All reviews general manager onward journey clean sheets night stay tea coffee air conditioning sun loungers seashore kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a night courtesy of Sri Lankan Airlines as a transit passenger. Upon entering the room there was a damp towel smell that never left despite me opening all my windows for a few hours.

I took some pictures of my room's more interesting features. The water stained wall, stained toilet seat, the reclining pillow that was mysteriously slashed open but placed on the bed to hide the slash. I decided on make the best of my one night stay and took a shower which ended up flooding my bathroom. When I picked up my room phone to complain, I discovered it didn't work.

As I made my way out to seek a bite for dinner, the grinning hotel wait staff were eager for me to sample the hotel buffet that was included in my transit package. I couldn't run away fast enough and dined instead at a nice restaurant nearby called Sea View. I returned and tried to watch some TV but the only English channels coming clearly were the news and Professional Wrestling. Left with no other choice, I slept soundly only to be awakened at 4am for a 7:30 flight. This last bit is standard Sri Lankan practice so can't blame the hotel here.

You may ask why the 2 star rating instead of 1. Two reasons, one is the friendly willingness of the staff. They don't have anything to work with but they're trying to do the best they can. The other reason is the hotel's location. It's very central and right on charming Negombo beach where I strolled pleasantly for a few hours in the early evening. If not for the staff or the location this hotel fully deserves 0 stars. Actually, it deserves to be shuttered.

The only conclusion I can draw is that Sri Lankan Airlines genuinely despises its transit passengers. How else can one explain this travesty of a hotel?

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here on the first night of a tour.You can read the other reviews yourself and see why I choose not to stay here when I arrived early.
Well everything in the room worked as it should have done and the WiFi was good.The red floor did stain my feet and the bathroom floor appeared to have been walked on by people with stained feet.The bathroom could probably be renewed.
Dirty windows? They weren’t sparkling,however as others would pass to get to their own rooms privacy was maintained with net curtains.So really no problem.
Breakfast was due to start at 7. Many things were not out for anther 15 minutes.Many things,eg Pakoras, appeared to have been cooked much earlier-like the previous day.worst breakfast of the trip.However one kind staff member did fetch me a cup of local brewed coffee-hence the high rating!

I definitely would not choose to stay here.Its appears to be a transit stop for tours arriving and departing Sri Lanka.I think it may also be a stop over/transit stop for Sri Lanka Airlines.I shouldn’t think they get much repeat business

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2019

Very pleasant stay at this beachfront hotel in Negombo. The property is quite old, but reasonably well maintained. There is no phone in the room (even to call front desk!) but otherwise the room was comfortable. The shower quality was poor. The location and the highly courteous staff as well as the access to the beach, compensated for this. The staff were very courteous and helpful. Breakfast and wifi are included in the room rate. In fact the staff made sure we got a breakfast package to take with us as our flight was early morning and would have missed the bf at the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
lsrhotels_100, Public Relations Manager at Catamaran Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for choosing LSR Hotels - Catamaran Beach Hotel . It's so happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel . We highly appreciate your review on us. We will definitely consider your feedback and looking forward to provide you the best.

Thanks and regards.

Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Had a overnight stay at the hotel. It's about 30 mts drive from Colombo airport. Rooms are quite big and clean equipped with tea / coffee makers. Bathroom is relatively small. Main attraction is the beach which is right behind the hotel is clean and beautiful. The breakfast and dinner is generally on a buffet basis was reasonably decent. Could see a good number of foreign tourists at this hotel. Good for a few days stay

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
lsrhotels_100, Public Relations Manager at Catamaran Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for choosing LSR Hotels - Catamaran Beach Hotel . It's so happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel . We highly appreciate your feedback on us. Do stay with us again . Looking forward to provide you with the best .

Best Regards.

Reviewed December 23, 2018

It was my worst hotel experience. No intercoms/telephones provided in rooms. For any room assistance one has to walk a long way from hotel room to reception. Wi fi not functioning properly. Frequent disruptions and one gets logged out.. Bathroom was so terrible, poorly maintained. No toilet soap provided only small bottles of body lotion,shampoo provided. i was unable to adjust water heat levels at times no proper water pressure or water even. Food insipid - presentation quality taste everything equally bad. Entire hotel stay was total disappointment. We travelled as a group from India to various places in Sri Lanka. Of all hotels we stayed in other cities,this was worst experience

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
lsrhotels_100, Public Relations Manager at Catamaran Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2018

Dear Sir,
We’re very sorry about the negative experienced during your stay at the Catamaran Beach Hotel. Intercoms are indeed available in all rooms and all usable equipment is checked by the house keeping staff and if any default is observed, same is immediately attended by the maintenance department. On each floor is also a house keeping service station which is manned by our staff. Hence, any assistance needed could be provided by them. Wi-Fi facilities are operated by a service provider. There may be occasions of temporary loss of connection, however this is repaired no sooner, and same is informed of. The toilet amenities are replenished on a daily basis and are in compliance with the standards required by the concerned authorities. The water levels and pressure are constantly monitored in the engineering operations room. We will certainly take note of your observation and rectify in the event of an issue. Food is catered to all nationalities in general. This is a rare occasion of a complaint pertaining to food.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused, and we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel soon. Thank you