“Lovely beach”
Review of Jetwing Beach

Jetwing Beach
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days over New Year. It was a lovely resort, beautiful beach and friendly staff. The pools were gorgeous which was good as the sea was too rough to swim in.

There's not much to do in Negombo so we did spend most of our time on the resort. Our only problem is that the food was first and foremost catering to westerners. The menu in the pool bar was just sandwiches and chips. You had to go to the indoor restaurant to order anything Sri Lankan but again the menu was a little limited. Surely there are light Sri Lankan dishes they could have offered. However the evening buffet was very good if you ignored the western pasta sections and focused on the Sri Lankan curries.

We also found a couple of places to eat nearby which were pretty decent.

So overall the resort was lovely, but it would be nice to see a five star resort like this promoting their own cuisine and really highlighting the delights that Sri Lanka has to offer. I can eat chips at home (although I don't generally)... Having pre paid for 5 days we were actually quite glad to be on our way as it felt a little like we could have been staying on the same resort anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room but the poolside rooms looked much nicer. More expensive though....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hum01
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor of your recent vacation at Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed the vacation at Jetwing Beach. Thank you for your compliments but as well thank you for your constructive feedback on our menu selection. Together with the Food and Beverage team we will certainly look in the choice of Sri Lankan food with the objective to indeed increase and vary our present selection.

We are always pleased to receive suggestions such as yours as they do help us in improving in our service and offering.. Your comments will be shared with the entire team, and this will certainly motivate them further in their efforts to make JetwingHotels a true hospitality experience.

Once again thank you for staying with us and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in the future.

Hyacinth Gunawardena

Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a wonderful couple of nights recently at J Beach. Every aspect was satisfactory & ideal even for families. breakfast is very nice, much choice. The view is nice, unfortunately the birds make so much noise. Would like return in near future!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eranda_11
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jetwing Beach on Trip Advisor.

We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the location, the selection of food at breakfast and the hotel in general.

Once again thank you for staying with and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future for a longer period on this occasion. To that effect, please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night at the start of our tour of Sri Lanka. It was ok. We didn't think the entrance was very welcoming, it was dark and a bit like a tradesmen's entrance. Checking in took ages but our room was nice, it should have been it was deluxe but there were broken bulbs which were not... Best things were the bar which was at the edge of the beach; very relaxing after a long flight, the pool and breakfast was good too. The thing I didn't like is that it was dark. We commented that it reminded us of school. Other than the beach bar it wasn't like a beach hotel at all.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pjh65
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were pleased to read that you had enjoyed the pool, the breakfast buffet and the relaxing atmosphere of the bar located on the beach.

Your comment with regards to the broken bulbs in your room and your arrival experience have been noted and passed on to the relevant manager to look into. Such constructive feedback are very important to us and thank you for bringing those matter to my attention.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We only stayed here for 1 (rather short) night on our way into Sri Lanka so our opinions are made up of glimpses of what the hotel can do, rather than an extended experience. However, they do say that first impressions count and on that basis I offer you ours.

Warm welcome, good, clean room with a sea view (albeit with a very odd, glass-walled bath room!!!) and a very comprehensive and good breakfast (serving both western and local food).

The area in which it finds itself (which we drove through late in the evening from the airport) is not to our taste - it seemed full of western drinking establishments within walking distance of the hotel - but some may consider that to be a plus point!

Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Mike A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor your stay at Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were pleased to learn that you had a relaxing stay with us and that you could experience some of the services we have to offer in the short time you were with us.

It was particularly pleasing to read that you found the breakfast selection to be extensive, and that you were happy with the clean rooms and the warm welcome on your arrival.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Hotel people are very friendly, that's what is starts with i think. This makes the holiday much more pleasant. The rooms look nice, clean but you can see it's old. Bulbs broken, I think in hotels like this that should not be the case.
We stayed in 3 Jewting hotels. In general I expected better food, and not so much buffet. I thinks hotels like this should offer a broader dinner menu. Although I think this Jetwing beach had the best menu. The breakfast is very nice, much choice.
The view is nice, unfortunately the birds make so much noise. The sea is nice, but wild, only nice if you like to play with the waves.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you and your family for the valuable feedback posted on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were particularly pleased to read your kind comments about our associates. It is our constant endeavor to provide authentic hospitality to all our guests and your positive comments are reflective of this commitment.

It was pleasing to read that you found the Breakfast selection to be extensive with good choices and to your liking.

We would like to sincerely apologize for overlooking to rectify some maintenance issues in your room and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Such constructive feedback does help us a lot in addressing the issues with the departments concerned.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Although I could not find a five star hotel in Negombo the Jetwing Beach exceeded my expectations. I took one of the three suites on the property so my room review reflects the suite room.
The Room: The first thing I noticed upon entering was a floor vessel with floating plumeria blossoms. What a way to set the atmosphere. Wicker furniture and a large lounge staging area were perfect. The ocean front veranda is double length with cocktail table, two chairs and day bed. Living room and bedroom provide for an open floor plan. You can opt for maximum view and light or closed off for a more private bedroom environment. Amenities include colorful light linen bathrobes, real outdoor type flip flops, hand milled soap and a house blend of lotions and shampoo’s. Bottled water is included in the rate. It is a house brand, bottled in a neat heavy glass container as part of their eco-friendly policy. By far the bathroom made the suite. It is a semi-opened ceiling courtyard. This courtyard/bathroom is the size of a normal hotel room. There are two daybeds, raised Jacuzzi tub with ocean views, and an open shower area. They provided six bath towels and 4 lounge towels a luxury I have never experienced. Lanterns and candles are present to set the mood. The crowning appointment is a large urn with a magnificent plumeria tree in bloom. The fragrance is wonderful. While this is not the most luxurious room I have ever had it is one of the most comfortable rooms I have ever visited.
Dinning and Bar Service: Excellent with a large selection and moderately priced. I befriended Anusha in the open air dining room. She is a gem on this property and made my dinning visits perfect. Seek her out and you’ll understand what I mean.
I booked a nonrefundable early bird rate (six months out) which included three meals per day. I never book non-refundable but after calculating the savings on that rate even if I missed my flight connection and lost one or two days it was still significantly less than the normal rate.
One last note the management goes out of its way to please guests. Every day at least one staff member asked me if everything was going well. Hats off to staff and management.

Room Tip: Suite 423 is quiet and the tree's are a bit lower so the ocean view is slightly better than #421...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank livesinhotels
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at Jetwing Beach Negombo in Sri Lanka.

We were thrilled to read that we could make you feel pampered which is our main objective with every guest and we truly enjoy offering our guests exceptional service and care during their stay at Jetwing Hotels. Thank you for your appreciation of the comfy rooms, the service of our dedicated associates and the management.

We have shared your compliments with Anusha and the entire team for their effort in making your holiday special, and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had an early morning arrival into Sri Lanka and having stayed on a previous occasion in Negombo, being as it is so close to the airport, we decided to stay again for two nights prior to touring the country. The Jetwing is a pleasant hotel with all the amenities you need from a hotel. A choice of two pools, and gym along with volleyball etc. The rooms were clean and spacious and the restaurant served an excellent choice for breakfast. The beach area is well attended, although you can find a little hassle from the beach vendors. The town offers a number of places to eat and there are many shops to browse. A great place to either start or finish your Sri Lanka trip.

Room Tip: Our room was above a restaurant but there was no noise and we were facing the sea but with the trees...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm recommendation on Trip Advisor of your recent visit to Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and equally happy to read that you enjoyed the room we have allocated for you, the amenities, gym, pool and the location which we are fortunate to have, minutes away from many tourists’ attractions.