“Gotta Love Tex-Mex”
Review of Dos Tacos

Dos Tacos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mexican food in Hualien downtown, chill place, chill music, owned by a foreigner who loves Hualien and lives here. We have steak fajitas, Chicken fajitas,burritos, nachos, hard tacos, soft tacos, quesadillas, draft beer and cocktails,fried ice cream !! Free wifi. Enjoy your trip in Hualien, enjoy Mexican food in Dos Tacos! Welcome! Monday lunch and dinner closed. Lunch last order is 1:30 pm, dinner last order is 8:45pm .We appreciate customers make reservations. Or please check facebook Dos Tacos fan page. Thank you.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I grew up all throughout the desert southwest of the United States. Everywhere you go it's Tex-Mex (Texas/Mexican) or some would say Cal-Mex (California/Mexican). Mexican food is my favorite kind of cuisine. With that being said, I would highly recommend eating at Dos Tacos. The food rocks. I've eaten there many times and I've never been disappointed.

They've done an excellent job with the atmosphere and the people there are super friendly.

By the way, I suggest the Quesadillas.

¡Buen apetito!

3  Thank JoeGarrity

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Dos Tacos is a lovely little place to go have a drink and (for me) nachos!
I am so happy that Hualien has this Tex-Mex restaurant...it can really hit the spot!

4  Thank salajoyster
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've eaten my share of good mexican food and didn't think this place came close, but to be fair, my wife thought it was quite good. Cheese on appetizer nachos was not melted and the salsa, guac and sour cream that came with it was enough to last about 8 chips. Felt like it was rationed. I had the soft taco (asked for spicy) and thought it more like a burrito and not spicy, not even medium spice. The Mrs. did like her taco salad and the young 'uns seemed to enjoy their food. Service was attentive but each main came to our table 5 minutes apart (there were four of us) which was most annoying. I suppose it's good mexican for Taiwan, but if you've had the real stuff you might be disappointed.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stopped in last week to see what all the hype was about, but left feeling a little disappointed. My boyfriend, who is of mixed Mexican descent, and I are big fans of Mexican food so maybe our expectations were too high. We had the nachos and the tacos. The tacos were served with corn chips, rice and refried beans. The rice was just ok but the beans were dry and hard, making them impossible to eat with the corn chips. The tiny dish of salsa was gone after three chips. The nachos were served with three incredibly small dishes of salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. The nachos themselves were pretty good, but the salsa, guacamole and sour cream were not nearly enough for the full plate of nachos. The texture of the guacamole made it pretty obvious that is was processed and probably came out of a bag or can. The salsa was also store bought and the amount was again insufficient. The fresh salsa they put on the tacos was actually quite good. I wonder why they don't serve the fresh salsa with the nachos. The atmosphere was nice and we loved the music, just wish the food could have been netter.

1  Thank NatalieB0282
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I don't usually wax enthusiastic over such restaurants but Dos Tacos os certainly the best Mexican restaurant I have experienced in Asia. Functional decor, friendly service and quality music wrapped in a short menu all add point to typical tourist experience, however, when the plates hit the table be prepared for a surprise … a very pleasant surprise. Talking it up too much may spoil the experience for others, so suffice to say "give it a try" and thank me later :-)

4  Thank Ardeecee