“Quiet en lovely place !”

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Negombo
“Quiet en lovely place !”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hi,
For our 5 years wed anniversary, my wife and I decided to go to Sri Lanka. We found on the internet site of our tour operator some pictures of this hotel with a very short description.
To be sure of having a good stay, we sought comments on internet. Most of were good, others less..
But we finally thought it was the right place to be to evacuate stress ans strains of our busy life.
And we were not wrong !
Arrived at 6 am, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and another that brought us to our room. We then discovered a charming little house, intimate and discreet, along with a beautiful terrace and a lovely garden. In most hotels, you do not have your room before 2pm ..here.. no problem, soon arrived, we were able to relax in our bed! And after 15 hours travel, it'a a real pleasure !
That first day, and all the following were perfect.
Breakfast : Fresh juice, local fruit platter, coffee or tea, bread, butter and jam and an omelet.
Lunch : Starter ( vegetables ), soup, Main course and dessert.
Dinner : Same as Lunch.
At first, we were a little disappointed with the limited choices in the "a la carte" dishes...my wife doesn't eat fish and two of the five dishes were fish.
I told this to the waiter and his answer was simply the best that I could have : That's not a problem Sir, ask what you want, we'll make it for you ! Damn, what a service !

It's a hotel with few rooms, there is almost never anyone in the pool, and we were able to enjoy it from 8am till 10pm. The pool is perfectly cleaned daily before breakfast. There is always someone for you to place your longchairs where you want it and give you a clean dry towel.

Rooms are daily cleaned in the morning and they come in the evening to prepare your bed for the night ( mosquito net...)

The hotel is constantly kept clean by a small but efficient household team.
There might be something they could improve : Free Wifi in the rooms. We tried with a local provider ( Dialog ) but had a very low connection in the rooms. The only solution was then to go to the reception ( where they have own wifi network ) and sit in their comfortable seats where we could also have a drink while we were surfing on the internet on our mobile phones. But it was finaly a good thing..due to the fact that we had to go two or three times a day to te reception, we met three different receptionists ( Neel, Rusiru & Nishan ) and learned a lot about things to do ( or not ) in Negombo thanks to them. They are courteous, polite, cheerful and very professional !

We went three times to the nearby Jetwing Blue Hotel to enjoy the lonchairs along the beach, drink a cocktail and there were no problems, we just had to say that we stayed at Jetwing Pavillons.

Last day we had normaly to leave our room at 12am..but our taxi was planned at 5pm...again, as the day of our arrival, there were no problem to keep the room for a few hours more !

For all those reasons, we'll sure come back.

If you have any question about this stay, i will surely answer. ;)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Oliboy73
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking your time to share your experience on the Trip Advisor following your stay with us. It was a pleasure and more over a delight to read your wonderful comments on the services by our team, the rooms and other facilities the hotel has to offer. Comments such as yours are always very encouraging and we will not miss to share them with the team but more particularly with Neil, Rusiru and Nishan

We have noted your suggestion with regard to the WIFI network and this is an area we will work on improving. As for your suggestion regarding the a la carte offering, we will review with the hotel Executive Chef to see how we can accommodate more varieties. Thank you for bringing those matters to my attention.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer, and until then please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Your well being is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.

Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just had a four day break here. It was lovely, when our taxi pulled in I was a bit concerned as the hotel is right on a busy road, but as soon as you walk through to the gardens it was so peaceful and green (quiet too). The Receptionh staff were so helpful, and we had a lot of questions as it was our first visit to Sri Lanka. Rooms beautiful, from the painted doors leading into your own private garden area, complete with your own pavilion area for any treatments you would like to take. My husband and I booked a massage, the therapists arrive at your pavilion, ands it is so relaxing.

Loved the rooms, large, vaulted wood ceiling, big beds with crisp cotton sheets.

Breakfast was OK, I believe there are only 12 rooms overall, so you get a more individual service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Denise S
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had to spend Easter at Sri Lanka because of work and luckily I ended up to Ayuerveda Pavillions. It was refhreshing experience and really enchanged my well-being in many ways. I took the 3 day treatment and it did wonders to my health - which I thought was OK, but after only three days I realized how much better I cuold feel, if just taking better care of myself. Very professional, friendly and gentle people working both in treatment center and in hotel. Very beautifull place - and very nice room, restaurant was good and the pool was absolutely wonderfull - and the beach just accros the street. I fully recomend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TiinaS1
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, July 18, 2012

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your thoughts and experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments and that although your stay was very short, you had a refreshing and revitalizing experience in many ways. Our team is always dedicated to provide the maximum benefits of the treatments we offer our guests for a healthy life style and we will not miss to share these thoughts with our team.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future, to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Your well being is our concern and we shall assure you our best services at all times.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I came here as part of our multi trip honeymoon.The accommodation was amazing and the food was excellent. We stayed here for 7 days.There wasn't many guests,just us and another couple so it felt like our own private little hideaway.The chef would come out every day and speak to us and make sure we were more than catered for.Food was very healthy and tasty.Waiters very friendly.Loved the apartments but not much to do outside of hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DeniseLairdHerriot
, General manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience on Trip Advisor, following your holiday to Sri Lanka on your honeymoon trip.

