“Royal Hsinchu-very convenient”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Hsinchu
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Royal Hsinchu-very convenient”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been traveling from the US to Hsinchu for almost 15 years and I've stayed more than 200 nights in Hsinchu. As part of these many trips, I've stayed in all the western hotels in Hsinchu. Overall they are all quite good but I can say that the Royal has the best combination of location, service and customer attention. While it seems the Royal may be smaller than some of the other hotels, this lends itself to personalized service and I am greeted by my first name throughout the hotel. The food in all the restaurants is excellent where my favorite is the 2nd floor buffet restaurant called Le Cafe. The health club has a swimming pool, two jacuzzi spa's and excellent salon. The location is great as it is very close to the Science Park and it is walking distance to the new rail station that will take you the the HSR or to downtown Hsinchu and points beyond. When I travel for important business I seek convenience and great service. The Royal optimizes the combination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I worked for a company based in the Science Park for many years, and commuted between its San Jose office and HsinChu almost every other week - all told, I've spent more than 500 days at the Royal. The service is outstanding, as is the location. The Sheraton (in JuBei) and Ambassador (in downtown HsinChu) are ok, but on a rainy morning it can take an hour to get from them to the Science Park. Not so the Royal - you can walk to most of the Science Park in 15 minutes, and cabs take just a few minutes to get you to work.

The Chinese restaurant at the Royal is outstanding. My company regularly hosted business dinners there for visiting Chinese executives, and they all loved the food. They serve a Western style buffet breakfast that is great and offers a wide selection.

If you are looking for a HsinChu hotel with great service and is close to work, the Royal is your best bet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ScottHS
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed @ this hotel from 3/29/13 to 4/5/13 on a business trip.

Service: BEST hotel service from all my years of travel

-I have never been to hotel where staffs greeted me by name every morning.
-When I asked for direction to Ding Tai Fung in Taipei, the staffs there gave me maps and marked all the locations of that restaurant. They recommended the busiest/largest of the Ding Tai Fung chain (large restaurant --> more space, less wait time, perhaps). They even included the restaurant phone number on the map so I could call in case I get lost and gave me direction on how to take the High Speed Rail (and gave me time table), and which MTR to transfer.
-The staffs there also marked all the popular sight seeing locations on the maps. To top that off, they offered me a bag to hold all the maps and a bottle of water.
-When I showed them the list of Taiwan cultural food on my phone, they translated those to Chinese for me so I could easily ask others Taiwanese people.
-I have never pampered with such personalize service elsewhere.

Just to show the contrasting experience, I stayed @ Hotel Kuva Chateau in Zhongli from 4/5/13 to 4/6/13. The staffs there were polite, but I was just another hotel guest. Nobody addressed me by name or even ask how my day went.

Cleanliness:
-The room has been spotlessly cleaned and neatly arranged every morning.

-Free and fast wifi service throughout the hotel.
-Large selection of breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel provides a higher level standard. Basically it's a business hotel, very close to the famous Science Park, but also for leisure it provides a relaxing environment. Of course the sleeping conditions are perfect and the internet connections are reliable and fast. There are several restaurants (Chinese, Japanese and Western) offering fantastic selections. The breakfast is great and you will enjoy the coffee. Above all, it's the staff who changes the business set-up into a family set-up. It's like they want to give the business traveler a family far from home.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and good. It makes no difference which room exactly
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert J
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 21, 2012

When I received Christmas greeting email from Hotel Royal Hsinchu, it reminded me to write a review for Hotel Royal Hsinchu. I just checked out from Royal yesterday and already in USA.
I had been staying at Hotel Royal Hsinchu 356 nights since year 2002. My home is at USA but Royal is always sweet home away from home. Now, all of Hotel staff know my name and treat me like family member.
Hotel Royal Hsinchu is next door to Science Park and only took me 10 mins walk to Science Park. In addition, hotel had renovated guestroom and Food and Beverage outlet and look very fresh now.
If you are a business traveler from Silicon Valley, I strongly suggest Hotel Royal Hsinchu as your preferred hotel because you can always meet someone you know from Silicon Valley at hotel corner.
I always look forward to my stays at the Hotel Royal Hsinchu. The services, staff, food and accommodations are truly my family and sweet home.
Merry Christmas to Royal Hsinchu Staff !

Room Tip: I always stay at Royal Suite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Ter H
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I Have Stayed several time at the Royal Hsinchu, I travel extensively for my work and have stayed in several Hotels through out my 19 yrs in the Semi conductor Industry, and this is By faris one of the best hotels i have stayed in, from is excellent food to is extraordinary Staff, that go out of their way to make your Stay wonderful, I always look forward to the Royal Hsinchu when I am in Taiwan there is no other place better,

Room Tip: there is not one bad room in the hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gregoryh828
Fishkill, New York, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2012

When I received birthday greeting email from Hotel Royal Hsinchu, it reminded me to write a review for Hotel Royal Hsinchu.
I had been staying at Hotel Royal Hsinchu from Sept 20 to Nov 11 2008. During that period I worked at FSR with 30 of my associates and all of us were long staying guests of Hotel Royal Hsinchu. During our stays, Hotel Management invite us to have dinner party together and we always have fun together with hotel staff every Wednesday evening’s Happy Hours. Hotel Royal Hsinchu is next door to Science Park and it only took us 10 mins walk to Science Park.
I always look forward to my stays at the Hotel Royal Hsinchu. The services, staff, food and accommodations are truly world class! “

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business