“Good modern hotel”
Review of Jetwing Beach

Jetwing Beach
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We only stayed here for 1 (rather short) night on our way into Sri Lanka so our opinions are made up of glimpses of what the hotel can do, rather than an extended experience. However, they do say that first impressions count and on that basis I offer you ours.

Warm welcome, good, clean room with a sea view (albeit with a very odd, glass-walled bath room!!!) and a very comprehensive and good breakfast (serving both western and local food).

The area in which it finds itself (which we drove through late in the evening from the airport) is not to our taste - it seemed full of western drinking establishments within walking distance of the hotel - but some may consider that to be a plus point!

Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Mike A
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor your stay at Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were pleased to learn that you had a relaxing stay with us and that you could experience some of the services we have to offer in the short time you were with us.

It was particularly pleasing to read that you found the breakfast selection to be extensive, and that you were happy with the clean rooms and the warm welcome on your arrival.

Once again thank you for staying with us and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in the future.

Hyacinth Gunawardena

Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Hotel people are very friendly, that's what is starts with i think. This makes the holiday much more pleasant. The rooms look nice, clean but you can see it's old. Bulbs broken, I think in hotels like this that should not be the case.
We stayed in 3 Jewting hotels. In general I expected better food, and not so much buffet. I thinks hotels like this should offer a broader dinner menu. Although I think this Jetwing beach had the best menu. The breakfast is very nice, much choice.
The view is nice, unfortunately the birds make so much noise. The sea is nice, but wild, only nice if you like to play with the waves.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you and your family for the valuable feedback posted on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were particularly pleased to read your kind comments about our associates. It is our constant endeavor to provide authentic hospitality to all our guests and your positive comments are reflective of this commitment.

It was pleasing to read that you found the Breakfast selection to be extensive with good choices and to your liking.

We would like to sincerely apologize for overlooking to rectify some maintenance issues in your room and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Such constructive feedback does help us a lot in addressing the issues with the departments concerned.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Although I could not find a five star hotel in Negombo the Jetwing Beach exceeded my expectations. I took one of the three suites on the property so my room review reflects the suite room.
The Room: The first thing I noticed upon entering was a floor vessel with floating plumeria blossoms. What a way to set the atmosphere. Wicker furniture and a large lounge staging area were perfect. The ocean front veranda is double length with cocktail table, two chairs and day bed. Living room and bedroom provide for an open floor plan. You can opt for maximum view and light or closed off for a more private bedroom environment. Amenities include colorful light linen bathrobes, real outdoor type flip flops, hand milled soap and a house blend of lotions and shampoo’s. Bottled water is included in the rate. It is a house brand, bottled in a neat heavy glass container as part of their eco-friendly policy. By far the bathroom made the suite. It is a semi-opened ceiling courtyard. This courtyard/bathroom is the size of a normal hotel room. There are two daybeds, raised Jacuzzi tub with ocean views, and an open shower area. They provided six bath towels and 4 lounge towels a luxury I have never experienced. Lanterns and candles are present to set the mood. The crowning appointment is a large urn with a magnificent plumeria tree in bloom. The fragrance is wonderful. While this is not the most luxurious room I have ever had it is one of the most comfortable rooms I have ever visited.
Dinning and Bar Service: Excellent with a large selection and moderately priced. I befriended Anusha in the open air dining room. She is a gem on this property and made my dinning visits perfect. Seek her out and you’ll understand what I mean.
I booked a nonrefundable early bird rate (six months out) which included three meals per day. I never book non-refundable but after calculating the savings on that rate even if I missed my flight connection and lost one or two days it was still significantly less than the normal rate.
One last note the management goes out of its way to please guests. Every day at least one staff member asked me if everything was going well. Hats off to staff and management.

Room Tip: Suite 423 is quiet and the tree's are a bit lower so the ocean view is slightly better than #421...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank livesinhotels
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at Jetwing Beach Negombo in Sri Lanka.

We were thrilled to read that we could make you feel pampered which is our main objective with every guest and we truly enjoy offering our guests exceptional service and care during their stay at Jetwing Hotels. Thank you for your appreciation of the comfy rooms, the service of our dedicated associates and the management.