We are delighted to know that your time with us was to your satisfaction and we will not miss to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team, specially the hotel’s Executive Chef.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

May/June 2012 I had the pleasure to get again (first time in 2007) an ayurweda-treatment for 10 days at the Jetwing Ayurweda Pavilions in Negombo/Ethukale. I did not stay at this hotel (but in its sister-hotel Jetwing Beach just 7 minutes away, which is the best place in Negombo/Ethukale in my opinion -> there is a free shuttle-service between those 2 hotels if you take therapies at the Pavilions) so I am not able to rate all the services of Jetwing Ayurweda Pavilions.

But I must declare the treatments - especially composed and designed for my needs - of one of the best I have ever gotten in Sri Lanka over the last 6 years of travelling in this country. The medical assistance and support was outstanding (by Dr. Dinesh Edirisinghe) and my personal therapist Mr. Ruwan (who I got to know already in 2007) did an excelent and good job (clean in any respect, serious, very profesional and friendly). After those intensive 10 days I left the resort like being newly born. Thank you very much!

9 out of 10 days I got the main treatments in one of the large Pavilions with its own open-air therapy-place, little garden and bungalow (steam- and herbal-bath were provided at the medical center). I liked "my" pavilion-place very much, even when it was not always that quiet because of the main road near by. 1 day I got the therapy at the medical center: The room was clean but the atmosphere a little depresive. But everybody working for the medical center there was extremly friendly and helpful.

The day before the treatments started, I got a free profesional medical consultation which lasted about 1 hour. After the diagnosis "my" doctor set together a program for the 10 following days including medication (during the in-house treatments and for the rest of the day outside the resort). The treatments started at 09:45 (with short visit of the doctor) and lasted until +/- 13:00 (depending on the daily program). Because after the therapy you are obliged to rest (sleep, read, out of the sun) and not allowed to shower for at least 2 hours (I always returned with a VERY oily body to the hotel!), I therefore decided to leave my hotel in the morning with bathrobe (provided for free by my hotel) and returned with some additional Pavilions-towels to keep my room clean.

For those 10 days of treatments and medical support I had to spend about USD 700.- which in my opinion is not only a fair but a very good price. The only thing I can do is to recomend this place from the bottom of my heart.

If you do not look for "just another nice massage" in Negombo/Ethukale but for a serious, profesional ayurweda therapy-place: Jetwing Ayurewda Pavilions is YOUR choice, your place to go. I will come again, for sure!

Urs T., Switzerland

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Urs T
, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, July 9, 2012

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent 10 days treatment program at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

It was a great pleasure and a delight to go through your comments and we will not miss to share your compliments with Doctor Dinesh and Therapist Mr. Ruwan on the professional services you received from them.

It is a Jetwing culture to provide a personalized and a caring service to all our guest and your comments will no doubt encourage the team to carry out their services even better.

We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions during your next visit to Sri Lanka and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Athough we have been few times to Sri Lanka, country we love very much, this was the first time we tried ayurvedic treatment and we are very sorry that we did not do it before.

Thanks to our agent KUONI we were booked to this most charming, so relaxing and made to human measure hotel. The Doctor was amazing finding immediatly what has to be trated. The massages were a pure bliss.

We will recomend this oazis of peace to anyone who is looking to rejuvenate, detox , relax and spend some time with loved ones.

We will certainly come back again.

Thanks to everybody making our stay unforgetable.

Milan and Senka

Room Tip: All huts are tucked away from noise,
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Senka P
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, June 6, 2012

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions. We were really delighted to note your comments and that you very much enjoyed the experience of Ayurveda treatments. It is the practice of our Chief Doctor to ensure that our guest gets the maximum benefits and satisfaction of the treatments we offer.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.
U S A
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Place to stay with family or a friend lovely its very quite and you feel just like home

Room Tip: Examples of he"Rooms on the south side are quieterlpful room tips "Rooms on the sou...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank osama usa a

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. It gives us great pleasure to note your wonderful comments and happy that you enjoyed the atmosphere. We will look forward to welcoming you once again to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Your wellbeing is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.