“Hotel Facilities”

Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Taoyuan
Hong Kong
“Hotel Facilities”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The swimming pool is very good and the major reason that I chose this hotel for my transit stay.
The shuttle bus service is very convenience.
For short stay like 1-2 nights stay or for transit purpose, is good to use this hotel to relax.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oakland, California
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We chose this hotel because we will arrive after 10 pm and do not want to go to downtown. However, to our surprise this is a very modern hotel with nice amenities that one can use it as a base for exploring Taipei. The room was clean and modern. We like the glass wall between the shower and bedroom. It can be made transparent or frosted at the flip of a switch. The indoor pool was heated and quite large. The jacuzzi was the largest we have seen in a hotel. It has even three beds for you to sleep on. Each bed contains holes for forming water jets to massage your back. We have never seen this kind of water massage beds in any hotel we have stayed before (and that includes many five star hotels all over the world). There is now a new subway station at Taoyuan airport to go to downtown Taipei so for a few days stay it is not a bad idea to stay at this airport hotel and commute to the city.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed here in transit for an early morning connection in Taipei. Was a little concerned after I read some of the negative reviews ofthe hotel with regards to the taxis and staff attitude. The reviews couldn't have been more wrong the staff were fantastic. They organised a 4am taxi for us, which was waiting when we checked out. The staff at reception, the Q Bar and the little patisserie were very attentive and helpful. The only negative was the odour from smoking in the room, but that is something you often have to live with when in China or Taiwan. It would however be good if non-smoking rooms are offered on check in. We would use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JandNMc
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The service starts in the airport where the hotel has set up a table for all travelers to connect with the hotels staff. Personally escorted to the bus stop, someone waited with me to assure that I was on the bus. Once at the hotel, the staff is extra friendly, the room is well appointed, very quiet and inexpensive. Great bed, great shower. Perfect for the weary traveler. Upon my return through Taipei I paid extra for the club level...not as good a value for a transit traveler. Breakfast was ample, with lots of selections and included. Had dinner at the hotel...that lacked quality in my opinion. The U705 bus to the THSR stops at the hotel making transit from hotel to airport or rail perfect.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Saigon
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed two nights. Arrived 11pm, flight out 7am, arrive back 11pm, flight out 9am. So really was using it very much as a transit hotel.

No access directly from airport terminals. You have to take the shuttle bus or taxi. Check-in took about 15 minutes, too long. The person in front was asking banal questions such as "is there much to do in Taipei?". When there is a queue, staff must focus on getting people checked-in. People with tourist-type enquires can be returned to later or shunted elsewhere.

There was a "gold" check-in, but no guests there. The guy just stood there doing nothing except having a joke with a colleague on his mobile. He could have helped reduce the queue. I'm "gold" but didn't have the card with me, only a printout. He was unwilling to process me on this basis (he should have been able to tell from the number), but I didn't argue the point.

Insufficient seating at reception - style over functionality. I had to have a short meeting with a client. Because of the late flight and long check-in queue, I hadn't checked in when he arrived. I had to use the bar, which seemed a bit inappropriate.

I had pre-paid for the room, but on check-in they insisted on taking a NT$6000 deposit off my credit card and I agreed. (Well a "pre-authorisation".) On top of this, they used DCC, ie converted into my own currency at a loaded rate, so nearer NT$7000 was taken. The receipt said I'd "made this choice - no recourse". I asked them to do it again, charging in NT$. The guy said he couldn't. When I checked out, they couldn't give me anything to say this authority had been cancelled. They wouldn't return the original signed receipt. We compromised on crossing through my original signature. Whilst it might be common practice, it's not yet universal and I certainly resent it, especially the manner in which it is operated here.

The shuttle bus to the airport starts at 5.45am which isn't early enough for the first flights. Shuttles can be full. A taxi is NT$100, but they are not always available first thing. Also a nuisance if you have to buy local currency just for this.

WiFi seemed not to work in the bar/reception area (not just me). But was fine, free and fast in the room. Room was quiet and modern. No complaints there, except perhaps lighting in the bathroom could have been better.

Small queue at my final checkout and first shuttle bus was full.. 40 minutes from presenting at check-out to arriving at T2. Not too slick.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
SEREMBAN MALAYSIA
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We checked into this hotel last night at about 10pm after we did all our shopping in the city center and dinner. It took us about 45 min or so to reach the hotel. Receptionist was pretty and polite and check in was smooth. We stayed in the Executive floor number 915 and 917. Room was ok with one single sofa bed and one king size bed. I moved the sofa bed next to the king size bed and my eldest son age 10 slept on it. My 8 years old daughter, 2 years old and I slept on the king bed. Bed and pillows were comfortable and soft. One special surprise was a 4 feet teddy bear soft enought n cuddly in the room.

Breakfast in the floor 9 was a lot lesser than the breakfast in the Ground floor.

Since our flight departure time was 9:40am, we departed at about 8am and took about 4 minutes to reach the airport terminal building 2.

In my opinion, there are no special benefit of paying the extra to stay in the Executive floor.

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for staying in the Executive floor. Breakfast was excellence with great choice.