“Best Italian food ever!”

Fatty's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #392 of 4,418 Restaurants in Taichung
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dont miss it - Great unassuming place. It is a funny place to get such good Italian food but it is definitely great

There are newer reviews for Fatty's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have to confess I live and work in China. Coming to Fatty's was heaven sent. From the first night and the Italian sausage in a spicy marinara, to the pumpkin risotto (as good as any I've had in Italy), to the pasta putanesca, this place was fabulous!!! We had a large work group and some of us ate there every night and we all raved about the place. I had a friend over from China for my birthday and it was the first place I took her because I knew what she was getting for Italian food in China. We had lunch there on our last day before she flew back to China and me to the Phlippines. We threw a little birthday bash and they were very accommodating. The lady Taiwanese chef came out and said hello. She can flat out cook. She would prepare off the menu too! I had a buddy off carbs so she prepared him a sausage w peppers and onions. A little secret, Fatty's and Smooth's are next door and have the same owners. We liked Smooth's atmosphere better so we always went there but ordered off the Fatty's menu some of the time. The Olympics were on and Gerhardt had a satellite feed with no commercials so we hung out there quite a bit. Great food! Great service!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Food is overprice, relying on the name. Not much for Italian food. You can do the same type of food at home....

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was the only restaurant in Taichung were we felt like home. The food is great. The ambient is very pleasant. Clean and fast. The personnel is very good.

The owner is funny and discreet.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

It's pretty good Italian food, but they also have black ink pasta. The meat isn't the best and things tend to be spicy. If you don't like spicy you need to read the menu carefully and then let them know. Not everyone speaks English perfectly and sometimes they get nervous and give you the wrong thing. Pizza are OK and pastas were OK as well. Loved their creme brulee. Next door the same owner has a higher end "European" restaurant that has mainly Italian food. That's more expensive, but everything we had was great there. Some creme brulee ;) I felt the more high end restaurant everyone spoke better English.

1  Thank PersianKat