“New Hotel with good service”

Millennium Hotel Taichung
Ranked #9 of 263 Hotels in Taichung
San Francisco, California
“New Hotel with good service”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

It's a brand New Hotel..
Great location for business people.10 mins Taxi ride to HSR station.10 mins walk to shopping mall with big food court and restaurants.
Overall staff service is great with respect.
Few amenities needs improvement such as Buffet bfast choices limited for 5 start hotel, Gym Room is small with limited choices of fitness machines. no wall clock in small Gym room Food choices for executive lounge is limited and similar choices. No varieties.
Some amenities are great such as big outdoor pool, sauna room, water pressure in shower, Bathroom supplies, etc.
Room windows were dirty due to new constructions in area, cleaning was in progress while I stayed here.
Overall my stay for more than a week was great, but could be better.

Room Tip: Corner suite is larger and great view of city
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PPatel_401

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This last weekend I travelled with my husband on a business trip to Taichung. On arrival at the hotel at 10am after our HST trip from Taipei we were advised that checkin was not until 3pm. We requested an early checkin and was told that our room was not ready. My husbands meetings were at 11am so no opportunity to freshen up. I was taken to the Oxygen Room beside the pool and gym area to sit and wait. They did get us into our room at midday. It is a very large hotel and seriously could not understand why our room was still being serviced. A mystery. The room was pleasant enough but overlooked four walls of hotel rooms. Bit ordinary. We wanted to go to the roof bar in the evening, but it was closed due to the inclement weather. I and lunch at the Soluna restaurant and the service staff were very attentive, but the meal took a long time to arrive. No bread was offered whilst I waited. We had dinner at The Prime which has a gorgeous veiw of Taichung and the ambience was lovely. The staff were fabulous. However, I ordered two entrees, one for my entree and one for my main meal. My husband ordered just a main meal. His main meal came with my entree. I sat and ate my second entree whilst he waited. Our side order of cauliflower never came. A very expensive dinner, with a couple of hiccups. I'm sure they will get it right eventually.

Room Tip: Request that you do not get a view of the other rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MelCraigSingapore
Nice, France
Reviewed January 30, 2013

the place is in the mid of the new construction area in taichung with fancy condominiums, shopping malls and restaurants. the rooms are large and spottless, great bathrooms, but design of the rooms is somehow boring (the design of carpets is the same as in shangri la in tainan, which is a bit older), but functional. We have received an upgrade and were in the executive room, which are larger than the normal ones.The VIP upgrade offers you breakfast until 11 am and a late afternoon snack with wine and prosecco (which is nice). Do not miss the spa area with a great view over the new taichung city.

why to come to taichung: trip to lukang or alishan national park. as all around taiwan could be easily done with the public transportation which is well organised.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AngkorGems
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Taichung, a beautiful and rapid growing city in mid-Taiwan. This is a new hotel with good facilities. The staffs are friendly, initiative and helpful. Services are excellent. However the interior design and decoration of the hotel are average. The room is very spacious, clean and comfortable. Like most of the hotels in Taiwan, there is a free internet service. Just to pick some fault: the door of the clothes closet is rather large and cumbersome; the mini bar is too low to conveniently use; and the table lamp is difficult to adjust - its light stimulated the user's eyes continuously. The lobby is deserted and bare, not like a five-star hotel’s lobby. It needs improvement. Nevertheless, the live music of the lobby bar was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank liucy752
Hong Kong
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was my final destination hotel for my trip to Taichung and neighboring places and the room was great! Although check-in was exceptionally slow and the room was still not ready for check in by 5, I don't have much to complain about because I knew they were brand new. The customer service definitely made up for the slow check-in, the boys at the concierge helped me out a whole lot and they all speak very good English. Very friendly staff and I'm sure this hotel has potential to be even better when they start running more smoothly. Breakfast selection was nice, food was OK.
One thing I noticed was that the concierge told me to book a cab to the Taichung airport for $1000 Taiwan dollars, but the ride was nowhere near the 30+ minutes they claimed and I thought I was well overcharged. But this might be because it was a booking and I didn't wail down a cab? But other than that, everything is GREAT. Brand new everything in the room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vivleung
Taichung, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had the opportunity to be one of the first people in this hotel. The standard of everything is now setting a totally new benchmark in hotel standards in Taichung. I was treated like a VIP and due to the fact they have literally opened only yesterday, was given the VIP tour of all the room types and facilities. The outdoor swimming pool is a gem for swimmers. The gym small but perfectly sized with top range equipment. The restaurant provided a perfect setting for my meeting and service was just right.For a person who spends half his life in hotels this one got a big wow from me.

Room Tip: The club room is well worth the extra cost if you need to have a meeting with someone and also the e...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business