“Business hotel - straightforward and sufficient. Good enough.”

Holiday Inn Express Taichung Park
Ranked #17 of 265 Hotels in Taichung
Singapore
“Business hotel - straightforward and sufficient. Good enough.”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I liked the modern, minimalist design. We were there for just one night and it was definitely good enough for us. Room was of a good size, bathroom and clean and decent-sized. Location good enough. Breakfast - pick from set menus, but no complaints either.

It's not the Ritz but it's good enough for me. I didn't pay Ritz pricing either :)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I'm the priority club member. I'm using my point to redeem a free night. When i check in they greet me and give a very warm welcome to me. Every time i'm goin out they are greeting me by name. Its not happen in every hotel. Only this hotel was practice to do that! Its a excellent stay for me! But one of the bad thing is most of them can speak a little bit english. I think they should improve in this part. Anyway, it is a nice place to stay.

This hotel is located at center of Taichung. Its very easy for us to walk to night market!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
London
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We visit every year to see family and this was the first time we booked a hotel in the city. We wanted to be in the central part of Taichung (near the station) to see family, so was pleased to find a new/smart hotel in the area.
We booked via the Hotels website and found it very easy to find, arriving this time by bus from Taipei. The Hotel opened this year and was very clean and modern with a warm welcome from the staff. The room itself was huge! ultra modern bothroom/walk in shower and we chose the outward facing rooms (central rooms look down into the central hotel area / breakfast and shopping floors). Unless your first visit to the city and facing the park, its not worth paying the extra for a outside room.
Very comfortable beds and all the mod cons .... no need for travel plugs either, they have great new sockets that fit all overseas plugs! Large TV and coffee/tea and breakfast included with a good choice of western and Chinese.
We really couldnt fault the hotel and the staff were very nice. My wife wanted some new glasses and they recommended an optician and map/directions.
Good if you arrive by train to the centre of Taichung (the highspeed rail and airport is on the city outscurts). The main Bus terminal is also close, this makes it really good if you are visiting the areas outside Taichung like Sun Moon Lake and the mountain spa's

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Great hotel to stay in!
Great enviroment, clean and spacious room. With cable and international plugs which enable traveller to charge up everything that we need for our trip.
Great Customer service, dispite doing our HW before travelling we asked the front desk for advice and the distance between one place to another. They gave valuable advice and recommendation on where they local will go which i feel that it is waht sometimes we tourist are looking for.
Great breakfast, they provide a range of their local to international range. It was good and contented after eating.
If i have got another chance to go back there again, i would sure like to stay in Holiday inn express.

But it might be a little hard to serach for the hotel after alighting at the train station, as it is a rather long walking distance with all the bagage and stuff. Calling the hotel, they will provide you with the direction and it is really useful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I stayed in the Holiday Inn for one night. It was a pleasant surprise. I paid around $90US for the night.

The HI is right in the centre of town, so there's plenty of restaurants and markets nearby. I stayed on the 11th floor, and the room was great. 10 foot ceilings, big flat screen TV, ipod dock, free wireless and one of the best showers I've used in Taiwan (I like good water pressure:))

There is a small restaurant in the bottom of the hotel atrium. Dinner was about $8US, and breakfast is included with the room. Breakfast was nothing huge (not buffet), but was good enough for me.

If I had to be picky, I'd list the following:

1) Air con was a bit inconsistent. I had it set to 23, yet woke up pretty warm a couple of times dring the night.

2) The hotel is at a major intersection, and even though I was up high, I still heard a bit of street noise at night.

These are minor issues though, compared to the overall comfort and price of the room.

If you're in Taichung, I would definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Frankfurt
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Just openend last year directly across Taichung park. Very clean and trendy flair with spacious and comfortable rooms. The staff is very hospitable and kind. You get free highspeed wifi and a choice between soft and firm pillows. The restaurant offers good food for very reasonable prices. The location is nice and most major attractions in Taichung not far way. It will be our permanent choice for trips to Taichung, which by the way is an ideal starting point for trips to the beautiful landscape of Taiwan like Soon-Moon-Lake and Alishan Mountain. Photos will follow shortly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2009

This hotel is newer and tries to be modern. The room itself is a nice size and we happened to get a room with a nice view of Taichung park and the clay tennis courts. You can walk to a few local restaurants and shops to peruse but otherwise there isn't too much around the area. Taichung park is pretty and should be visited since it's right across the street. The breakfast is ok but they do offer eggs, ham, and hash browns, or a hard-boiled egg and dumplings, or sparerib noodles for breakfast. Not bad but it's not anything to write home about. Unfortunately I found a dead fly in the shredded carrot bowl. I believe that this hotel is relatively good for Taichung. There are no real complaints about the hotel other than it's just an average hotel. It is clean and newer which makes it nicer than other holiday inns. BTW, I don't normally stay in Holiday Inns in the US so I'm not accustomed to their standards.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple