“An Excellent choice”

Ranked #32 of 262 Hotels in Taichung
Netanya, Israel
“An Excellent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Great Hotel. very nicely located. I arrived here on a continue of a business trip and what a lovely surprise. I was a bit scary that it would again one of those hotel but I found a lovely hotel, with very helpfull stuff, this is really the small things that make the huge difference, the willingness of the stuff here to make any of your request their duty and to try to help you in any way, really made my Stay, thanks to Valery from the front desk :)
nice breakfast
Lovely room and bed is very very good.
Very nice bathroom.

Definetely a place to stay and to come back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 276David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've used this hotel during my business trips (in 2005 and 2007) and I can recommend it for business travelers. The staff is very kind, helpful and they speak English. The breakfast was great, you can choose either Asian/Chinese or western style of food.
The rooms are equipped with old furniture, but they are clean and provide good standard.
The hotel does not have their own fitness/pool facilities, but it is attached to the local fitness health club which is very well equipped. They have large outdoor pool, sauna and big fitness centre.
Hotel is located close to a main street, which is quite noisy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed two night in this hotel in April 2013.
The first point what I have to highlight the staffs: all of them was really kind, they speak English very well.
The rooms are not brand new, but well equipped. International TV channels, high speed wireless internet, perfect bathroom.
So, it is not a shiny hotel, but stay there some nights as a business-man, I think it’s perfect.

Room Tip: If you have a partner company in Taiwan, they can get special price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel was nice and in a convenient location. 10 min walk to Sogo Department Store. Room was large and comfortable, a little dated. Meals were good in the restaurant. breakfast was a standard buffet but had labels for vegetarian and vegan which was a nice touch. This hotel is very popular with business men and feels a little impersonal.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the new building as the fitness equipment/pool is in that building and the rooms a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty76Australia
Taoyuan, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

It's in the city. You can go to everywhere soon by drive or taxi.
The food is ok, we tried it's buffet for dinner and it really normal, we don't think it worth the price.
The room is ok, clean and comfortable. But I think if your room is face the road, it will be noisy.
I'll try other hotel next, seems their are so many other choice in Taichung.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family of four stayed in this hotel for 7 nights in March. We were assigned to a family room in a new building across from the main hotel. The room is good size. Bathroom is in excellent condition and very clean, good breakfast. I attended a YOGA class in the fitness center and one massage session in the hotel spa. I only have good things to say about this hotel which includes the hotel staff.

Room Tip: We chose a room with traditional arrangement on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DoraWashington_DC
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner was on a business trip and we stayed at the hotel for 2 months. You would expect the staff to remember our preferences but throughout our L-O-N-G stay, we never received greetings from the front desk nor restaurant staff. The only 'hellos', 'good mornings' come from fellow guests! To put it simply, the staff were blunt, tactless and inflexible. I requested a room change once during my second week of stay and they rejected my request immediately claiming that all the bigger rooms are reserved until mid-April. To be honest, I was just trying my luck on getting a bigger room but their claim was ridiculous! On the second last day of our stay, the restaurant staff asked for payment for an additional breakfast. First and foremost, the room was booked for 2 persons with 2 breakfasts inclusive. Secondly, it took them 60 days to inform me that there is an additional charge for breakfast?? We were so furious by the incident, we stood up without consuming any food and left. Even the process of our check-out was not spared! We requested for a bill that separates room charges from miscellaneous charges and the staff frowned at the request and responded 'huh?! You mean the bill from Feb to April (as an indication that the process takes too long and it is far too troublesome'. We approached the front desk less than 5 times throughout my stay and this is the service attitude we receive? I am appalled.

In terms of the room, I stayed in one of the new rooms in building A. In general, I was satisfied with the room size and cleanliness. The housekeeping staff were attentive and prompt. They were the only members of staff who made me feel like I'm staying at a home away from home.

For my next trip, I would definitely consider other properties which can appreciate our business better!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business