“Nice and quiet 5 star hotel in Taichung”

Millennium Hotel Taichung
Ranked #13 of 278 Hotels in Taichung
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Probably one of the only int'l standard hotels in Taichung. We stayed there for a night during a weekday. Very spacious room with a nice view. The king size bed is extremely comfortable. I'd definitely recommend friends and family to stay there if they visit Taichung.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MillenniumVee, 公關經理 at Millennium Hotel Taichung, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear g5llchen,

It is our honor to provide you an unforgettable experience. We sincerely thank you once again for your review and we do look forward to seeing you soon.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Millennium Vee Hotel Taichung

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice comfortable hotel with free wifi, nice big bathroom that comes with a bath tub! The power point plug can accommodate any power cable plugs from all over the world. We ask the way to the train station and the staff are very helpful to direct us the nearest bus stop. Will stay there again should I visit Taichung again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear LeciaOng,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Vee Hotel Taichung and thank you for letting us know about your amazing experience at our hotel.It is our honor to provide you an unforgettable experience.

Millennium Vee Hotel located in the most prestigious District Seven in Taichung City, we also offers the luxury and services of a world-class hotel.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Millennium Vee Hotel Taichung

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend in Taichung with a few friends. We happened to land in Taichung on a busy weekend with a few baseball competitions and local concerts so this was the only hotel that was available with our last minute booking. Having said that we chose this because we had no other choice we definitely wouldn't have regretted on it. The hotel is situated about 30 minutes from the Taichung International Airport and in a quiet suburb in the Xintun area. While tucked away in a quiet suburb featuring one of the most expensive residential area in Taichung, it is quiet convenient to get to most places within the city. There are no restaurants or shops in the area which is a downside and the nearest convenience store is at least 10 minutes walk away. My advice is that take a taxi to the nearest convenience store and stacked up on what you need for your trip.

The hotel is very new and clean. The lobby is quiet large compared to most lower star hotels in Taichung. This is not my first time in Taichung and I have stayed in a few smaller ones in the Fungjia Nightmarket which obviously is convenient but definitely lacks the relaxing and quiet times you sometimes need. There is a nice louge bar up on the roof top which offers quiet nice views of the city as the hotel is one of the higher buildings in the area and most high rise buildings are quiet spaced out.

I have had experiences with Taiwanese people and their English especially in Central and Southern Taiwan but most staff in the hotel speaks fluent English and are extremely friendly. We booked ourselves in a suite which offers a small pantry, a sitting area and a huge king size bed. The bathroom has all the amenities you will need and is extremely spacious. These suites can easily sleep 6 people comfortably without any extra bedding as they have these comfortable cushions lined up on against the wall and around the sitting area.

This hotel offers a different experience in Taichung in terms of accommodation. Honestly speaking most people who travel to Taichung opt for something small and cheap or even the popular motels in the area but if you need something more luxurious or business then Millennium Vee is not going to disappoint you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip and am impressed with this hotel. I like the design of the hotel; it is very modern and contemporary. The room is spacious and functional. There is a desk provided with multiple connections for your electrical items. The plug points allow you to plug in without an adapter which I find very convenient. WiFi is available in the room and they went further as providing a cable for manual connection. The hotel pays attention to detail and comfort by proving bath robes, iron & ironing board and functional switches by your bed with an alarm clock. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really wanted to say that this hotel checks all the boxes with large rooms, tv with many and varied channels ( some hotels assume everyone just wants to watch news and sports), a good (not Wow!) buffet restaurant and staff who can speak English but in the end I feel the staff are too new and still finding their feet and ask to get a room facing Shizheng Road, I stayed in 1616 and all I could see was a large apartment building right next door and I felt that I could not open the curtains in case the neighbors looked into my room. The hotel is close to Carrefour supermarket and some restaurants in the neighborhood but a little too far to walk to the department stores.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Shizheng road on a high floor ,otherwise the view is of an apartment building
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I had a 1 week stay at this hotel while on business travel. Everything about this place was great...a real haven after a days work. The rooms were very comfortable with a great bed and a spacious bathroom. The showers were magical with a tremendous amount of pressure and scorching hot (if you want it). The gym was pretty excellent with several cardio machines, free weights, and a cable machine. Plus theres's free water, towels, and headphones. But the best part of the gym is the men's locker room with a steam room, spa, showers, and lockers-perfect when you come off a 14 he flight from the US. Breakfast was included and the restaurant was very nice, but some improvement in food selection would be good. Room service had an amazing selection, was always presented nicely, and very tasty. Service was of course amazing and the staff was always available and willing to help out.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Room and service:

I stayed at the Vee suite on 14F, the view is very good, can see the cityscape of Taichung.
two things to complain is the TV set and the comforter, the TV is not clear, only some channels are clear. The comforter is airtight which made me feel hot during sleep.

the executive club where free happy hour meal and breakfast offers are quite nice. Every table and seat are spacious and are not too close to each table, which offer customers a private spaces. moreover, service staff in the executive club is exceptional, kind, friendly, and they may come to you volunteerly to help you with anything.

Poor booking staff:
I called at the hotel at 21:41 on April 15 requesing about booking a room with 4 adults for one night on April 20. The servant told me that they dont have a room for 4, and suggest me to book a Vee room and then I can order additional 2 single beds in that room. And she told me the price we'll have to pay is 2946 NT dollars, and I did confirm with her again on the phone and she said yes, its 2946 for each person. I was so happy that finally can I book a room for my trip, and I told the customer servant that I will call her back to book the room later.
Then, I called back at 22:12 on the same day(april 15), I told the servant the same room and way I am going to book(Vee room with additional 2 single beds), and I asked her the booking staff about the price again, the servant told me its 3337 for each one…
I dont quite remember the price for each one she told me when I called back again, but its EXACTLY DIFFER from what the staff told me at my first call.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends