I travelled to the hotel in June with my family (2 adults, 2 young children). During our 3-night stay, an offshore typhoon caused the weather to turn gray and windy. We noticed that half or three-fourths of the guests left. The hotel did not inform guests of the hotel's plans for the duration of the bad weather. I am from a place that commonly experiences hurricanes, and therefore I expected that the hotel would let all guests know what precautions were being taken (e.g., flashlights, generator), would reassure us that we would be safe and staff would be available at all times, that guests could leave if they wished without penalty, that additional indoor activities would be made available, and that discounts would be given to the spa and children's activities. None of this was done. When we noticed that nearly everyone had left, we asked the hotel if the hotel would be kind enough to give us a complimentary upgrade to a larger room, given that so many rooms were available and we could not go outside. Instead of easily making a customer happy by moving us to one of many empty rooms, the hotel said no -- strange. The hotel has a lovely setting, though some of the interior (such as our room) looks quite worn for the price. If I returned, I would go elsewhere and hope for better customer service. (During a month of traveling, this is the only place that disappointed us.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive 5-star resort set right on the most beautiful beach in Taiwan. Our ocean-view rooms have unspoilt 180 degree ocean views. Ground floor rooms and suites have private outdoor patios that lead right on to the beach. Outdoor heated spa massage pool, fitness center looking out over the ocean, beachside evening BBQ and live music, beach bar, 3 restaurants, tours to local attractions, beach hammocks and recliners, beautiful gardens and surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beach Hotel Pingtung
- Chateau Beach Resort Taiwan/Pingtung County