“Comfortable Stay for Long Layover”

Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Taoyuan
Santa Ana, California
“Comfortable Stay for Long Layover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We arrived around midnight after catching their free shuttle and were welcomed by a very friendly desk agent. As a Platinum member, I was upgraded from a standard room to an executive floor room on the top floor. The room had a view of the building next to the hotel, but the room was modern and nice. The bathroom was large and the bed was comfortable. I had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs because it opened earlier than the executive lounge and I had an early flight to catch. The food was good, but there was virtually no service. It felt more like a cafeteria with everything being self serve. Overall, it was comfortable and nice enough for a stay of less than 8 hours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dr_Drew2
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive customer feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, especially to our Front desk agents. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. In the other hand, we will keep improving our breakfast service, in order to provide better experience to our guest.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

The location is far from the airport, and the shuttle bus doesn't come regularly. I had to wait for an hour for the shuttle bus to come. The font desk was very cold, no smile. A good customer service should make the customers feel welcome, and this hotel failed to do so. The room was clean, but it was quite noisy. I could hear the conversations and the TV next door. Perhaps the wall was too thin? With this price, you can find better hotels elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
14 Thank Julia W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Just checked out of this hotel. Overall not bad, but since in my opinion the hotel could be greatly improved with only a few tweaks, I thought these worth mentioning:

- Lobby temperature north of 27 degrees (and humid) saves money, but irritates guests. While I realize that in Taipei summer, savings can be had by minimizing aircon and keeping interior temperatures higher, the lobby was out-and-out hot at 6am. I and several other guests commented on it, and pointed out to staff that guests were sweating. For heaven's sake, even the shuttle to the airport, not to mention the airport itself, were much cooler, and were frankly a big relief compared to the Taoyuan Novotel. Cutting costs is a fine thing, but doing so to the extreme of annoying guests is a good way to lose customers.

- Hotel restaurant (at least at breakfast): Poor. Here, this guest would recommend the following:

1) More investment in staff training. Many waiters orbited the floor--many not doing much to all appearances--but few bothered to clear dishes, so that I had to find a waitress and ask her to clear a table so that I'd have a clean place to have breakfast. Amusingly, despite having an adequately big tray, she didn't bother to clear the adjacent tables, at which used dishes sat from a prior party. By the way, these dirty dishes remained there until at least after I finished my breakfast and left 40 minutes later. Guests shouldn't have to point this out, but it's a bit disgusting upon entering to be greeted by so many tables with "used food" and dirty dishes, especially at breakfast time.

2) Compared to hotels in other major Asian cities, the Western food choices were badly prepared, with some downright awful. Again, if this were a hotel way out "in the provinces", one would not expect much if anything in the way of foreign food, but this is an airport hotel for a major Asian international airport, arguably "the" airport hotel in Taipei. It should be able to do better. Please avoid making the mistake of not bothering to hire at least one or a few staff who know how to cook targeted foods--it does not work to have just any old staff member "fake it" by following instructions to prepare food that he/she doesn't know and would never eat themselves.

Otherwise, I found many things good about this hotel: very clean, highly convenient to airport, front desk staff hugely helpful and courteous. I mention the above items in the hopes that hotel management is listening, since addressing just these things would have big "bang for the buck" in improving the overall experience at this hotel.

[Gist of this review also copied to Novotel customer service]

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Robert L
Dear Guest,

We are appreciate your detail comment and kindly suggestions. It's a very honest comment and very useful for us. I will share your comments with our teams and improve our service to match your expectations.

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stay one night on our way to Indonesia.
A nice room and a good breakfast.
The bathroom is pretty unique, specially for honey moon.
Should stay longer for next trip.
Great shuttle service as well since we arrived at midnight local time with 16 months old baby

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Taichung, Taiwan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Checked-In at 13/JAN/2014. I am a Platinum member of Accor. The Executive suite is great, but the bathtub is horrible that leak the water a lot.
I am very disappointed with the view because I thought I can have a full view to the Taoyuan airport because the window is so dirty that you can not even tell the carrier of the plane park in the airport.
I drove a rent car to the hotel, I need to tell you that there will be no parking space for hotel guests. I will never drive to this hotel until they have solution.
The credit card guarantee policy is annoying, IHG and SPG groups do not ask their guests to do so. I started my journey from this hotel, which means that my credit card limit was occupied by this hotel for almost a month during my whole trip.
The hotel staff are not friendly except in the Executive Lounge. I would rather stay in Taipei for better hotel like Sheraton, W or even Holiday Inn in New Taipei City than stay in this unfriendly hotel.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
34 Thank Ande717171
Dear Loyalty member,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, especially to our members; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are seriously looking into your comment. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Macau
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in April and was extremely I satisfied with the service provided. It appears that this caliber of service is typical of this hotel. The front desk called my room in the middle of the night to ask me a question about a package. Clearly, this was something that could have waited until the morning. There is zero consideration for their hotel guests. Feel free to stay here if you like being woken up in the middle of your REM sleep.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
115 Thank planetbackpacker
Dear Guest,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We will keep improve our staff service and continue our staff training in order to provide more comfortable stay for our guest.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had an overnight stay here and we were more than satisfied. Rooms were large, clean and modern. The breakfast buffet offered a huge selection of western and Asian selections. Shuttles ran every half hour to the airport and took only a few minutes. English was spoken by everyone. Free internet in rooms. We couldn't have been more comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple