“Brings new higher standard to hotels in Taichung”

Millennium Hotel Taichung
Ranked #10 of 262 Hotels in Taichung
taichung
“Brings new higher standard to hotels in Taichung”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really wanted to say that this hotel checks all the boxes with large rooms, tv with many and varied channels ( some hotels assume everyone just wants to watch news and sports), a good (not Wow!) buffet restaurant and staff who can speak English but in the end I feel the staff are too new and still finding their feet and ask to get a room facing Shizheng Road, I stayed in 1616 and all I could see was a large apartment building right next door and I felt that I could not open the curtains in case the neighbors looked into my room. The hotel is close to Carrefour supermarket and some restaurants in the neighborhood but a little too far to walk to the department stores.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Shizheng road on a high floor ,otherwise the view is of an apartment building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I had a 1 week stay at this hotel while on business travel. Everything about this place was great...a real haven after a days work. The rooms were very comfortable with a great bed and a spacious bathroom. The showers were magical with a tremendous amount of pressure and scorching hot (if you want it). The gym was pretty excellent with several cardio machines, free weights, and a cable machine. Plus theres's free water, towels, and headphones. But the best part of the gym is the men's locker room with a steam room, spa, showers, and lockers-perfect when you come off a 14 he flight from the US. Breakfast was included and the restaurant was very nice, but some improvement in food selection would be good. Room service had an amazing selection, was always presented nicely, and very tasty. Service was of course amazing and the staff was always available and willing to help out.

• Stayed April 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Room and service:

I stayed at the Vee suite on 14F, the view is very good, can see the cityscape of Taichung.
two things to complain is the TV set and the comforter, the TV is not clear, only some channels are clear. The comforter is airtight which made me feel hot during sleep.

the executive club where free happy hour meal and breakfast offers are quite nice. Every table and seat are spacious and are not too close to each table, which offer customers a private spaces. moreover, service staff in the executive club is exceptional, kind, friendly, and they may come to you volunteerly to help you with anything.

Poor booking staff:
I called at the hotel at 21:41 on April 15 requesing about booking a room with 4 adults for one night on April 20. The servant told me that they dont have a room for 4, and suggest me to book a Vee room and then I can order additional 2 single beds in that room. And she told me the price we'll have to pay is 2946 NT dollars, and I did confirm with her again on the phone and she said yes, its 2946 for each person. I was so happy that finally can I book a room for my trip, and I told the customer servant that I will call her back to book the room later.
Then, I called back at 22:12 on the same day(april 15), I told the servant the same room and way I am going to book(Vee room with additional 2 single beds), and I asked her the booking staff about the price again, the servant told me its 3337 for each one…
I dont quite remember the price for each one she told me when I called back again, but its EXACTLY DIFFER from what the staff told me at my first call.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sd8695
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We paid less than $289 USD but got a suite room with luxury facilities. Tube is by Kohler, and shampoo/lotion is by Bulgari. Never saw such high-end brand from hotels in Taiwan. Breakfast buffet provides a variety of cuisines. Everything is better than my expectation. Defiantly would visit again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Elegant and Grand hotel lobby. Friendly staff and nice reception desk. Facilitated big room. Smooth wifi connection. Good quality of breakfast. Therez a sky lounge, very special in Taichung city. Overall is definitely reached 5 stars.

• Stayed March 2013
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

It's a brand New Hotel..
Great location for business people.10 mins Taxi ride to HSR station.10 mins walk to shopping mall with big food court and restaurants.
Overall staff service is great with respect.
Few amenities needs improvement such as Buffet bfast choices limited for 5 start hotel, Gym Room is small with limited choices of fitness machines. no wall clock in small Gym room Food choices for executive lounge is limited and similar choices. No varieties.
Some amenities are great such as big outdoor pool, sauna room, water pressure in shower, Bathroom supplies, etc.
Room windows were dirty due to new constructions in area, cleaning was in progress while I stayed here.
Overall my stay for more than a week was great, but could be better.

Room Tip: Corner suite is larger and great view of city
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PPatel_401
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This last weekend I travelled with my husband on a business trip to Taichung. On arrival at the hotel at 10am after our HST trip from Taipei we were advised that checkin was not until 3pm. We requested an early checkin and was told that our room was not ready. My husbands meetings were at 11am so no opportunity to freshen up. I was taken to the Oxygen Room beside the pool and gym area to sit and wait. They did get us into our room at midday. It is a very large hotel and seriously could not understand why our room was still being serviced. A mystery. The room was pleasant enough but overlooked four walls of hotel rooms. Bit ordinary. We wanted to go to the roof bar in the evening, but it was closed due to the inclement weather. I and lunch at the Soluna restaurant and the service staff were very attentive, but the meal took a long time to arrive. No bread was offered whilst I waited. We had dinner at The Prime which has a gorgeous veiw of Taichung and the ambience was lovely. The staff were fabulous. However, I ordered two entrees, one for my entree and one for my main meal. My husband ordered just a main meal. His main meal came with my entree. I sat and ate my second entree whilst he waited. Our side order of cauliflower never came. A very expensive dinner, with a couple of hiccups. I'm sure they will get it right eventually.

Room Tip: Request that you do not get a view of the other rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business