We have shared your compliments with Anusha and the entire team for their effort in making your holiday special, and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had an early morning arrival into Sri Lanka and having stayed on a previous occasion in Negombo, being as it is so close to the airport, we decided to stay again for two nights prior to touring the country. The Jetwing is a pleasant hotel with all the amenities you need from a hotel. A choice of two pools, and gym along with volleyball etc. The rooms were clean and spacious and the restaurant served an excellent choice for breakfast. The beach area is well attended, although you can find a little hassle from the beach vendors. The town offers a number of places to eat and there are many shops to browse. A great place to either start or finish your Sri Lanka trip.

Room Tip: Our room was above a restaurant but there was no noise and we were facing the sea but with the trees...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm recommendation on Trip Advisor of your recent visit to Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and equally happy to read that you enjoyed the room we have allocated for you, the amenities, gym, pool and the location which we are fortunate to have, minutes away from many tourists’ attractions.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Travelled with our 3 year old and 5 year old and were over all impressed. I think compared to some of the other hotels we stayed at in Sri Lanka it was over priced but you can't beat the location. The beach is beautiful and only a short walk from the lovely clean swimming pool. We used the kids club for one hour so can't give much advise but to say the girl was very hands on, lovely and the kids were happy there!,

The pool food was ok, but we went to the near by restaurant lords both nights which was fantastic.

Room Tip: There were rooms overlooking the pool, thought would be a good idea with parents who have older kids...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank happydayz

Dear Guest,

We thank you and your family for the compliments posted on Trip Advisor of your recent visit to Jetwing Beach, Negombo, Sri Lanka. We were pleased to read that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with the services, the location, pool and the child care service.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here on our last night in Sri Lanka and wished we had stayed a further night. I was a little put off by Negombo after reading many reviews, however I thought it to be a pleasant town. Agreed, it doesn't have the same charm us other beach areas. However, I would always opt to stay here on my final nights in Sri Lanka, given its close proximity to the airport and the crazy flight times! I would also, definitely opt to stay at Jetwing Beach again.
It was a beautiful hotel, from the grand check in, beautiful pools, great big rooms, beautiful bed in which we had the best nights sleep!, exceptional service, great sunlounger area (the beach in Negombo is fine!! not at all as dirty as some reviewers state on TA, we still swam) expansive and wide beach area exclusive to hotel and one of the best spas we visited on our entire trip.

The whole experience was excellent, down to the lovely packed breakfast they provided us for our very early morning flight. It was delicious and very generous!
We went for dinner next door at Jetwing Blue as my boyfriend wanted a buffet feast for his last night and that was a delicious dinner. The Jetwing chain of hotels know how to get it right!

I find it difficult to read other reports about wildlife intrusions, mosquitoes, dampness/humidity, beach sellers...it's all part of visiting Sri Lanka, which makes the experience unique. The dampness/humidity is in every part of Sri Lanka, roll with it!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a second level floor room with a balcony, as from the pool and ground areas, we coul...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to know that you had enjoyed your first time in Sri Lanka and were pleased with your choice to stay with us at Jetwing Beach Negombo, Sri Lanka.

We were so delighted to learn that all your expectations were met during your holiday with us, we put lots of effort to train our associates to deliver the best quality service to our precious guests, your mention of the exceptional service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. Our vision is to create the best environment where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences.

I have shared you compliments with the entire team and they are equally happy to know that you had an amazing holiday with us and also the delicious dinner at our sister hotel Jetwing Blue.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a must stay if you avoid Colombo! What a lovely piece of art, building! Mix of oriental influences and not overdone. Beautiful! The buffet is a thing we remember (2010) , sooo good....sitting at the sea, and all those exquisite small foods....mmmmm
We travel with a wheelchair and the hotel is not accessibel (they do not claim it) Room has 5 steps to go down, and also a big stair to enter the hotel. The resaurant-pool is ok. Still a very nice place! Glad we were there (for 1 night!)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ily-wheelie

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay in February 2012 at Jetwing Beach Negombo Sri Lanka.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us, we were delighted to know that you had enjoyed your second visit with us and were extremely pleased with the service and facilities available at the hotel.

Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we have shared your comments with the entire team.