For our 5 years wed anniversary, my wife and I decided to go to Sri Lanka. We found on the internet site of our tour operator some pictures of this hotel with a very short description.
To be sure of having a good stay, we sought comments on internet. Most of were good, others less..
But we finally thought it was the right place to be to evacuate stress ans strains of our busy life.
And we were not wrong !
Arrived at 6 am, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and another that brought us to our room. We then discovered a charming little house, intimate and discreet, along with a beautiful terrace and a lovely garden. In most hotels, you do not have your room before 2pm ..here.. no problem, soon arrived, we were able to relax in our bed! And after 15 hours travel, it'a a real pleasure !
That first day, and all the following were perfect.
Breakfast : Fresh juice, local fruit platter, coffee or tea, bread, butter and jam and an omelet.
Lunch : Starter ( vegetables ), soup, Main course and dessert.
Dinner : Same as Lunch.
At first, we were a little disappointed with the limited choices in the "a la carte" dishes...my wife doesn't eat fish and two of the five dishes were fish.
I told this to the waiter and his answer was simply the best that I could have : That's not a problem Sir, ask what you want, we'll make it for you ! Damn, what a service !
It's a hotel with few rooms, there is almost never anyone in the pool, and we were able to enjoy it from 8am till 10pm. The pool is perfectly cleaned daily before breakfast. There is always someone for you to place your longchairs where you want it and give you a clean dry towel.
Rooms are daily cleaned in the morning and they come in the evening to prepare your bed for the night ( mosquito net...)
The hotel is constantly kept clean by a small but efficient household team.
There might be something they could improve : Free Wifi in the rooms. We tried with a local provider ( Dialog ) but had a very low connection in the rooms. The only solution was then to go to the reception ( where they have own wifi network ) and sit in their comfortable seats where we could also have a drink while we were surfing on the internet on our mobile phones. But it was finaly a good thing..due to the fact that we had to go two or three times a day to te reception, we met three different receptionists ( Neel, Rusiru & Nishan ) and learned a lot about things to do ( or not ) in Negombo thanks to them. They are courteous, polite, cheerful and very professional !
We went three times to the nearby Jetwing Blue Hotel to enjoy the lonchairs along the beach, drink a cocktail and there were no problems, we just had to say that we stayed at Jetwing Pavillons.
Last day we had normaly to leave our room at 12am..but our taxi was planned at 5pm...again, as the day of our arrival, there were no problem to keep the room for a few hours more !
For all those reasons, we'll sure come back.
If you have any question about this stay, i will surely answer. ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private hideaway set amidst the tranquillity of nature, Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions is a wellness resort in Negombo that provides holistic healing for mind, body and soul. Offering private pavilions and traditional Ayurveda treatments, this secluded sanctuary is the perfect place for those looking to get away from the pressures of city life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions Hotel Negombo
- Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions Negombo