All reviews prince suite single room close to the airport long flight nice pool sri lanka enjoyable stay huge bathroom beautiful room last night tuk tuk stayed for one night on arrival boutique hotel short stay rooms are clean hot water
Reviewed May 5, 2017

The Lepsri Grand has a very nice outdoor area and the staff is super friendly. The rooms vary massively depending on the price you pay.
The suite had a leaky pipe making a pool on the floor and no shampoo or soap. Also it did not have a mosquito net.
The double room was fantastic, spacious and with a cool glass shower (and a mosquito net).
The single room was....below expectations. It was quite cheap but below my standards for sure.

Room tip: Get the standard double room, the suite is not that good
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Work F
Reviewed April 30, 2017

I selected this hotel for its reasonable price and location near the airport as I only needed a place to sleep for the night. I was astounded by its beautiful grounds and gentle ambience. The room was small and clean but the bed was comfortable so I got the sleep I required.
What really impressed me though was the service. After being greeted with a friendly smile, I was immediately served a glass of fresh juice, much appreciated after a long day on the road, and made comfortable for my short stay. However, the service at the end of my stay and afterwards is what really impressed me. I inadvertently dropped a small gemstone onto the lawn while having my morning tea. The staff and I searched for it until my car came and I had given it up for lost. The next day I received a message that the stone had been found. How incredible that the staff would search so diligently until they could return the gem to me.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good night's sleep in a tranquil setting, hosted by sincere, honest and service oriented staff.

Room tip: The single room is small, for one person only.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Connie E
Priyanthi S, Owner at Lespri Grand, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so glad that you loved our property and the service. We together with our staff wish you all the Best.

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

To be honest we weren't expecting much as we booked it because of the proximity to the airport and relatively cheap, rather than any other reason.

What a surprise we had! Fantastic rooms with walk in shower and a 4 poster bed.

Free airport transfer was a nice touch too.

We didn't use the pool but the garden it sits within is lkvely.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank tomdalefan1
Priyanthi S, Owner at Lespri Grand, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Thank you very much. I am so glad that you liked the place and the service.

Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

We are spending the night here as we have a very early flight in the morning and we wanted to avoid the nightmare drive through the traffic at the crack of dawn.
Definitely not a 4 or 5 star hotel but a very clean and contemporary 3 star establishment in a resort-like decor so actually a good find for our last and short night.
The menu is totally uninspiring and I would recommend you eat elsewhere before checking in. We had omelettes and fried noodles as it seemed like the less "risky" dishes . Totally edible but nothing to write home about.
Staff is smiley and friendly. Their English is good.
Wifi was far from brilliant but we finally got a connection.
Basically it's a no surprise hotel which is excellent if you want to comfortably spend the night near the airport.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank IsabelleP1158
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as it was close to the airport 15 mins when we went and included was a transfer. What a surprise when we arrived, a fantastic setting around the pool. Great staff who were so obliging and eager to assist. The room was fine nice and clean and had everything you need. The breakfast was good choice between a Sri Lankan or Western (try the Sri Lankan it was great). Recommend the King Crab restaurant which is a short tuk tuk ride away (ensure you take a business card as not all tuk tuk drivers are familiar with the hotel).

Date of stay: January 2017