complex visual style; In addition, we want to let customers feel relaxed, comfortable and feel like this is their beautiful home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Freedom Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.