“Lots of shopping in this areas”

FengJia Night Market
Ranked #1 of 126 Shopping in Taichung
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This open space night market shopping area is located in front of Feng Jia High School store in the night were so crowded packed by tourists, students and their locals.From Cloths,Souvenirs,Foods,Beauty Products ,Sport Items,Toys and etcs everything in there just too difficult to walk thru and you dun want to get lost in that area. You may want to meet or gather friend in some waiting point or prominent building to meet.Would love to go there again as I got an hour to shopped in my trip and meet my friend there.Still I managed to get myself 10 pcs on ward of clothing mostly casual wear top and tank and dresses.Youngsters and Teens will love this place.

2  Thank kokomitay

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I personally felt that FengJia Night Market was way much better than Shihlin Night Market in Taipei.

It's more organized in Fengjia, and sanitary conditions are better than in Shihlin. They have a wide variety of food and some interesting food there. I particularly remember eating a rather big sized sausage coated with potato cubes and sauces, it was quite unique. Basically, I was just eating, eating and also took a couple of sips of drinks while strolling along the night market, and the food were great! Ordered some sort of fresh mandarin orange juice which was really refreshing and at a really cheap price. Heard that there's papaya milk at a particular store which is nice, my sister tried it and said that it was not bad. I did not try it though, since I dislike papayas.

It's a really huge night market, however, the walking space was rather cramp when crowded. But they do have many shops there though.Besides selling food, there were a variety of shops selling accessories, bags and clothings, and the shop owners and promoters were friendly.

Bad thing was, after eating all the food which were irresistible, I was down with sore throat, flu and slight fever for a few days. Hence, I would advise all that, don't just keep eating, do remember to drink! Do drink lots of fluid to cool your body while having fun eating those delicious food. The food sold there were relatively heaty, since they have chicken cutlet, fried assorted mushrooms, and whatever you may order that can be fried or deep fried. But well, even though there may be lots of fried food, who cares? They were awesome and delicious! Hehe...

5  Thank JumpingPancakes
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went there via bus 35 from Taichung Station, bus ride was free, nothing was deducted from my easycard balance. Not sure if I went to the correct street, all I see are food stalls, very few non-food stalls/stores, did try out a few items ( just followed whatever stalls have long queues ).

Memorable ones are the sausage in sticky rice roll, fried mushrooms & chicken chops.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I frequent Shilin night market in Taipei but it was my first time at FengJia night market during my last trip to Taipei.

I couldn't find an easy way to get there via public transport but it was a mere $12-$15 USD taxi ride from the YiZhong Shopping District.

The night market is a bit disconnected with different branches but lots of good food and pretty organized stands.

I didn't do much research as to what to eat but just followed the lines and everything was really good!

I ended the night with a fresh pineapple juice from a fruit juice stand and it was really refreshing to wash down my heavy dinner!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Fengjia is a huge place interconnected to many other streets. kind of like getting lost in the middle of xi men ding in Taipei when i first went there. but Taichung people are also very friendly and i had no problem even when lost and managed to find my place back eventually. The street food such as "lan ren xia" (barbecued prawns), braised snacks on stick and bubble tea ( can't really remember the name of the shop) were extremely tasty and a must try i would say. shopping wise, things here are slightly cheaper and better quality compared to xi men ding and shi lin at taipei. there is also a back lane quite hidden. when i passed by, saw a lot of people queuing for "xue hua bing" and other desserts and it looked delicious but didn't get to try because it was late and I just ate a lot on the way..anyway if you go to taichung, fengjia is a place worth checking out.