Lowest prices for your stay
$239
eDreams$239
Orbitz.com$239
FindHotel
2,026 results
All reviews sri lanka palm trees egg hoppers sea view indian ocean hot wing rooms are spacious bars and restaurants close to the airport deluxe room negombo beach nice pool colombo airport annex ravi hyacinth lords
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We spent 4 days in Sri Lanka - Kendy,Sigiriya and the last 2 days at the Jetwing Blue in Negombo. Let me start with whatwe liked about this place: the beach is fantastic, beautiful sunset, great waves (you can't swim here), the rooms have a great view on the beach and are very spacious - that's about it. Everything else is more like a 2** hotel: the most annoying thing are the birds (crows) who are very loud and are literally everywhere - chilling on the beach is just impossible.They even jump on guests in the restaurant.The other major concern is the cleaningness of the hotel: everything is very filthy including the lobby, the restaurants, the bars, the bathrooms. There are many staff working here who are friendly but they are doing a really poor job: for each order we had to wait 20-30 mins and had to remind them a few times even if we only ordered drinks. When we saw that tab water is being poured into our cactails we stopped ordering those and went for bottle and can beverages only going forward. Fortunately we spent here only one night - I really feel sorry for people who booked her their summer holiday here and are staying more than 1 night.

Thanks
Kasia

4  Thank Kasia K
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.
We take our commitment to guest satisfaction very seriously thus we were concerned to read about your experiences and we very much regret that your stay with us was not up to your expectations.

However we were satisfied that your were overall pleased with the beach, spacious room and the view of the Indian Ocean.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the service lapses you experienced during your stay and thank you for pointing out the areas needing improvement.

Just to clarify, the tap water goes through various micro filters as well as UV lamp to purify it appropriately and is certified appropriate for drinking purpose.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back for a more pleasant vacation with us and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Jetwing Blue in Negombo Sri Lanka.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We booked the Suite in the top floor of the hotel and it was well appointed. Very large open spaces with a large lounge, outdoor seating, an outdoor jacuzzi (with a lights display), huge bathroom and a walk in closet. The room was very airy and the beach could be viewed from anywhere in the room! Anywhere! Yes, its windows here, windows there and windows everywhere! The hassle of having so many windows is closing and opening the blinds, for privacy, especially going to the loo. The bathroom also doesn't have a locking door so its free for all to come in! Saying all that, unless you have a binoculars or a high focusing camera it will be next to impossible to view from outside, in.

Loved the food here, especially the Negombo specialities like Prawns, Crabs and Lobster. Kudos to the chef, the Steak and Lobster dinner I ordered was the best eaten. Succulent lobster meat and Prime Australian beef is a killer combo. Food here has always been good and this time too it was very well. Very worth the drive from Colombo (40-50 mins via Expressway, and Colombo internal traffic in the evenings) just for the food. (For Muslims the hotel clearly states which is Halal and not).

The pool to is very good with a large space for the kids to swim to and from.

Since this beach outside the hotel is not private property it sometimes can be irritating with lots of sellers of touristy things start hassling us to buy, although we are locals.

Small nitty gritty things like the bathrooms need a color wash or some of the fittings are loose and rusting does bring down the glory of a suite stay, but overall it was a good stay and we will back definitely!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your compliments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.

Myself and the entire team were very pleases to read that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and were in particularly pleased with the seafood selection and the personalized service of our team.

Customer care is indeed amongst one of our highest priorities in Jetwing hotels and it is always rewarding to receive such comments and appreciation. Your kind words of appreciation have been shared with the entire team and especially the Executive Chef and his brigade.

With regard to the beach vendors we confirm that we frequently meet up with them to address this particular issue and that the matter has our full attention.

It would be great having you back with us for another memorable experience and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I arrived in Negombo after working two weeks in Kandy and was pretty exhausted. Unfortunately, we ended up arriving a day earlier than our booking and I got pretty upset by the whole mix-up in the dates that the travel agents have arranged. However, the staff at Reception where very helpful in trying to accommodate us with an extra night in Negombo so I was relieved that we didn't have to drive around looking for vacancy in other hotels. When we were taken to our rooms we were surprised to find that the standard rooms were not located in the main hotel building but across the road near the car park. We weren't pleased with the arrangement at all, especially having our expensive luggage pulled across sand, gravel and grass. When we arrived to our room we found that it wasn't what we initially asked for in our bookings - a standard twin bed room for two people. The Receptionist informed us that it was again, due to fault by our travel agency and that standard rooms at Jetwing blue do not have twin beds. By then we were very irritated and annoyed by the hotel arrangements and rooms. However, the staff tried to help as much as possible by arranging another room on the same floor and giving us a reasonable rate for the two nights including breakfast. We felt much calmer and satisfied by then and headed off to relax. The rooms were quite small and so was the bathroom; however, they were very clean and modern. The facilities at the hotel were pleasant to use because they all had a view of the beach including the lobby, restaurant, pool bar and the pool itself. The hotel had a holiday ambiance to it which made you feel truly on vacation. The restaurant was quite big and had a good range of food for different taste buds and the waiters were very friendly, however, because it was open to the outdoors, animals such as cats and dogs tend to crawl their way around the dinners which could be quite uncomfortable for people that have allergies or are genuinely scared off animals. The pool and the beach was the best thing about the hotel allowing you to stroll down the beach or chill by the spacious pool. The hospitality of the staff and their genuine interest in our comfort was very touching it made me to come back to Jetwing blue whenever I'm back in Negombo. Overall, it was a pleasant 2 day stay at the hotel.

Room tip: If you want to be located in the hotel itself with a nice view then don't choose the Annex standard rooms, because they're located across the road from the hotel with no window view.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.
My team and myself were pleased to note that you were satisfied with the alternate arrangements done by our front office team, however we do apologies for the inconvenience caused with the reservation arrangements made by your travel agency.

However, we were glad to know that overall your stay with us was pleasantc and that you were able to make the most of our spectacular location. It was charming to read that you had a good experience with us and in particular that we were able to make you feel relaxed and pampered.

It would be great having you back with us for a longer time and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Jetwing Blue in Negombo Sri Lanka.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

One of the many hotels down Negombo hotel stretch. for some reason for me the hotel didn't meet the expected feeling you get from a well spent holiday. I have to mention the fact that if you are more than 5 feet tall you will have difficulties doing your business in the bathroom cos the leg space in front of the "thorn" is nowhere close being enough. and the staff for me felt like they are not treated or paid properly cos they look so depressed and sad. the hotel has got a face-lift few years back but not their employees I guess.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KasunP

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.
We felt very concerned to read about your uncomfortable experiences with us and we very much regret that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the service lapses you experienced during your stay and thank you for pointing out the bathroom condition which we will definitely look into for rectification.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Before arriving in Sri Lanka I had never heard about Jetwing hotel, but staying at two of their hotels in Sri Lanka completely changed my mind about this amazing hotel chain.

Jetwing Blue is just a perfect hotel. Overlooking the lake, with an amazing pool, great rooms that combine perfectly the traditional and new style and a very beautiful design.

Food is also perfect, breakfast buffet is one of the best I´ve ever tried, with more than 7 different curry sauces and a great selection of international dishes.

I will come back to this hotel anytime I stay around Negombo

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Cotermin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your compliments on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Blue in Negombo Sri Lanka.

We felt excited to read that you enjoyed your stay at Jetwing hotels and it gives us enormous contentment to read that we have met your expectations to your utmost satisfaction. Your kind words of praise are greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure having you as our guest.

It would be great having you back with us for a longer time to give you another memorable experience and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.