“Wow”

Pizza Rock Taichung
Ranked #62 of 4,514 Restaurants in Taichung
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual rock'n roll themed pizzeria where we serve thin-crust, stone-baked Italian style pizza, panini, baked pasta, salads, nachos, imported beers and wine.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The pizza here rivals the best I've had..........anywhere!!
Combine that with great service and atmosphere and you've got a home run.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

While I have grown to enjoy the local food around Taiwan, my brain still craves western food about once per day. Pizza Rock fills that need (usually a couple of times a week)! The highlights that keep me coming back:

1) The food is really good. The pizza is thin crust and they have a wide selection of flavors. The Greek salad is also very good (and now they have added chicken so its a meal on its own) and is one of the best salads in town (I have all the salads that I know of in Taichung ranked, they are currently in second place). The menu is always expanding and they are getting more options that are not so carb heavy (thanks!)!

2) Its a great gathering place. They have a small outdoor seating area that is great for some food and a few Taiwan beers with friends.

3) The owners Ugo and Ruby are awesome and the rest of the staff has always been friendly.

I guess that the biggest problem with Pizza Rock is that because of all the good aspects and the convinence to where I live I dont experiement with many other places in the area.

Keep up the good work! I hope that this review is helpful to people visiting Taichung and looking for a nice meal and a great atmosphere.

-Jon

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I don't live in Taichung, but every couple of weeks my roommates and I will travel over an hour and a half into Taichung just to eat at Pizza Rock. It's seriously that good. I usually get the spicy American (jalapeños, pepperoni, and mushrooms) but I've never had anything that I didn't enjoy. It seems like they work hard to get quality ingredients for their meals, and you can really taste the difference. And at $200-300NT for a pizza, it's relatively inexpensive as well.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pizza Rock offers delicious Montreal style pizza. Pizza Rock's menu goes beyond just pizza, including other authentic items such as grilled sandwiches and salads.
I am never disappointed with the Bacon pizza and a nice cold A&W rootbeer. For a real exciting mix of flavors, you can also try the Alvarez.
Great music, friendly staff and two convenient locations in Taichung make Pizza Rock a sure bet for a great time.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you are even in the Taichung area you must come to eat at Pizza Rock. It's a popular place for locals and foreigners alike. There are many varieties of pizza to choose from including meatless versions (thank you!). The crust is thin so you don't fill up on the dough. I usually order a pizza and the greek salad and if I can help myself I save a few pieces of pizza for the next day. The ambiance is nice and the staff friendly. I usually eat here once a week.