“Acceptable for an overnight stay, not more”
Review of Jetwing Sea

Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I picked this hotel for a quick overnight stay while on a quick transit in Colombo. In all, we spent perhaps 7 hours at the hotel.

Overall upkeep and cleanliness of the hotel room was acceptable, not more. The bed comfortable enough for our quick stay. However, the airconditioner noise was loud, and there was a noisy mechanical room not far from our room.

I read elsewhere that this property is a converted 3-star, and it feels it. All-in-all, the hotel just about met our basic needs, but we wouldn't be too motivated to come back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Whilst thanking you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor, let me assure you that we have taken serious note of your comments, which will, no doubt, help us to improve and I am sure you will notice the changes, when you visit us next. Yes, we have received a star upgrading and glad that we have been categorized as a four star property very recently which is a huge plus. We are disappointed that you have not completely enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again to a much improved Jetwing Sea in the very near future. Until then, warm regards from the team and do keep in touch for any matters you may think I could be of assistance.

There are newer reviews for Jetwing Sea

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night as it was a hotel near the airport and we ad an early flight to male the following morning.

We arrived at about one in the afternoon after a long journey from koggala. We were greeted with a cold drink but then left for about 10 minutes before we were checked in. The lobby area seemed quite gloomy and run down.

we were shown our room and the bags were bought up to us. We were on our honeymoon so very disappointed that there was no acknowledgement of this.

We went down to the restaurant to get some food, walked all the way through and not one person acknowledged us. In the end we walked down the road to get some food.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening, were only offered the buffet and even then nothing was explained to us. We were expected to know where to go and what to do. Food was poor for the standard of hotel. We found the staff very in attentive and not interested.

We felt the hotel was very dark and unsecure especially when walking about at 3am to check out for our flight . The gate to the beach was wide open meaning anybody could walk in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h12320
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

While we thank you for choosing to stay with us and more importantly, taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, please accept our humble apologies for not providing you the kind of service we are known for. During the week since your review was posted, we have spoken to many of our associates and have managed to put together the details mentioned in your review. This has allowed us to take some immediate remedial steps to maintain consistency in the level of the service we provide.

Being an eco friendly property we make every effort to maintain our sustainable standards, the buildings are designed to allow maximum natural light in order to minimize the usage of electricity thus creating a shade of darkness, but we assure you that the property is well secured by security personnel guarding all corners. However, we will make efforts to redesign and improve the interiors of the hotel for more light.

Let me convey the gratitude of the entire management team for bringing these points to our notice, as we realize the importance of creating pleasant and extra-special experiences, to all our guests at all the time.
Whilst thanking you once again, let me wish you all the very best for the season and request you to stay in touch with us for any matters you may think could be of assistance.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was put up here courtesy of Air Lanka as my transit was 9 hours. I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting to rough it out at Colombo airport. As I disembarked, there was a nice lady waiting for me who escorted me to the transfer desk and practically sorted out my whole transit hotel arrangement for me - all i had to do was fill in the arrival card. As a transit passenger, I get a 24 hour visa which is free. The same lady escorted me out up to my cab which took me to the Jetwing Sea, about 15 minutes drive from the airport. The route is mainly along Beach Road and the scenery reminded me of a combination of Thailand and Bali.

We pulled up to what seemed like a simple-looking hotel. The pleasant surprise was how well appointed the room was. It was very spacious and had a beach front. As I was travelling light for a business trip I really did not expect the beach so I was poorly prepared. Luckily the room had in-house flip-flops so at least my feet were aclimatised.

My complimentary transit treat also consisted of dinner at the hotel restaurant which was a 4 course meal. I noticed that just about all the other guests were couples so I felt rather the odd one out eating alone with my book! One thing i must say is that i am very impressed with the service culture. it reminded me of the Maldives somewhat.

My pick up to go back to the airport was on time and off I went. Oh, I think I need to mention here that I was traveling on business class so I was dropped off at a special entrance at the airport. Talk about privileges! Again, personal escort through a dedicated security screen, check-in and even a special immigration officer for biz class passengers only!

What seemed to be an ordeal i was dreading turned out to be quite a treat. I actually wished i had more time to pop into Colombo and do some sight-seeing. Overall, my transit left such an impression that i intend to come back for a proper holiday with the family in the near future!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the beach level ie "1xx" then you can open the doors and literally just...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DazzaRB
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our lovely resort Jetwing Sea and the service we offer that you have posted on Trip Advisor. To satisfy each and every guest is what we strive for on a daily basis. Yes, the tranquility of the Western Coast of Sri Lanka is indeed an ideal antidote after an exhausting tour. We are thrilled that you have decided to come back to our resort. In the meantime, we will stay committed to improve our property, the food and the service, so that travelers like yourself can truly have an enjoyable stay and keep visiting us over and over. Thank you once again for the compliments and hope to see you again, perhaps in the very near future.

Until then do accept our greetings for the season and keep in touch for any matters I can be of assistance.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a standard room for 2 nights, was very spacious and offered great sea views. Beach and sea are beautiful (even if not the cleanest in Sri Lanka). Restaurant a la carte was superb, not cheap for Sri Lanka, but food was 5* especially the fish and seafood. Only downside was rooms are not noise insulated at all so could hear everything going on in the restaurant/bar. After seeing several hotels in negombo Jetwing sea and Jetwing beach(gorgeous pool) seem to be the pick of the bunch.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Jetwing Sea and for the wonderful review posted on Trip Advisor!

We at Jetwing Sea, do try to hide you away from the hustle and bustle of the street and we have recently covered the corridors on the side of the room, so that your stay with us is relaxing and enjoyable. However it still appears to be a concern and rest assured that further steps will be in place to enhance the noise insulation of the hotel.
A cool dip in one of our pools, a drink in the evening at the Jetty Bar, the food at Café C and in fact every single aspect of Jetwing Sea is designed to help you relax and unwind, away from your cares and concerns. This is also why we endeavor to provide you with the most personalized service we can offer.
We were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at Jetwing Sea and be even more pleased to see you visit us once again. Do stay in touch for any matters you may think I could be of assistance and until then, wishing the you best of all and happy holidays.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

They should pay YOU to stay here. Quality of food and beverage was very low; staff was non-responsive or simply didn’t know to or refused to answer questions. The beach outdoor seafood restaurant was good, fresh and tasty. Seemed like they didn’t belong to the rest of the hotel as their quality and service was above average. We would recommend this hotel as a landing pad for heavy drinkers with no sense of quality who only need a place to sleep off the hangover. Concierge was unaware of 5 of the top 7 restaurants on Trip Advisor that were all within 5km of the property and I think we’re still waiting on them to deliver the towels and hair dryer. This hotel room was absurdly dark. Their idea of lighting was two tiny LED reading lamps attached to the headboards of the bed. As we were leaving in the middle of the night to catch a flight, the room was so dark I was afraid of leaving things behind. When I questioned the staff about the availability of additional lighting, I got a laugh and a big no.

Room Tip: just don't go
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughts shared on Trip Advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you have come across during your stay.
Your constructive feedback on the darkness of the rooms is well noted and is taken seriously with the concerned departments. However we are glad that you enjoyed the service and the atmosphere of the sea food restaurant. Rest assured that your next visit to Jetwing Sea will be completely different since corrective measured will be in place immediately.

Again thank you for the very constructive feedback and we hope that you will give us another chance to prove what Jetwing Sea is really renowned for. Until then do keep in touch for any matters I could be of assistance to you.

General Manager.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We only stayed for a week and it wasn't long enough so we're already planning to return next year. The staff were so friendly and always smiling, they made our stay all the more special - even down to reserving a table on the beach near to the sea on our last night. The room was very spacious with great views of the beach and sea. We loved watching the fishermen bring in their catch everyday and even spotted a dolphins swimming past. There were always plenty of sunbeds and the pool attendant made sure we always had clean towels. The food was superb - we booked BB thinking we'd eat out but really didn't want to after the first couple of nights, there was such a huge choice even when ordering from the set menu, the best night by far was the Seafood Barbecue on the beach, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: It's worth paying a little more for a deluxe room as they are much more spacious with sofa and l...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heidi B
Jetwinghotels, Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

We always endeavor to give our guests a different kind of experience at Jetwing Sea, and it is a great pleasure for us to note that we have achieved just that during your stay with us. Thank you for a wonderful review posted on Trip Advisor.

Our idea is that when you experience something unique, it stays in your memory always, which means that you will come back to visit us over and over again. We are glad that you were able to get a glimpse of the dolphins swimming past which is a common sight during this time around and that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We too can’t wait to receive you once more and to pamper you at this lovely resort of Jetwing Sea. Until then warm regards and do keep in touch for any matters you may think that I could be of assistance.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Situated at the the top end of the Negombo strip right on the beach, this is a spacious and serviceable base for Negombo or a stopover.
Room was spacious with a clean stylish look and everything worked! A window into the bathroom is a novelty as was the blue lit bath. Comfy bed.
There is not a lot to do at this part of the beach and so it needs a a bit of a walk or a tuk tuk to find better food since the restaurant was the one weakness of Jetwing Beach.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Cockatroop
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

We loved reading your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Sea, and have shared your comments with the entire team at Jetwing Sea.

It was our pleasure to have given you a very personal experience at Jetwing Sea, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and had a relaxing and memorable experience. It is great that you also had the opportunity to experience our modern rooms at Jetwing Sea. Thank you for your lovely comments.

We would love to see you again at this ever friendly service base of Jetwing Sea, and are looking forward to the day when you will return to us, hopefully in the very near future. Until then do not hesitate to contact me for matters you may think I could be of assistance.