We booked the Suite in the top floor of the hotel and it was well appointed. Very large open spaces with a large lounge, outdoor seating, an outdoor jacuzzi (with a lights display), huge bathroom and a walk in closet. The room was very airy and the beach could be viewed from anywhere in the room! Anywhere! Yes, its windows here, windows there and windows everywhere! The hassle of having so many windows is closing and opening the blinds, for privacy, especially going to the loo. The bathroom also doesn't have a locking door so its free for all to come in! Saying all that, unless you have a binoculars or a high focusing camera it will be next to impossible to view from outside, in.
Loved the food here, especially the Negombo specialities like Prawns, Crabs and Lobster. Kudos to the chef, the Steak and Lobster dinner I ordered was the best eaten. Succulent lobster meat and Prime Australian beef is a killer combo. Food here has always been good and this time too it was very well. Very worth the drive from Colombo (40-50 mins via Expressway, and Colombo internal traffic in the evenings) just for the food. (For Muslims the hotel clearly states which is Halal and not).
The pool to is very good with a large space for the kids to swim to and from.
Since this beach outside the hotel is not private property it sometimes can be irritating with lots of sellers of touristy things start hassling us to buy, although we are locals.
Small nitty gritty things like the bathrooms need a color wash or some of the fittings are loose and rusting does bring down the glory of a suite stay, but overall it was a good stay and we will back definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lose yourself amidst golden beaches, azure ocean waters and fiery sunsets at Jetwing Blue, nestled along the shores of the coastal resort town of Negombo. Indulge in luxurious spa treatments, enjoy a magical wedding on the beach or spend a lazy holiday by the sea as Jetwing Blue offers it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jetwing Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Blue Hotel Negombo
- Jetwing Blue Oceanic Negombo
- Blue Oceanic
- Jetwing Blue Oceanic Hotel Negombo