“Nice hotel right next to the airport!”

Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
Ranked #4 of 138 Hotels in Taoyuan
Orlando, Florida
“Nice hotel right next to the airport!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was given a free night by my airline to stay here overnight and boy did me and my friend think this was a nice hotel once we walked into the lobby. When we went up to our room, we were amazed at our 2 single bed room, very nice bathroom. Very modern, clean, nicely decorated room. Beds were two twins, which worked out for my friend and I, but small compared to many hotels in the US. Nonetheless, this was a very nice hotel and highly recommended. And I really enjoyed the ipod speaker dock. To me, it seemed like a fancier hotel :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We spent 2 nites at the hotel, visited the kids corner, swimming pool, executive lounge and had our dinner and breakfast at "The Square" restaurant.
We have even taken the shuttle van to night market.
Abit far though, the experience was still good with some sight seeing on the journey.

Staff is friendly and helpful. We wanted to make our way to "Window on China".
It was far, but staff surf the internet and find us the cheapest route.
Unfortunately, it was raining, we didn't make it at end of day :-(.

Nonetheless, a nice clean hotel to stay, recommend those who extended their stay... do drop in this hotel on the last day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Close to the airport short taxi ride (good for when you arrive at 1am), short taxi trip to the hi-speed rail, very comfortable good selection at the breakfast buffet. Quiet room, free WIFI all good touches.
Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Maui, HI
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stayed here 2x, as a solo transit passenger on long haul China Airlines flights. The rooms were provided courtesy of the airline and I was able to stay 12+ hrs, with complimentary buffet breakfast in the restaurant across from the lobby. The hotel has a courtesy shuttle bus that picks up every 30 minutes just outside both terminal 1 & 2 buildings.

Lobby & check-in: very speedy and courteous. The lobby is ultra modern, has free MAC terminals to check email, several small sitting areas and lounges as well as an adjoining buffet restaurant. Free wifi throughout the hotel. Concierge as well as people to help with luggage and taxi were discreetly present at all times.

Rooms: accessible by elevators from lobby. Very modern, quiet and comfortably appointed. I was able to charge my iPhone and laptop right off the wall without having to hunt around for anything. I put up pictures in this review of both rooms from both stays. They were consistently clean. The sheets are good quality, extra pillows were available in the closet. I was able to fall asleep very easily and was not disturbed by any outside sounds. Bathrooms are modern, clean with roomy shower stall right next to bed, separated by frosted (or not, you have choice to clear it up) glass wall. Complimentary water bottles and tea/coffee was included in the room.

Restaurant: both trips, i received a voucher for complimentary breakfast buffet in the restaurant right off the lobby. Tip: get up early and go down there so you can try out all the stations! From congee to waffles to bread pudding, salads, deli meats, eggs, fresh fruit, fresh squeeze juices and full bakery! It is the best breakfast value i've had at a transit hotel.

In conclusion, the best transit hotel experience i have ever had. I'll gladly fly China Airlines if they put me up at a transit hotel lie Novotel Taoyuan. :)

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast buffet!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DrtMrtni
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2011

nice modern hotel, right on the runway. You can hear the planes taking off :-(. Food n room service very good.. but unbelievably expensive. 50 gbp for a steak n pudding. 4 gbp for a coke. Shuttle buses to hotel, rail staion n night maket. although night market was constantly over subscribed.

free wifi n 5english tv channels

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2011

the staff are very helpful. I really enjoyed my stay. I just had a hard time talking to the housekeeping staff as they are not very fluent in English. Nonetheless, despite the communication problem they still tried their best to assist with our needs. Over alll it was a great experience. I will definitely stay again if we come back to Taipei.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple