“Sweetest lady making you feel at home”

Colombo Airport Hostel Negombo Beach
Ranked #46 of 253 Specialty Lodging in Negombo
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I felt like coming in a very warm home feeling Hostel. The house is big and the rooms are just fine. The lady who works there is so nice and caring. She prepairs nice food for cheep and you can buy waterbottles beers and a coca cola for fair prises.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I came from Kandy to Negombo. If you like this place and the think the owner is good, you plan to go to Kandy then go there to Kandy Downtown hostel. The staff at both places are very kind and offerig good hospitality.
The place is not far from the airport and they also offer a rather cheap transfer. Rooms are clean. Food served is very good. Place is only a short walk away from the beach with bars and restaurants. The hostel is in a quiet area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2013

this place is highly recommendable for backpackers and other travelers - friendly, perfectly clean and so close to the airport
I arrived Nov 17 early morning at airport and stayed at Negombo (rathert than takingthe busy trip into Colombo). I stayed here longer than I planned originally - since I feel so well here. During the day, beach or sight seeing in the city, both in walking distance - or just stay here and relax.
I am staying in the female 4 bed dormitory, it is very clean, has a fan, so its fresh even if hot outside, its quiet, thus comfortable. What I did not expect and really enjoy is Kanthis cooking - it is just delicious!!! After two days eating her tasty dishes, lunch and dinner, today we went to the market and bought fresh fish, fresh vegetables and fresh fruit. At 6 o"clock in the morning, the driver Patherana drove Kanthi and me into town, both of them explained me the various crops and helped to buy a good selection to cook a local Sri Lankan meal! So much hospitality I did not expect - but enjoy very much. Thus, my recommendation just try it out and see yourself! ((-:

Room Tip: just ask the hostel manager Kanthi, she will do her best to make you comfortable !
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was my first night in Sri Lanka, directly from the airport, arriving at 2am.
The lady in charge of this place was super helpful, and provided everything I wanted, answered to everything I needed, and happy to arrange trips and drivers.

The place is clean and tidy. Patio outside is convenient for having breakfast.

I would not mind going back again. In fact, this place is one of the top places I stayed in Sri Lanka.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was definitely value for money, specially with Kanthi, who helps you with every requirement. Ask for very bikes, massages and food... She is always ready to help and a very hands on person with all the details. She is an awesome cook and provides really cheap food.
Very centrally located to the beach, and Negombo town. Very clean hostel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eliforyou
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great food from Kantha, she made us wonderful macaroni cheese with a side of fried fish, she always very helpful to satisfy any requests, be it organising a tour, a Tuk Tuk or washing your clothes. The driver was also very friendly and helped us with our travel plans. Planned to stay 1 night, ended up staying 4 nights as it felt like home. Very close to beach, fish markets and tourist area which has some great restaurants. I would stay here again in the the future.

Room Tip: Dorms are clean and spacious with mosquito nets and clean bathrooms next door, and reasonably priced...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night before my flight. The people who run this place are very nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and simple and the hospitality is great. Morning breakfast included in the price. The hostel is located in a walking distance from the beach. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013