“World Class Hotel”

Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu
Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Hsinchu
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Having stayed in many properties around Taiwan and in Asia, I found this hotel to be world class. It was one of the nicest properties I have stayed in, and I found it to be superb in every aspect. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very clean, and the food was excellent. This property is very secure and has a high level of western comfort. The hotel is part of an upscale shopping area, and located 12 floors above the shopping area. Truly worthy of a stay. The pricing was competive for a secure hotel of this type. It would rival many of the nicest hotels in America in terms of having what you would expect and need in a stay. It was truly a Grade A level hotel. This hotel is not an average staying experience. Lots of glass and class. I also found the staff to be very accomodating, and felt special staying here.

Room Tip: The rooms and elevators all take key access, and you will come up to the lobby from ground floor. I...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
EscotYu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu and taking time to share the experience of your stay with us.

We are delight to know that you enjoyed our service, guest room, food and the location. Your high remarks will definitely motivate our team to perform even better. Please rest assured that we will share with our team.

Thank you again for your invaluable words and we look forward to welcome you soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

As I was traveling with my US colleagues, it's my 1st time staying there. For the most part, the front desk was doing all right and the room is clean which is the way supposed to be. One comment I would like to add is the breakfast restaurant staff who were not on par for a excellent review.

During breakfast time the restaurant is very busy and people are in and out so keeping the table clean and ample food supply is the high priority and it seemed to be the ONLY priority. However guest experience while getting their food is important and I was cut-in by staff a few times while browsing my breakfast choices. The kitchen staff was so focused on preparing the food but didn't bother to turn their head around so once a while the guests were standing there waiting for placing the orders.

Instead of asking everyone doing everything (which seems to be the approach here), having dedicated personnel and doing it well may enhance the guest experience greatly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
EscotYu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with The Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu and sharing your experience with us.

We are glad to learn that you had a good stay with us. In respect of the restaurant service, our Management team takes a serious view of the issue you have raised and immediate measures will be taken to improve the quality of our service.

Thanks again for staying with The Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu during your trip. We look forward to having your next visit soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My work colleagues booked me into the Ambassador Hotel so didnt know what to expect. It was an extremely pleasant surprise when I eventually arrived after over 15 hours of travelling, and even without my luggage (delayed in Hong Kong) they were very eager to help to get it to me. 3 hours later it arrived. Fantastic service, very tentative to my needs, super food, great entertainment in Le Bar Wednesday evening. I fully recommmend this hotel. also, try the Yummy Chinese Restaurant next door to the hotel - great food and super cheap...

Room Tip: Floor 23 was great - careful with the loo flushing mechanism, if you dont put the handle back to its...

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with The Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu and taking time to share your valuable experience here.

Your positive feedbacks on our service and food will certainly motivate our team to perform even better. We specially appreciate your high remarks on Bell service, Le Bar and recommendations of the hotel. Also, thanks for reminding us about the flushing problem and please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for choosing The Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu and reviewing your stay with those kind words. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed as part of my Business trip to Hsinchu at Ambassador for 2N/3D. Overall the Stay was excellent, pleasant and neat. The Check-in was smooth without any hassles. Very neat rooms with a good view towards the City. The mini-bar items are complimentary and decent Happy-hours too.
Breakfast spread was really big, but very little options for Vegetarians like me. Had to be content with the same few items. The Reception is actually in the 12th floor but people greet you right at the entrance on the ground floor and guide you appropriately.
The place is very close to some of the shopping areas. The service at the Restaurant, at the front-desk at the ground floor and the Room service were all very good. A nice place to stay and even can work out good for families too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
EscotYu, 總經理 at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Ambassador Guest,
Your positive feedback on our service and guest room will definitely motivate our team to perform even better. Please rest assured that we will share with our team. Regarding the limited vegetarian food option, our Management takes serious view of the issues you have raised. In the meanwhile, our Promenade Buffet Restaurant offers tailor-made vegetarian set for Vegetarians.
Thank you again for your invaluable words to assist us better identifying with customs’ expectation and we look forward to welcome you soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel since 2008. And every time, I have been impressed by the excellent friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, and the extraordinary cleanliness of the spacious rooms and bathrooms. In fact, the rooms here might be the cleanest of any hotel I have ever stayed in (even in comparison to numerous 5 star properties I have stayed in all over the world). Very good room air controls; much appreciated when returning to the room after a long day in the hot, humid weather of Taiwan! Very nice daily breakfast buffet (though it could use a bit more variety). Very nice swimming pool and fitness center, with spa (heated jet pool, sauna, steam room. Plus lots of little touches --- fruit plate waiting in the room after you check in, and free bottled water. This is one of my favorite hotels to stay in, anywhere. Definitely recommend for any stay in Hsinchu.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ambassador Guest,
Many thanks for your valuable comments, and for choosing Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu .
Your positive feedback on our service and hardware will definitely motivate our team to perform even better. Please rest assured that we will share your inspiring words with our colleagues, especially our Housekeeping team. Great to learn you enjoy our well-equipped swimming pool and fitness center with spa, our fitness center operates 24 hours to meet every single traveler’s schedule and needs.
Once again, thank you for taking your time to provide your invaluable feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Greatly enjoyed a few nights at the Ambassador in Hsinchu, Taiwan. Got an upgraded King, very large room. Clean and modern room, good air controls and complimentary water bottles. Used the gym which was reasonable size and equipment, but didn't try the pool though it looked good. Buffet breakfast had enough for all travelers. Didn't try any other food venue or time. Best of all was everyone was so gracious and helpful. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ambassador Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your valuable experience.
We are very grateful to learn you enjoy our hardware and services. Our well-equipped Fitness center opens 24 hours and always welcome by international travelers. Please rest assured we will share your warm notes with our team as it will definitely motivate us to perform even better.
Thank you once again for your review and it was such a great pleasure to have you with us. We look forward to welcoming you in the nearest future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at the Ambassador Hsinchu in March/April for business. By far this is the best hotel and one hotel that cares for each customer. The stay was pleasant and the rooms are up-to-date and clean (turn down service daily) comfortable. Nice touches like fresh fruit daily and complimentary water bottles. Maid Service is excellent.
The service was superb, everyone made a point to say hello and greet you after a few days a number of employees knew me by name and routine.
A few times I visited the bar for a quick bite to eat or a drink after work, and found it comfortable and enjoyable. While the buffet was nice and had a great selection it was not my preference to eat there daily. All in all The Ambassador is an excellent hotel and I most definitely will make that my choice of hotel when I go back. Perfect!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank robo44
EscotYu, 總經理 at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Ambassador Guest,

Many thanks for your valuable comments, and for choosing Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu for your Business Trip.

Your positive feedback on our service will definitely motivate our team to perform even better. Please rest assured that we will share your inspiring words with our team.

We are delighted to learn that you are happy with our Sleeping Room’s service and arrangement, Restaurant’s product and ambience. We very much appreciate customer feedback such as yours, as they form an integral part of our continuous improvement efforts.
Once again we would like to send our gratitude to you and we look forward to welcome you in Ambassador Hsinchu soon.