“Beautiful home, great scenery and wonderful hospitality” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fuyam Tourist Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taoyuan
Fuyam Tourist Home
Ranked #1 of 51 Taoyuan B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful home, great scenery and wonderful hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Home stay in the mountaintop is a great experience, especially with hospitable host. The scenery is beautiful all the way. From the airport, though it is a three hour’s journey, our host Chung Pa brought us through several stops and tours, this relax us from the stress of a continuous journey. Arriving at Fuyam immediately gives you a sense of get away from our busy city life. Our three days 2 night stay is fulfilling with tours on each day and almost full board meals are certainly value for money. We would certainly recommend this place for those who want a relaxing holiday, even traveling in big group of 15 people. With chartered bus and taxi, all are very well coordinated for the whole trip. You can rest assured that they are very well plan.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TCL888

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We are very touched by the hospitality. When I ask for a place to do our laundry, Brian gave us a laundry basket and told us, he will take care of it for us. And true enough, our fresh laundry is given to us the following day. Chung Pa also taught us simple "slap" exercise to stay healthy. Place is also very well taken care of. And the food by Chung Ma, home grown mushrooms and vegetables and fresh fish, is not something that we city dwellers get to enjoy everyday. Wish I could stay there for good.

1 Thank beekhoo7
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a place of paradise.
We all did not regret to come to Fuyam. Definitely a place to recommend,
especially for city dwellers like us who want to get away from the
noisy bustling city . Normally when you return from travel, you might just
simply forget where you have gone to and get back to your usual lifestyle , but for this
place, I am still getting memories and I already miss this place and can't wait to go back
there again.
Satisfied your five senses to the fullest- Smell the fresh air, feel the
peace, look at the stream, trees and mountain , hear the nature symphony
of birds chirping,leaves hustling, water flowing , taste the best of the
best home-cooked food .
Thanks so much for the hospitality from Brian, Chong-pa and Chong-ma, they
are energetic, friendly and make us feel at home......thanks for letting
us to come to this wonderful place and for bringing us around.
Please continue to keep this place of paradise .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great hospitality by the host of three n not forgetting their dog, kilo. The meals were all prepared by Chung Ma and we felt being so well taken care of. Chung Pa was a delightful host, picking my group of 15 at 6am in the morning from the airport, brought us through a series of scenic tours, and taking the effort to explain the historical places. Brian was prompt in my email dealings prior to the trip which made our planning a easier.

2 Thank Chua71
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am glad that I made the right choice to stay here for my first minsu experience. I stayed in Fu-Yam in July 2012 for 4D3N (& yes, 3D2N is too short & I glad I read the reviews first & decided to extend 1 more night for the package).

- The warmth & hospitality of the owners (Chung Pa, Chung Ma & Brian)
- The tranquil & scenic surroundings (think mountains, streams & forests)
- Individually-designed, comfortable & well-kept rooms (best sleep I had in awhile. love the nature's lullaby of water flowing in the streams, leaves rustling & insect's calls)
- Delicious homecooked meals (Chung Ma is a great cook! I especially loved the preserved vegetable with meatballs & the 'liang ban cai' aka cold dishes usually eaten during summer)
- I went during July & was in time for the Peach harvest! (the peaches are so fresh, sweet & juicy!)

I am very touched by their dedication & the professionalism to run this place. Kept recalling what Chung Ma said about how they have have to think of the minsu as a sideline (they may not make alot of money from operating the minsu but the passion, love of the place and the guest's satisfaction keeps them going) and that their attitude must be very professional (towards maintenance of the rooms & grounds, providing high quality meals, constantly upgrading of the hardware like wifi, TV etc).

& as I write this review, I realised how much I miss the place!

Room Tip: I stayed in Cin Shuei Jyu (Song Yu) and really enjoyed the sound of running water in the stream. T...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pingishere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a quite bumpy ride before reaching Fu Yam and most of my family members have been complaining about me making the wrong choice. However, the moment we stepped out from our van, we realised that it was a right choice but only making the wrong decision on just putting up for a night. We fell in love with the serene environment, warm reception of the owner and delicious home cooked meal. We are planning for our second visit next year and it will definitely be a longer stay. So that we can get to know Brian and his family better and also enjoy the beauty of LaLa mountain.

• Stayed September 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had an amazing and unforgettable time at Fu-Yam. I came as a WWOOF volunteer and Brian, Mr. Chung, and Mrs. Chung were excellent hosts and treated me as family. Their home is located in the mountains of Lalashan and it is such a tranquil setting. They maintain their tourist home very well and take such pride in being hospitable hosts. Mrs. Chung is fantastic cook and the meals I shared with their family were beyond delicious. She noticed that I had an interest in cooking and was kind enough to show me her recipes and help her cook one evening. Although I cam as a volunteer, I felt I was treated as a guest and they made a big effort to show me around Lalashan and made sure that I had a relaxing, memorable experience.

I cannot thank Brian and his family enough for such a wonderful experience and for sharing so much of their family and home with me. This was easily the best part of my three weeks in Taiwan and I was able to learn so much about Hakka culture through my stay with them. Brian and his family are very accommodating and were eager to learn about me and my culture as well.

If I have the chance I would love to visit again and I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful, tranquil escape and an opportunity to stay with such a kind family!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank aramo78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taoyuan
Chateau de Chine Hotel Taoyuan
The Westin Tashee Resort Taoyuan
Hedo Hotel Taoyuan
Hedo Hotel Taoyuan
#3 of 51 in Taoyuan

Been to Fuyam Tourist Home? Share your experiences!