“Solid hotel, worth the money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taoyuan
Evergreen Transit Hotel
Ranked #74 of 147 Hotels in Taoyuan
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a recent trip to Cambodia. The hotel is conveniently located in the Taipei airport. It is clean, comfortable and provides an amazingly easy way to get a good night's sleep between flights. We took the 6:00 flight out of LAX which arrives in Taipei at 11:00 pm the next day. We went to sleep, woke up at 8:30 for our 9:50 flight to Phnom Penh and were at the gate and ready to go after eating breakfast in the airport by 9:30. It was pretty trouble free and allowed us to arrive in Phnom Penh fully rested with virtually no jet lag of any kind. It really does make the long trip from LA to SE Asia much easier.

As far as the hotel: It really has everything you need and it was very clean from what I could tell. No complaints. While the $90 to stay might seem steep the convenience of not having to get new boarding passes or go through immigration and security, take a shuttle or cab etc that would be entailed when staying at a regular airport hotel (e.g. one not in the terminal) sort of makes the $90 feel like a bargain!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Michael-and-Jose

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had to fly to LAX from BKK on very short notice. My return booking had a 14 1/2 hour layover in Taipei. I was able to reserve the transit hotel via email for my reservation. The reservation process is anything but straight forward. The evergreen website lists the transit hotel. However I could not access any reservation page for other than hotels outside the airport. As a last resort I tried email, which worked out fine. Their email address is <elh.t2@evergreen-hotels.com> or reservation@evergreen-hotels.com.
After a 14 hour flight from LAX this hotel is a life saver if you are stuck for a long layover. A large room w/ a good sized bathroom including a tub/ shower if you want a nice hot soak. The bed was king comfortable with better than average bedding. The room also had a very large closet with wooden hangers, a throw back to the old days. The TV had a few channels in English.
My only comparison is with the transit hotel in Miami I stayed in about twenty years ago. The hotel in Taipei is superior in every way especially the size of the room. Taipei also has a dayroom with free coffee and newspapers along with computer terminals. My room came with free high speed internet access. I paid $111 for my stay in Taipei, not cheap but for me very well worth it. There was no need to waste time going through immigration for an outside hotel. There are also various food outlets the same floor level including Starbucks and Burger king.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank rucus11
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We needed a 1 night stay due to a long layover (about 10 hours). This hotel served our needs perfectly. I can't give it a 4 star...but if you are flying EVA airways and need somewhere to hang your head...then this is perfect. Its located in the airport, and is close to fast food. EVA airways assisted us in booking this hotel in advance, the cost was about $120 I think, maybe a little less. But ask when you check into your flight if they can assist you with booking this in advance, that way there is a room for you when you arrive.

The room itself is small, poor lighting in the bathroom, but again it serves its purpose. The roadway goes under the hotel, so that was kind of weird - but also cool at the same time. You couldn't hear the traffice, but it was neat to watch through the big huge pop-out window. My husband and I were very thankful for a shower and sleep prior to flying the rest of the way to Bali. We noticed that this hotel also has some computers and a library we think. But we saw this upon departing and didn't give it much notice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leslie P
Reviewed December 16, 2012

... you are willing to forgive. To my knowledge Terminal 2 is not that ancient, so I assume that this hotel - or rather this corridor of rooms inside the terminal building - is also relatively new, and for that standards are a bit lacking.

For example, there is not a single international adapter plug inside the rooms. You better are from the US if you want to shave. Cleanliness is disappointing, doors a bit thin so that you can hear way too much of what is going on in the corridor - and yes, the loo flush would not work.

Really annoying are also "the rules" for day rooms. 9.00 to 21.00 opening hours, strictly. So better no arrive at 6am, or so, or otherwise u need to sit around and wait until you are allowed to use the room. A bit weird, really, I mean ok if you were in a Taiwanese village B&B, but at an international airport? Still, having been able to get a few hours of sleep before connecting on was of course appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank mc02282014a
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Had a 6 hour wait between flights. Decided to check out this "hotel". Located on the 4th floor of terminal 2 (next to the food court and the EVA air lounge). Minimum stay was 3 hours, which was perfect for me. Relatively affordable too. Nice big bed, seemed pretty clean and had all the toiletry necessities. Room had a weird smell though. And the air conditioning was relatively weak (beginning to see a pattern with all the asian hotels). Overall, I basically wanted a place to lay down for a couple of hours and a nice quick shower...which I got with this transit hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank John H
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I spent 12 hours here twice in the last month, recouping between flights. The place is perfect for what it is, a place to shower, sleep and allow ones self to feel human again. My only gripe is the price. For a single room I paid around $100US for 12 hours. Doesn't sound too bad I suppose but the place is no luxury hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank IssyMoo
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Waiting 8 hours for our next flight, we decided to get a room to shower and sleep. We took the 3 hours triple room. The room was basic, close the curtains and you will have a perfect dark room.
Soaps, slippers and toothbrush were available. Bathtub helps your tired body and no problem with the shower pressure.
After 3 hours of rest we felt rejuvenated and refreshed, we had dinner at the food court and walk around the window shopping. 3 hours of rest and shower really helps a lot especially if you travel with kids.

Room Tip: If you want privacy....get a room, not the shower only rate.