“Huge room and warm hospitality”
Review of Hualien 11

Hualien 11
Reviewed July 13, 2013

First for the pluses: the minsu hostess, Lisa and her son Little Boss (Xiao Lao Ban), are extremely approachable and hospitable hosts. Lisa replies to emails promptly and will assist you with any enquiries where necessary. Although she did not help us with the laundry personally, we could use her washing machine without any additional charges. The minsu is also located in the city centre, about 15-20min from Ziqiang Night Market, which has tons of good food without the long waiting times at other night markets e.g. Shihlin. Lisa also arranged a Taroko Gorge tour which was cheap and good (2200NT for 2). The driver, Leo, speaks good English and will address your requests readily. Last but not least, 1000NT for a big ensuite room per night is an absolute steal.

Downsides: there are no lifts in the minsu and you will have to carry the luggage up yourself (for us it was the 4th story). Lisa only provides transport to the train station and not the airport, so you would have to take a cab there. Fortunately, she can call a cab for you and it will pick you up when you are ready. There is also no breakfast provided, but there are good breakfast eateries around the corner.

All in all, the experience was great but perhaps not spectacular, but we are definitely not complaining for the great discounts we enjoy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the lower floors if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jiankai

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lisa Jie (Sister Lisa) came to pick my 2 cousins and myself up from a train station nearby. A friendly lady, she acted as our tour guide too, pointing and showing us where we should visit as she drove us to her place where we will be staying for the next 2 days. We stayed at this teddybear-themed room which was clean and comfortable. (my cousin even checked the aircon filter - it was clean!) Lisa Jie offered to wash our clothes and hung them dry for us. She offered us local fruits and chatted with us and gave guidances to make sure we enjoy our stay in Hualien. She really treated us well. Would definitely recommend her to whoever is visiting Hualien.

Room Tip: We had only 3 persons but had a 4 persons room. Lisa Jie gave us a special rate. Let her know if you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The lady boss, Lisa, is very friendly and helpful. She picked us up from Hualien railway station upon arrival and sent us to the station again when we checked out. She and her son would go the extra miles to help us whenever needed.

The room was the best decorated room during our trip to Taiwan. Our kids loved it!

It was a very nice and pleasant stay in this place. We recommend it for those families travelling with young kids.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tkokeng
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The lady boss, Lisa, is very nice and sincere and her minsu is clean, comfortable, spacious... we really couldn't bear to leave the place on our last day.
We rode a bike and lost our way and was really nervous but Lisa sent 小老板 to guide us back from the train station.
We were well taken care of.
This is one of our best stays in Taiwan.

Room Tip: VIP room is very very big with a very pretty table, on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lazygirl1105
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hi Lisa, Xiao Laoban (Little Boss), and Lucky (the little Puppy)

I miss you so much!

Since I arrived at Hualien, you took care of me like a family member, Picked me up from Hualien Railway Station. Arranged me so lovely room, brought me so yummy food, played games with me, listened my complaint to the dark side of the world.

When I would like to travel further, you also helped me arranged the best chauffeur Mr. Jing Kexing arround the Hualien area.

All I would like to say is Greatly Appreciate for the kind treatment when I travel to Hualien.

I really could not eat any further, too much nice food in my stomach.

Will definately recommend too everyone, single traveller, couple, small group, or family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JarodZhu
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Lisa and Xiao Lao Ban (Little Boss) are great host and made us feel very much at home!!! Lisa picked us up personally at Hualien train station, which is located less than 10 mins from the hostel. We were always well fed and well taken care of. We even played card games with other guests. Lisa and Little Boss were happy to chat with us too :)

The location is great: just 3 mins walk from supermarket, fruit stalls, night market and eateries. The room was newly renovated (well furnished) and clean. Each room has different theme and is very spacious. The photos that Lisa uploaded on this site are really exactly what you will see. It was a pity that we didn't get to explore Hualien due to typhoon. It really touched us that Lisa kept in touch with us to be sure that we got home safely! I will definitely stay @ Hualien 11 when I visit Hualien again! Thx Lisa and Little Boss :D

Room Tip: You will be spoilt for choice because every room is simply wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RYWsg
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Recently stayed in this minsu for 2 nights. Big and beautiful decorated room. Paid TWD400 x 4 per night which is very reasonable.

This minsu is about 10 minutes walk from Hualien Station Rear exit. You can request the owner, Lisa, to fetch you from the station. We had great fun playing with her intelligent dog named Lucky.

She can also arrange the Taroko Gorge tour. I paid TWD800 per person for it. This tour will take you a whole day with a personalised driver/guide and 8-seater van.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family