Have just spent a weekend at the Royal Swazi Sun which was not quite as restful and peaceful as we might have hoped. Check in was fine and efficient but the place was really very busy (it was a bank holiday weekend in South Africa) and it seemed like lots of people from Johannesburg had decided to spend it at the Royal Swazi Sun. There were insufficient sun chairs around the pool and an incredible amount of children.It also seemed like staff were running about unable to cope.
Also the evening buffet meal was said to be full at 7.30pm even though there were empty tables on the terrace outside.The dinner buffet was very good at a cost of Rand 140 per person.
Our room was fine (if somewhat well used) and fortunately looked directly over the 9th hole on the golf course which was much better (and quieter) than those overlooking the pool.
Breakfast buffet was very good and although it was actually included in my room price I found that it had been charged to my room and added to my bill for both mornings despite questioning this on both mornings.
We played golf on the Sunday and the starting arrangements were very busy and extremely disorganised with the guy in the pro shop accusing us of missing our start time when in fact we were 15 minutes early and we had specifically checked the tee time the day before!! The course was spectacular and quite difficult with great views of the mountains and valley.It is the only 18 hole course in Swaziland and used for some big tournaments
Outside the hotel are lots of very well kept craft stalls with goods at very reasonable prices and run by very polite , friendly people.
Overall the Royal Swazi Sun was ok and I'm sure would have been better on a less busy weekend .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the fascinating Kingdom of Swaziland is a lush and verdant valley named 'Heaven' by the noble Swazis. In this valley lies a sensational casino resort comprising of two hotels. Each touched by the magic of Africa, none more so than the 4-star Royal Swazi Spa Hotel. There is nowhere better to enjoy peace & tranquility than at this jewel in the African crown, whether it be on the golf course, relaxing at the poolside, enjoying a scenic horse ride, inducing adrenalin on a quad bike, being pampered in the health spa or doing business at a convention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Swazi Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Swazi Hotel Ezulwini
- Royal Swazi Spa Swaziland/Ezulwini