“A shock, A shock”

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A shock, A shock”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This could have been a major tourist attraction; unfortunately, it was one of the dirtiest places I have ever visited in my life..People simply threw trash everywhere, even when trash bins were right in front of them. I wonder if Taiwanese have any concept of cleanliness at all. I was elated to see such a wide expanse of beaches, but when I saw the debris and the trash, I really got ticked off. It's a shame that no one seemed to care. I would stay away from this place. It's not worth a visit. Hong Kong, which is only an hour or so away, has much cleaner beaches.

Visited November 2013
7 Thank J_C2013194

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Seafood markets by the Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Its very rustic not modernised yet does get very crowded but you can get amazingly fresh seafood to take home or cooked and sit by the sea and chill out, if your looking for clean crisp tourist facilities probably not your cup of tea, but want to be a local, you will fit right in

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mark R
Hesperia, California
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“very good food and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went here on a cold and rainy morning and were happy to find the fish market was inside, it was amazing..I have never seen so many different types of fish or shellfish. We walked around a couple hours trying to chat with vendors (few speak English) You buy whatever fish or shellfish you want and can either take it home or go upstairs to one of the restaurant shops and they will prepare it for you. We ventured outside and found a restaurant that also had fresh shellfish and we picked out a 2.5 lb lobster. It was a family style place with the family in the middle of their own lunch. The family tried to ask us how we wanted it fixed (no English here, we just worked thru it). Finally she smiled, took our lobster and ended up serving us one of the best meals I have ever eaten. She made some soup with the claws and legs, served us fresh cooked veggies, fried rice (not the same as American fried rice) and then the tail came in the form of a salad which was fantastic!!! The entire meal was perfect and the hospitality fantastic, what a wonderful experience we had! We did learn that 2.5 lbs of lobster for two people is too much. They didn't have a business card, but we did get a picture of the building which I will try to get translated and come back in to add the name and address of the restaurant.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Annette H
St. Stephen, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cultural experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

great food, fish market is intense,, gotta check it out, beach is a bit dirty, but that's because of garbage coming from China mainly,,,

Visited January 2012