Review Highlights
An excellent choice

If you require an English-speaking driver who not only drives safely but also has a great knowledge... read more

Reviewed June 19, 2018
PhilR124
Sydney, Australia
Highly recommended . Excellent Driver!

I was one of Five ladies who travelled along with Krish for two weeks in Sri Lanka . I couldn't... read more

Reviewed April 19, 2018
875Eilish
Monaghan, Ireland
via mobile

All reviews excellent driver safe driver competent driver sri lanka places to visit great trip advice knowledge airport car safari beaches
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I found the contact for Krish online and chose him based on reviews of other travelers. We were not disappointed! From the moment Krish met us at the airport he was friendly, helpful, and an excellent driver. The car was modern with seat belts, which can mean a lot, especially traveling with kids. Krish knows a lot about the different sites in Sri Lanka, and he was also more than happy to let us have our freedom too, which was what we wanted. I have recommended him as a driver for other friends who were equally pleased with him. If you need a driver in Sri Lanka, Krish is a great guy!

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank flippantfeet
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We just got back from a three week vacation in Sri Lanka, and we opted for Krish because of the feedback we got from his emails and the fact that he offered something unique. We didn’t want a classic tour where things would be imposed on us, and he understood that perfectly.

He took us off the beaten path and showed us sights we would have never stumbled upon on our own. His relaxed demeanor, his sense of humor and his knowledge of the country made for a very smooth and fascinating trip. He took care of things when needed, without being overly-present.

It simply would not have been the same without him.

If you’re looking for something unique, and want to experience Sri Lanka from a different angle, Krish is the way to go.

Date of experience: June 2014
3  Thank Antoine L
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I with a friend of mine visited Sri Lanka in 2013 December for about a week long trip. Our plan was to visit Anuradhapura, Dambulla, Sigiriya etc and then go to south coast via Kandy and Nuwara-Eliya. We hired a taxi and found this driver through some blog.
His name is Krish and he provides taxi and driver service. He was pretty knowledgeable of the histories of most of the places we visited. He can speak English and Sinhali very well, so was a great help as we didn't know Sinhali at all. I should say he is a safe driver, we had a smooth travel though we covered almost 1200km in a week. He is a cheerful personality, wasn't quarrelsome over anything, so we had an enjoyable trip all in all.

Date of experience: December 2013
2  Thank Sindhura730
Reviewed June 7, 2014

simply excellent! our tour guide was amazing, gave us a lot of explanations about the different attractions.
I would definitely recommand it.

Date of experience: August 2013
2  Thank Ilan S
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My friend and I hired Krish during the Spring of '14. I like to call it the Spring of Britney. Britney Spears that is (more of that later). I emailed Krish and about 7 other drivers about 2 weeks before our trip. I chose him because from his emails, he seemed polite, flexible and was charging my friend and I a fair price (YAY for not price gauging and taking advantage of tourists!). The flexibility part though was what really won me over, because my friend and I are not much for tours and we like to go to the beat of our own drums, however we decided on a driver because we only had 2 1/2 days in Sri Lanka and wanted to cover the most ground.

Krish woke up early and came and got us from the airport at 5am, from there he drove us straight to Sigiriya (while we slept). He seemed kind and polite, but I had read all these stories about drivers stealing your things while you were sightseeing, so I was a little paranoid. Let's just say by the end of the trip we were handing all of our things over to Krish to hold. I even left my phone in his house to charge! So needless to say he is one of the most kind-hearted and trustworthy guys out there! I would still do research on activity prices though so you have a good gauge of what to expect to be charged for things like white water rafting, etc. because sometimes a little bit of haggling is involved.

Let's just say we worked Krish hard every day. We would wake up by 6am and not go to sleep until around midnight. The first day we went to Sigiriya, an elephant ride, a massage and the dambulla caves and then to Kandy to sleep. Somewhere between Sigiriya to Kandy we found out that Krish is the BIGGEST Britney Spears fan in ALL of Sri Lanka. I'm serious. He gets goose bumps when we play baby one more time. LOL. It was so awesome, because my friend and I have the biggest love for brit brit too! So we spent our whole trip singing Britney Spears songs (with a little bit of Justin Bieber and Spice Girls thrown in). So if you love Brit Brit or 90s pop, let him know and you'll have the BEST drive ever. Did I mention he sang with us? But aside from his love of Brit Brit, he's also very kind and giving and like I mentioned before flexible!!! which is so key when you want to throw in last minute massages!

The next day we did the Tooth Relic temple, where he bought us all lotus flowers to offer to Buddha!!! They were gorgeous. And he prayed for our safe trip to the tea plantations! After the tea plantations we went white water rafting, where awesome Krish had a towel for us! since we totally forgot to bring one :/. YAY!!!! Did I mention that if you love tropical asian fruits, Krish will hunt them down for you on the side of the road and make sure they're good? LOL. yeah he did!!! Because we love fruit, especially Mangosteen and throughout our whole trip he made sure we got it! He also took us to awesome places to eat as we had no idea where to go (be awesome and invite your driver for dinner...which must be a rarity because every time we sat down, they took away his place setting! But we were not having that!)

So the third day was our last day, with our flight leaving around noon...I had emailed Krish and requested to do something out of the ordinary that most tourists don't do and he suggested I visit his town. IN! I wasn't sure what to expect, but Krish totally blew us away!!! I don't know if he could do it again, but he showed us the local fish market...super cool...and then told us all nonchalantly that we'd go visit a school...all good. I wasn't sure what to expect, but when we arrived (Krish had planned everything out only 2 days before), we were greeted by the school children singing the Sri Lankan national anthem!!! And then taken to a 2nd grade class where we met baby Krish!!! and the kids sang Frere Jacques for us!!! NO LIE. and Krish picked up candy for us to hand out to the children (and teacher! haha thanks for the reminder Krish! I almost forgot her). MIND BLOWN!!! It was one of the most amazing experiences and all I could say after was that "my heart was so full of happiness" because it really was. Those kids were awesome and the school so welcoming and it was so awesome to see local Sri Lankan life. Afterwards he showed us his village where he was born and now lives. We even met his MOM!!!! which we told him was a must!! They were so kind and it was so awesome to see how people in Sri Lanka live. And he said we were the first ones to ever request this, so it was totally on the fly! and man did he pull it off!!! That experience was amazing.

The whole thing was awesome and I know it had a lot to do with Krish!!! We're so thankful we found him and he's not just our driver now, but our friend!!!!! Book him because it'll be a trip you'll never forget. Did I mention he was always early, waited patiently during our lateness and helped us carry our luggage like a true gentlemen should? Oh and he kindly picked us up raincoats before our arrival because we forgot to pack some.

Follow him on instagram @krishsrilankan (http://instagram.com/krishsrilankan). You'll see us!!!

Oh yeah details, trip was from May 20, 2014 (arriving at 5 am) til May 22, 2014 (leaving at 1 pm). If you need more details, ping me.

Date of experience: May 2014