“Very Good Hotel Near Taoyuan”

Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
Ranked #3 of 147 Hotels in Taoyuan
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel turned out to be a very good choice for a place to stay the night before my flight from Taoyuan. I wanted to be relatively close to the airport for a 9:10 AM flight. The shuttle service offered was an ideal feature as they made runs every 30 minutes. The hotel was nice in appearance upon approach which allowed for a good first impression. The lobby area was spacious and welcoming, also creating a positive impression. Check-in was quite easy and efficient and I found the front desk people to be helpful and polite. My room was also very nice as it was clean and adequately spacious. The restaurant was buffet style. I ate there for both dinner and breakfast and was favorably impressed. My checkout experience was also very smooth and the 7:15 shuttle got me to the airport without any hassles. The price was fairly reasonable at about NT$5000 (about $165 USD) breakfast included. This was a tad high but I thought, at the same time, they offered a good product making it a relatively decent value. I will certainly consider staying at this hotel on the next occasion I have a morning flight from Taoyuan.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is my regular hotel whenever I need to fly out the next day out of Taipei. Over the past 4 years, the prices have gone up a lot, yet the quality of the stay is not keeping up with the cost of each stay.

I communicated through reception and reservation about package delivery, check-in and check-out time, and even after receiving confirmation of my request, reception at check-in didn't seem to have any of the information registered. It was past midnight, I was exhausted and had to explain myself all over again to the staff before getting a keycard. As if it wasn't difficult enough, that another loud follow-up phone call was made to my room after I had gone to bed, wanting me to repeat information that I thought I had clarified at the reception before.

The room assigned was much smaller than I used to have. I thought my silver Le Club membership card would entitle me to a room upgrade, and late check-out. I didn't get any, and had to beg staff to let me use the room till 2:00pm the following day.

The staff with the concierge and the lobby bar were very professional and attentive, and this is the only saving grace of this stay. I will think twice next time before booking this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Enfam
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My flight arrived late so I decided to stay one night here before proceeding to my final destination the next day. There is a free shuttle that picks you up from the airport, it runs often and the driver was courteous and helpful. Check in was quick friendly and efficient, always nice to be greeted with a smile. Was upgraded as part of membership so that is always nice. The room was clean and well appointed. Big stuffed Panda's were everywhere. Bed was firm, they are always are in Asian hotels, and very comfortable. Shower was clean and good water pressure.
The hotel actually sits very close to the airport almost between the two runways, strangely aircraft noise was not an issue, I heard nothing even though I could see planes coming and going from my window. There is an aviation museum a short walk back towards the airport ( 5 minutes). I rate the location as very good for its proximity to the airport, I cannot really see why you would stay here longer term, not because of the hotel but because there is not a lot around. Overall a nice hotel with friendly staff, great for a layover.

Room Tip: I was on a high floor with view of the airport and runways - no problems.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mick D

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I want to share the most outstanding service from the hotel health club staff Mr. Liu (游泳池工作人員 劉先生). I had forgotten a pair of swim goggles at the hotel during my stay. I had not realized it until I was already in Tainan which is a 5 hour drive south of the hotel. The goggles are not even valuable and probably worth less than a few US dollars. Mr. Liu mentioned that he would be traveling to Kenting during his day off the following day and would pass by Tainan and he volunteered to personally deliver the goggles to my hotel in Tainan (which I will again remind you is a 5 hour drive away). Mr. Liu delivered the goggles and I was able to swim during the duration of my trip to Taiwan. This personalized and heartfelt service is above and beyond even the most exemplary of well-known Taiwanese hospitality and service. I cannot express enough my pleasant astonishment and gratitude.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank W H
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleasure to know that our Fitness assistant manager - Daneil did provide a nice service to you. I will share your comments to him, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This proved to be a really great airport hotel, very modern with comfortable beds and roomy, clean bathrooms. As an Accor platinum, I really enjoyed the top floor lounge and happy hour with snacks....wish all major airports had such great hotels!

Room Tip: I always like corner rooms, which tend to be far away from elevator noise/foot traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Accor group welcome all Leclub members to stay with us, and happy to know you did enjoy our service at premier lounge.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank HJMJYS

Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was a business trip, so I did not have time to go anywhere and it was just office which is just next door, and hotel. The room is spacious, modern and clean which provided a comfortable stay. The food at the Chinese restaurant on the second floor of the hotel is exquisite, and definitely a life-saver since there are not many options around. Breakfast buffet offers a good option too with Chinese, western and Japanese food. The gym and pool can be a nice respite from work. There is also a shuttle to the city that I did not have a chance to try out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with our team, especially to Chinese restaurant staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of them as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.