“Great Value - close to night market”

La Hotel - Liuhe Night Market Nanhua
Ranked #36 of 325 Hotels in Kaohsiung
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Everything just worked. It takes 5 minutes to walk to the local night market and downtown Kaohsuing. Instead of charging for everything, there were lots of free amenities - coffee, tea, ice cream, breakfast and evening snacks, and even bicycles. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hargau

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights, it was a very pleasurable stay.

I arrived here from Kenting on a Typhoon approaching day, it was a tiring journey. I was running to get out of Kenting, it was raining so heavily. The staff could probably feel see my fatigued face.

Checking in was immediate, there were also wet tissues and regular tissues at the Reception. I was also told that Hotel's cafe provides complimentary tea-time snacks.

The room was pretty spacious. The amenities was No. 1 , they already have a universal port at the dressing table. A cosmetic mirror with lighting adjustable, putting on make up has been taken onto the next level! Comb, manicure set, toothbrush, floss, cotton buds, condition bath foam(they even have mens' and womens') was all provided for. Bathroom was also fitted with spa shower. The channels that the TV had was almost too international. Free WiFi had great speed and stability.

The cleanliness for this hotel is commendable, even their shelves are spotless underneath and on top.

In their common area, computers are provided for our use. You may even choose Windows or Mac. They also provide complimentary self-serve laundry facilities.

Location was very convenient, nearest Formosa Boulevard MRT station is less than 5 mins walk away. And the nearest station itself is an interchange station. Whichever direction you'll be going will still be very convenient. Just slightly further is the Raohe Night Market. There is also a large 7-11 at the start of the road, which is 10M away.

The hotel also provides free rental of bicycle and umbrella. There are alot of traveling information at the Reception too.

The only thing about the hotel is the security of the room's door, there is no lock at the back of the knob. Their locking mechanism is on automatic basis. There is also no manual lock unlike most hotels. Perhaps that is why they had 2 doors for each room.

Nevertheless, it was great place to stay. I feel well taken care of with Kindness.

I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive room, room price is very similar to Standard. But more space!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hhtebaz
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A nice business hotel that is near the biggest night market of kaoshiung. The stay is comfortable and enjoyable. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean. It's really worth the money to be staying here. They also provide free bicycle rental, ice-cream, coffee, DIY laundry, PC internet which is good for travelers. Overall, it is a enjoyable 2nights stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lin En T
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly and tried hard to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable.
Breakfast is provided and is nice and sufficient They also provide complimentary juice and light snacks all day.
At the business center you can use pc, fax and printer for free. Free WiFi.
They also provide free self service laundry including detergent and softener and dryer.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Nixx555
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Nanhua Kindness Hotel came across as a hotel that provides amiable service when I visit their website. They have seasonal promotion at times if you book through their partners' website.

We were greeted warmly when we reach Kindness Hotel. Check-in process was fast and they provide free ice-cream (Cone/Cup) throughout the day.

Location is fantastic! 5 minutes away from Formosan Boulevard MRT station and 7 minutes away from Kaoshiung Main Station. No worries about getting hungry at night because Kindness Hotel is 2 minutes away from Liuhe Night Market.

Their room is simply spacious, clean and luxurious; We had booked Superior Room. Amenities such as shower foam, shampoo, conditioner, coffee and tea are provided. Kindness Hotel even has separate toiletries for men and women. There is a choice of either spa shower (Massage jets) or bathtub for their rooms. It is surprising to find that there is a multifunctional socket in the room where most plug with varying pin type can fit. Remember to leave the green tag on the bed if you do not require a change of bedsheet as Kindness Hotel is promoting eco-friendliness.

Breakfast is good for the price that we are paying for the hotel stay. Among our 3 visits to Taiwan and 9 different hotels that we have stayed in, Kindness Hotel's breakfast variety is the best. Porridge, assorted accompanying dishes and condiments, fried noodles, scrambled eggs and meat, steamed buns, cereals and breads, coffee, tea, and fruit juices, their spread is better than what we had expected. Also worth mentioning is their dining staffs who are polite and fast, and have great service attitude.

There were mosquitoes in the room which had bitten us a few times during the night disturbing our sleep. Thus, we spoke to the hotel reception staff the next morning and the lady said she will help us look into the problem. I was quite skeptical as I didn't know what they can do about mosquitoes. Later, she told us that she can provide electric mosquito repellent when we are back after visiting the attractions. It was a nice touch as I did not expect that the hotel would provide such gadgets for their guests. The electric mosquito repellent helped much for the subsequent nights that we stayed in their hotel.

Kindness Hotel provides free rental of bicycles and umbrella. The hotel also offers free laundry service; washing machines are located at Level One and washing powder is provided. The laundry area is undergoing renovation when we visited; therefore we had no chance to utilize the service. The renovation should have been completed by March 2013. Check with the hotel regarding the completion of laundry area's renovation.

The only drawback is the email response is slow or no reply. It would be faster to call them instead of emailing.

Room Tip: Request for the electric mosquito repellent from the hotel front counter if you are bothered by mosq...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nightling
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Overall, good value and large rooms. But here are 3 issues I ran into for my trip there April 4-6, 2013:

1) The first room I checked into, 508, the toilet was completely clogged and was full of crap. Granted I checked in at 1pm (earlier than the posted time of 3:30pm). But please let me know if a room is not ready rather than check me in and then I find the toilet completely disgusting. I was promptly switched to room 308, but still, not cool and it understandably made bad first impression on me. I have never seen this happening before, even on my previous trips to India after rumors of such.

2) Hotel started calling me at 11:30am the day I was checking out, while I was in the shower. I told them that I was in the process of packing and asked for 30 extra minutes. Rather than a Noon check out, I wanted to be out by 12:20 or 12:30. Not an unreasonable ask, I thought. But the lady told me we had to be out by 12:15 at the latest or would incur extra charges. Then she called again at 12:05 while I was closing my door. Please relax the policy just a little bit, especially after 1) above.

Overall, I think the hotel is good value. I hope my experience was the exception, not the rule.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Clean and room consider spacious. Location is good very near to liu he night market and also near to meili hua mrt. Have a pleasant stay there and definitely will be back....

The breakfast provided is simple but good and tasty. They also have internet area with computers if you do not have any smart phones to enjoy their wifi service. They also have a laundry area if you are there for many days.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple