“Unmissable.”

Lidwala Backpacker Lodge
Chesham, England, United Kingdom
“Unmissable.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lidwala Lodge is a wonderful place, a relaxed backpacker's haven straddling Sheba's Breast Mountain, the lodge itself has some beautiful gardens and is the definition of 'nice place to be'. The staff are wonderful people and are always willing to help / answer any questions. I spent two months staying at Lidwala whilst volunteering and I will honestly treasure those memories. I could waffle on for pages, but in short, it's unmissable if you're passing through/ worth detouring for. Stay there! It's Paradise!

Room Tip: No.1 Has an en-suite shower/toilet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Philippe B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I think it's one of the best accomodation in Swaziland! I've been here 4 times and everytime here is cozy and nice atmosphere! Here we met a lot of interesting people from other European contries who is living in hostel and working as a volunteer. many thanks to staff who helped us a lot of time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Petr_cheaptrip
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We camped at the lodge so I don't know what the state of the rooms are like.

The view was absolutely amazing, we went backpacking for a volunteering trip and as soon as we arrived we were greeted with friendly staff who showed us the area we stayed.

The camp site is literally right next to the kitchen/relaxation/pool section which was handy, the toilets were pretty clean, the kitchen was decent, I can't find anything to complain about.

At night they put a big fire on in the middle and it was one of the most relaxing few nights we have had, there is a shop about a 20/30 minute walk down the road but they do have some stuff on site.

Would definitely recommend, beautiful site, so relaxing.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Evievv
Perth
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at Lidwala for a month while I was volunteering with All Out Africa. It is by far the best backpackers I have stumbled across - the staff became my family away from home, the atmosphere was fantastic, dorm rooms and bathrooms were cleaned on a regular basis and the pool was great. Leaving Lidwala was one of the hardest days of my trip! The lodge is centrally located in Ezulwini Valley and is close to a supermarket, cinema, pub, restaurant, craft market and cultural village (all of which can be reached via cheap public transport). I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Grace J
St.Gallen, Schweiz
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lidwala consists of dorms, private rooms and safari tents. The dorms are quite basic, but clean and cozy. The terrace and the pool area are great to relax and meet up other volunteers and backpackers. The lodge is surrounded by a beautiful landscape and there is a hiking trail starting from there. The Gables shopping centre, a craft market, the Mantenga cultural village and a waterfall are also close by and easily reachable by public transport. The very friendly and helpful staff made my stay at Lidwala perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank 123Katja88
Maputo, Mozambique
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed at Lidwala a couple of times during the last year. I think Swaziland is a super beautiful place with a wonderful nature, so the only right thing is to stay somewhere where you're close to the nature - thats Lidwala. A cozy, homey backpacking place where you feel super welcome, prices are very affordable and fair, and the tents and rooms have the basic - I like it! Sleeping in a tent, listening to the insects outside, smelling the rain.. I mean, does it get better than that? Lidwala is also located in a good distance from House on Fire, Gone Rural, Swazi Candles, village tours, public transportation, restaurants etc. I guess the best way for me to review the place is to ask myself the question "would I ever cme back?" and I can only say: YES!

Room Tip: I love the tents, they are super cozy!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Helena K
Ucluelet, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Setting and staff were excellent, I really enjoyed the people this place attracted. Had an amazing time and really felt I was among friends. The "All out Africa" crew was also very helpful and was a highlight of my African Adventure thanks

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WildLouis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ezulwini
Mantenga Lodge
#2 of 3 in Mbabane
Sondzela Backpackers
Sondzela Backpackers
#2 of 2 in Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary

Been to Lidwala Backpacker Lodge? Share your experiences!