1,612 results
All reviews swim up bar duty manager mad dogs sri lanka special thanks mini bar amazing hotel front office sea view public beach pool staff dinner buffet pool area is our honeymoon indian ocean last night main restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with the family, great location clean with good vibes however there are some points that I have to mention, insects and wasps are all over the reception food not very tasty we ordered room service for our 4 year old from the kids menu and the mini burger was spicy and generally the food was not tasty.
There is no entertainment for the kids except the pool so the hotel is not very family friendly.
The location and the area are nice. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Leila A, Manager at Heritance Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us which will further assist us in our continuous improvement.

It is truly a regret for our Heritance Negombo team to receive such reviews from our valued guests as we always endeavor to offer a stay that either meets or exceeds all expectations.

We have note the mentioned areas of concerns constructively and have shared the same with the management as well as the department heads advising to take action to ensure such complains are not repeated in the future.

We hope this would not deter you from visiting us again in the future as we look forward to offering you a more pleasant holiday getaway during your next stay.

Yours Sincerely, Ranjan Stanislaus, Executive Director/General Manager, Heritance Negombo.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have submitted over 400 TA reviews. For some that is not many for many however this is a significant number. I'm lucky and I travel a lot and therefore hope have a good perspective on the standards of hotels. Reading the last 3 TA headlines..."Amazing' Highly Recommend' 'Brand New Hotel'. makes me question my own sanity. For me it was not amazing, does not come with a recommendation and as for being a new hotel, that is an outright misrepresentation of the facts.
What no TA report has mentioned which I find staggering is the crows. This is not the hotel's fault, I'm sure they have done their best but I have to mention this fact. You will be surrounded by hundreds and I'm not exaggerating. For bird lovers this maybe heaven. But they ruin the peace and quiet with their constant cawing and looking for food. The tip therefore is to take some headphones to the pool if you want some respite from their noise. At times there might be 20-30 of them in the pool. Had my grand children been here they'd have had nightmares. In the morning and later as the sun sets, the air is filled with thousands of them . Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds doesn't even come close.
The pool is great but we found the staff at the pool pretty lazy and lacking in basic customer service attitude. We would have a drink in the morning but it was never cleared up and there was no encouragement to have another. They also kept on asking our room number! The pool loungers have been designed by someone that has a macabre sense of humour as they are incredibly uncomfortable. Whilst the property is sort of on the beach, you have to get a guard to open the gate for you and whilst I respect the security aspect this feels quite sad. The beach isn't a nice one, it has sharp sand, the water is not appealing, No one sits on the beach. The water was very turbulent when we were there and is totally inappropriate for children as it is far too dangerous.
There was a good fight on the beach between some locals that provided some respite from the crows one afternoon.
Room was fine and the air conditioning really good. View from balcony was great.
Breakfast was fine, many have said it was the best breakfast they've ever had. They need to travel more. Absolutely nothing to complain about but nothing to rave about either.
There is nothing to do in the evening. We used to go to the bar in the hotel but it was invariably empty. It tended to play very modern music perhaps it put people off?
There are restaurants opposite, we found the closest Italian to be fantastic and gave it 5 stars. There are other restaurants within walking distance but the paths are so uneven that really it is a twisted ankle waiting to happen. We stayed close to the hotel.
So contrary to all the other TA reports, this hotel which is certainly not new (the stairwells are dire dingy and depressing ) is average at best. I'm sure I'll have some manager write a response telling me that they appreciate I love the room and the air con and are going to have a meeting and make changes in the pool area. We'll see. It's the little things in hotels that score points for me. This hotel needs a shake up and even the clock in my room had the wrong time by 2 hours and the wrong day by 2 weeks. I'm on holiday so it doesn't really matter but it is an example of a standard that I believe is not acceptable for the price. Wake up management, you may not be able to sort out the crow issue but there's a lot you can do (spend some money on some cushions for the sun loungers) and do some staff training. What are the pool staff writing about? Please don't look forward to my return, it's not going to happen.

2  Thank keithY651

Dear Valued Guest,

Whilst we feel it is important to note that Heritance Negombo is a popular choice amongst our customers, which generally achieves a high proportion of positive feedback, it is not to say that your concerns have been dismissed. Indeed, we acknowledge that our customers are all different and that what may be perfectly agreeable to some guests, may not be at all in line with the requirements and expectations of others. The feedback we receive is therefore of the utmost importance to us as we endeavor to enhance our guest experience with each and every stay.

Kindly note, the mentioned area of concern is a common problem in almost all beach properties and despite our efforts, we are unable to remove all crows from the area. However certain measures are in action and we will be looking into further solutions for this concern.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Such a lovely hotel, perfect location from the airport. Staff where wonderful, always ready to help and so welcoming. Lashan welcomed us each day and was very helpful. As where the front desk staff including Chiranga and Sam Path.
The spa was amazing, such an incredible massage.
The rooms where clean with beautiful views of the sea.
Bar service by the pool was spectacular with great cocktails and wonderful staff.
We ate dinner at the fish restaurants over the road and had a lovely time.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Leila A, Manager at Heritance Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to hear that you have had a comfortable and relaxing stay at Heritance Negombo.

It is truly encouraging for me and my team to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

We will be delighted to welcome you back in our hotel, and let us know of your plans to visit Negombo again in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

I can not express how friendly and helpful the staff were during our stay at this hotel. Staff went out of their way to help us with anything we asked for and nothing was a problem. While we were at the hotel we booked a very special stay in the Maldives with the support of some special staff who deserve a big shout:

Benedic, the bar supervisor, was particularly friendly and helpful and advised us on the best Maldives locations and great restaurants in Negombo. He also took very good care of us during our stay.

Lashan, the hotel manager helped us to call the Maldives hotel to finalise details and

Tharaka, the food and bar manager ensured that staff at the Maldives knew we were arriving to greet us. We felt like royalty.

The hotel is in a perfect location and is a stone throw away from the beach so the views from the room were stunning. The entire hotel was spotless and the food was delicious. The pool and pool bar were clean and amazing. The pool had jets that massaged our backs. This is the first time I have come across this. .

If staying in Negombo I would highly recommend this hotel as you will be very well looked after.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cerijames37

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Heritance Negombo and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your sentiments with regard to your recent visit to Heritance Negombo and thank you for the recommendations given.

We are looking forward to your next visit and assure you of our superior service at all times.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

Within easy reach of the airport, Heritance Negombo offers a range of luxury rooms and suites. These tastefully decorated rooms and suites are equipped with all modern amenities and offer stunning views of the beach. The hotel also has a spa and training centre as well as a variety of dining areas that offer a guest a mix of cuisines. Recommend!

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

It is truly encouraging for me and my team to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests and thank you for the recommendations given.