“Resort hotel with odd check-in policy”
Review of E-Da Royal Hotel

E-Da Royal Hotel
Ranked #38 of 319 Hotels in Kaohsiung
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Arrived late at night and it was quiet at check-in. I am a Priority club member and was asked to check-in in the member lounge. I said I prefer to check-in with my colleagues at the front desk and they refused. Huh? I reluctantly went to the member's lounge expecting superior and speedy service but this was not to be. She was slow and rather clueless, couldn't find my name in the booking etc. After what seemed like forever and way after my colleagues have retired to their rooms, I finally got my key

The room was surprisingly worn down for a 3 year old hotel. Luckily there was a shower and flat screen, but the room was not inspiring

The next morning during breakfast it was really crowded with families and tourists, and we were ushered to a quieter side restaurant. The food and range was not great. There was a guy dressed up as Captain America though serving croissants, which made me smile. He had spectacles and little muscles though

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CPEdaMarComTeam, Public Relations Manager at E-Da Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear bcheong
Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Kaohsiung E-DA World and taking valuable time to leave us a comment. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously and we believe your valuable feedback will indeed help us to improve. With regards to the inconvenience you experienced upon check in, please accept our sincerely apology. We value your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member and that is why our staff had brought you to our business lounge for courtesy check in. However, we overlooked the fact that you had colleagues with you at the same time and it was inconsiderate of us to act this way. Rest assured that we have brought up this matter to our Front Desk Team and proper training will be implemented to ensure all of guests experience speedy and hassle free check in. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can improve our service standards and qualities continuously.

Thank you again for your review. We hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience and show you our improvements.

There are newer reviews for E-Da Royal Hotel

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is my first time staying in a crowne plaza and it was quite a pleasant experience. The hotel and the rest of the E Da complex is located atop a hill about 40 mins from the Kaoshiung airport. This entire complex is brand new and enormous! It has an outlet mall, amusement park, ice skating rink, golf range... The list goes on. It's pretty much a self contained resort style complex which is great if you want to spend a few days with the family or hole up in a hotel.

The hotel itself is best described as a Macau style, Vegas-esque, hotel that's equal parts cheesy and class. In my opinion, there's way too many signs and I'm not a fan of LED lights. However, it does cater to a mostly Asian market and it does a great job of meeting the needs of being spacious, new, plentiful and bright.

My room was a good size, clean and comfortable but nothing stylish or chic. Overall, I'd say the hotel is great, if not the best, option if you plan to come to E Da for a day of shopping and amusement parking.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Came with baby and stroller. We're told to move our luggages on our own, the reason is shortage of manpower. I give this hotel lowest rating for any of the so called 4-5 stars hotel in the island which used to have good service. But this hotel doesn't offer necessary help to the guests. The shuttle service to the Eda shopping outlet and theme park are equally terrible, they squeezed about 30 people into a small bus which usually can only take 15 pax. And these are not the usual service I have experienced in the island.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Sapteo
CPEdaMarComTeam, Public Relations Manager at E-Da Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Sapteo

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Kaohsiung E-DA World and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay. While trying to investigate the incident you had mentioned which had left you feeling disappointed with our service, we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the annoyance and inconvenience it caused you. We have brought up this matter to the head of Concierge and rest assured proper training and sufficient manning has been implemented to ease off the heavy traffic during busy operation hours. With regards to the shuttle bus service, though called E-Da Bus, it is managed by a separate business entity which unfortunately our hotel does not have direct supervision over. Nevertheless, the level of services provided is by no means unacceptable. We have already addressed this issue with their top management and demand immediate improvement to avoid the same re-occurrence.
While we understand that your recent stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here as part of a group trip to Taiwan. Dinner in one of the restaurants was fine, room was fine, didn't really interact with any members of the staff.

They held our luggage for us the next day while we went to the amusement park and helped with the shuttle services around the resort.

Seemed like a decent place to base camp if you're visiting the big mall or park.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed at Crowne Plaza Kaohsiung E-da World on 30th June 2013 and to be honest it was really disappointing.

We went in a group of six and booked a total of 3 premier room. We reached crowne plaza at around 11am, and knowing that the rooms will not be ready yet, so we leave our luggage with the hotels and proceed to E-da outlet mall and E-da theme park. However, there was quite a decent amount of crowd at E-da world that we cant be bothered to queue for the rides, that we dragged our tired body back to the hotel at 2pm. Upon reaching the hotel, I went to check in and the reception lady told me that our 3 premier room will be ready by 3pm and told us to come back at 3pm to get our room card. And so, we went to slack in the game room (to be honest there's nothing much to play in the game room, most of us were dozing off on the sofa).
SO at 3pm, we went back to the lobby and queue up to get our room card. I waited for like 20mins before it was my turn, and the reception lady told me that only one of our rooms is ready, and ask us to come back at 4pm to get the remaining two room card. I'm a reasonable person and I know that they're really busy so I waited patiently till 4pm, and queued for another 30mins(the queue is moving like snail) until it was my turn, and guess what, they told me that only one room is ready and ask me to come back at 5pm to get our last room card.
wow seriously what kind of service is this? from 3pm to 4pm, from 4pm to 5pm? the service is really really really very bad.
As for the room, there's only one word to describe it, bad.
Overall, disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank creamer93
CPEdaMarComTeam, Public Relations Manager at E-Da Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear creamer93:

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Kaohsiung E-DA World and taking valuable time to leave us a detailed review. At the same time, we are sorry to hear about your unhappy experience upon check in. After our internal investigation, we found out on that day we encountered many last minute unexpected checkouts which had great impact on the guests checking in. With regards to the service of our staff, we have taken this matter with the concerned department and appropriate training has been implemented to improve their service attitude as well as skills.
We take very seriously the confidence our guests place in us and we work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope we have another chance to show you our improvements should your journey brings you to Kaohsiung again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was horrible. We checked into a room that smelled of piss (urine). I asked for the floor to be cleaned. The towel which they used to clean the floor area at the entrance of the room was black after the cleaning! I couldn't stand the smell of the room and asked for a room change, and sure enough the new room didn't smell. The toilet still smelled a bit like public toilets (in China!) though.
The general floor area was very dirty. You could easily pick up lumps of dust and hair - this is the life lobby.
The carpet looked extremely dirty. You need to keep in mind this hotel has been open for three years only.
Lastly, bedbugs! Both my son and I who slept on the same bed had tiny bug bites on my bodies.
The hotel is not expensive, but it is just so horrible to stay at a dirty hotel.
The pools were good though. My boys liked it.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank SYFAN
CPEdaMarComTeam, Public Relations Manager at E-Da Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear SYFAN:

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Kahosung E-DA World and taking valuable time to write us a review. First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please rest assured that we have communicated the unpleasant experiences with the head of Housekeeping Department for immediate and corrective actions. We would appreciate if you could grant us a second chance where we can show you our improvements It is always important for us to receive constructive feedback in order to take the appropriate action and for us to improve ourselves. Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the crowns plaza because everyone (ranging from age 20 months to 66 years old) has a good time. The rooms were spacious and bathroom was clean and modern, but the carpet is either dirty or old. I made sure everyone kept their slippers on.

The hotel is great for kids. We used the kids club, which is a little playroom for little kids and both the indoor and outdoor pools.

We ate lunch in the Cantonese restaurant, breakfast in the Japanese restaurant and another lunch in the Italian restaurant. All three were very expensive and not really worth the high prices. I would eat at the mall, which had a very comprehensive food court.

I would probably stay at the crowne plaza again if I were to visit e-da again because it was a fun trip for us all.

• Stayed: July 2013