“Haunted Hotel???”

Hotel King's Town Kaohsiung
Ranked #68 of 325 Hotels in Kaohsiung
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Hotel rooms and design were very old. Their rooms were very spacious thou, but had some WorldWar 2 feel... which we do not know how to describe.

Will definitely not go back again. We did not have a good night sleep and luckily was there for only one night.

Breakfast was pretty decent.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank xxMarriexx

Reviewed February 7, 2010

The room had mosquitoes and I got bitten in two places and hearing them singing next to my ears. That happened at 3am and I ended up requesting a room change at 4am. It completely ruined my rest and weekend vacation. After I complained and insisted without any compromise, I got half payment back. The manager at beginning just wanted to get rid of the case by half of that compensation which I didn't accept. Usually high bathroom entrance curb, be sure not to get stumbled every time getting in/out of the bathroom. The highest tub I've ever climbed as well, again, be sure move carefully and not to fall into the tub.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank mw1688
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed September 7, 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
3  Thank An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Electric tea pot did not work, air conditioning thermostat not available. The comforter was quite heavy, and the room was somewhat warm, so I just could not use the comforter without perspiring. The included breakfast, at best, was mediocre. Located right across the railroad station was a plus, but if I am to return, I'd opt for a better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viking9
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Very clean. Friendly & attentive staff. Great buffet breakfast. Good quality bed linen and a comfortable mattress. Good TV with BBC and CNN. Free internet connection, NOT wireless though. Centrally located across from the railway station, but it is still a very quiet hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Travellin_Steve
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel King’s Town 2 weeks ago for a total of 3 nights. I found the overall experience great with no problems at all. The receptionist’s and porters where more than willing to help me with street directions, hotel computer internet questions. Once I figured out how to walk across to the hotel from the railway station I was impressed at its ease of location. I had a room facing the railway station and was not bothered by noise at all. I went away for a side trip after 2 nights at the hotel and spent the final night there in the same room which was very clean and tidy for my entire stay. I had breakfast all 3 days and the range of food (Western) and Asian was good. I had a daily newspaper under my door to read each morning at breakfast too.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wquick
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Stayed in a family room for 2 nights. The room that we stayed in was really big which come with a double bed and one single bed. Toilet was big and we got more than enough supply of towels and toiletteries (we got 2 trays!!).

The room was very oriental style. The toilet function well except that the shower head is fixed to the wall and it can be a bit difficult if you would to bathe a child. There was no safe in my room.

The hotel is situated right in front of the Kaohsiung train station and there is a bakery just 2 doors away. The hotel breakfast was good though it cater more to the Asians. There is also free internet access for 15 minutes at the lobbly. Staff were polite and helpful. Would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SCTan