“Diner”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Diner”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

One of the nicest places for diner. The staff were super friendly and extremely efficient, a fantastic and cosy bar as well as having a private diner area for any private functions. All speak English very well and this must be one of the restaurants to visit if you ever in Swaziland as the food is delicious, well presented and affordable.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Durban, South Africa
“Service needs improvement”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our third visit to swaziland and this restaurant was recommended to us. the restaurant had a massive revamp and looks stunning. Service was pretty slow. the waiter only served the complimentary rolls after we placed our main course order, even though we had ordered wine ( we delayed the order because he said it takes 15 mins). The steaks were done just the way be liked it but the dauphine potatoes were dissappointing(nothing like I know they ouhgt eto hav been) and veg portions in total could have filled 2 tablespoons. Oh the waiter got the size of steak portions wrong. Im sure the restaurant aspires to higher stds but clearly there are things that need improvement, like service and side dishes. Otherwise the restaurant is just overrated!!!!!

Visited July 2014
STANGER,KWAZULU NATAL
“outside of royal swazi..a few kilometres away in fact”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

my family n I have been going to Swaziland..off n on ..since 1982..my eldest sons 21st birthday..its been our family Christmas destination since..the kids married..nothing stopped we still come back n calabash restaurant has been our second choice outside the atmosphere always full of familes and the meat dishes are fabulosity itself..i can swear by it as being intimate as well as jovial and you never know who you going to meet there..and we usually linger..no hurry no clearing around like they want you to leave..n I love that

• Visited August 2013
Pretoria, South Africa
“Below Average Buffet”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

There is nothing on this buffet that wow's. I have never had anything that tastes great or special. The Salad bar is sub standard and I would not spend my money to go there.

Visited April 2014
Mbabane, Swaziland
“Cuisine to wrote home about”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Although pricey, food at The Calabash is worth it. They have the best malva pudding I have ever encountered (and I've tasted quite a few). The service differs though, from excellent to below average on some occasions.

Visited February 2014