My last minute trip to Hualien rounded off with absolutely memorable moments; i must say it was one of the highlights of my trip to Taiwan.
Why you shd definitely choose this place:
- Owner Ah Cheng is ever helpful and friendly, it is not difficult to feel like a friend almost instantly. He has been in Hualien for sometime and knows the best places to eat, chill over tea, and his recommendations are spot-on.
- Ah Cheng's friend, Ah Hong, is just like him. Now, u have two friends in Hualien! They are both as trustworthy and humble, as they are friendly. Ah Hong brought us on a night tour to see fireflies, and a day tour to Taroko Gorge. He also introduced us to the best snack in Hualien, and perhaps Taiwan too - the fried egg pancake. It was absolutely delish that I am missing it back home.
- The room is really clean, comfortable, and decked out very well. I didnt manage to stay in the Gazing stars or Starbucks room, but was equally happy with the Victoria room, with a cosy corner and a private veranda. We had our breakfasts at the veranda, and it is simply haven with birds chirping and butterflies fluttering.
- The breakfast, as raved about by many, is indeed healthy and super yummy, and what's more, it's homemade and fresh; ah cheng's mum goes to the market every morning for the freshest fruits and ingredients to make your breakfast. U need this after eating so much junk food from Taiwan's night markets!
- Transport is not difficult. You can always choose a home stay near the city centre but this is unique as it is near the hills. Ah Cheng arranges for your transport to the train station, and if you want to get to the city centre, just ask Ah Cheng to arrange a cab for you and his contacts give you a special cab rate which is easily affordable. If you are game enough, go grab one of Ah Cheng's bike and wander : )
- Besides the nature in Hualien, the city centre is pretty small and you can finish walking in one afternoon. You would definitely appreciate a good bed and place to chill after a long day visiting the sights in Hualien, and with Echovilla, you can stay in the room all day too.
And BEST news - if you are finding it really hard to book this home stay, Ah Cheng and Ah Hong are in the midst of launching their new home stay later this year, which is nearer the city/sea. I would imagine they would also want to make it as fantabulous as EchoVilla, so it's definitely another choice to look out for when you are going to Hualien.
A Singaporean Traveller, created a Tripadvisor account to commend a great place : )
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Echo villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.