“Nice place but hard to find”

Colombo Airport Hostel Negombo Beach
Ranked #45 of 253 Specialty Lodging in Negombo
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed in a dorm for 1 night. Although it was described as "10 bed dorm" on Booking.com, there were actually some rooms separated by curtain, which made me feel more comfortable than expected.

The hostel is located bit far from the rail station / main bus terminal of Negombo. You need to take a bus / tuktuk to get to the hostel.

My only complaint was they do not have a proper sign outside. (Very sorry if I just missed it.) Because of that, I had to wander around with my backpacks about 30 minutes. (It caused a meeting with an amazingly helpful local family, which was my best memory in Negombo, though.)

After check in, everything went very well. Especially, staff was very helpful. Yet there was no security locker in my dorm, he could keep my stuff in the staff locker. He kindly served breakfast before I asked, gave me a direction to the next destination, etc.

Positives
- nice, helpful staff
- cozy, spacious dorm with individual mosquito net
- free breakfast
- computer with free Internet

Negatives
- no sign outside

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Yusuke_Sagami

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place ticks all the boxes really, nothing is exceptional and their was a couple issues. The bottom room I stayed in first and picked up a few mozzy bites. My gf and I moved to the private upstairs and that was definitely more pleasant. Though the toilet door was broken and I walked in on a dude. Generally alright and happy with the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisPLavelle
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here after my arrival to Sri Lanka. Airport pickup for a reasonable price works perfect. They have private and dorm rooms (with shared bathroom), both clean and provided with mosquito nets (you need them!). The owners were very friendly, the lady smiles all the time and introduces you to the Sri Lankan kitchen with delicious fried rice. Keep in mind that the city of Colombo is actually quite far from the airport whereas Negombo is only a 15 minute drive. Would stay here again at the start or end of my trip!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hostel is very clean and in good location nearly the beach and tourist area. Kanthi , the lady who is responsible of the hostel, is very nice and make very good food. She make you feel that you are home so you enjoy your staying in this hostel. Free breakfast, free coffee and tea whole the day! Free wifi. Linen and towel include. Cheap airport drop. I will for sure stay here again if I come back to Negombo.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Saad Salim A
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, warm shower, nice breakfast including. Owner is so kind and lovely, you absolutely want to come back :) Ask rice and curry for dinner, it's delicious ! Really good quality for good price. I recommend warmly :) (and btw, I'm quite picky for where I sleep haha)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hostel has a very friendly staff and it is ultra-clean. The rooms are really nice and the breakfast is delicious! The location is also very convenient!I felt really at home here. It is a good place to stay either you come to Sri Lanka or you are leaving.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our accommodation in Negombo happened at home,.This Hostel are warm, rustic, clean thanks to caring Kanit!!.Kanty prepares delicious food..kind, funny, and willing to help.Hostel is just 2 minutes walk from the ear ocean,to center of Negombo by tuk-tuk 5 min(150 rps.),to aeroport 20 min.by tuk-tuk.Thank you for a good time)))

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel