“Excellent Hotel - the best in Sri Lanka”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jetwing Beach

Jetwing Beach
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Negombo
“Excellent Hotel - the best in Sri Lanka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 times in your great hotel and I must say that our family consider this hotel as No. 1 in Srilanka. Great hotel, very good food and great location and best service.
They upgraded us to a suit and another room. Great atmosphere, nice pool and beach. From the moment of check in until the second we left they treat us like very important guests. The children enjoy the night animal set that they arrange us from simple towels and flowers.
Eyal Shamir

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka and for taking the time to describe your experiences on Trip Advisor.

We were truly delighted to read that you and your family had once again enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities available at the hotel.

Our constant effort at Jetwing hotels is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly service to our guests and your comments are pleasantly confirming we are working in the correct direction.

Your compliment on our associates are highly appreciated and rest assured that we have shared them with the team.

Hyacinth Gunawardena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Colombo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a one day family outing through Jetwing Hotels head office in Colombo. As per Ms TANURI SENANAYAKE Marketing Communications Executive-Jetwing Club at head office, this booking was made on the basis of Jetwing Club Gold Membership. Ms Tanuri specifically instructed that the gold card is physically not issued and is not a requirement to avail the benefits at the hotel. About 10 emails were exchanged regarding the booking prior to my arrival to the hotel and 50% advance payment was also made by me , taking trouble to visit Jetwing Hotels head office- just to facilitate a smooth trouble free holiday. I invited few of my good friends also to join with me for lunch on that day.

Check In

The officer on duty at the reception requested my national ID card and it was given to him. Thereafter , he insisted on the Jetwing Club Card which was not physically issued to me by Jetwing Head office. Since the conversation was dragging a bit I told him that I would like to go to the restaurant. My invitees also joind me and while we were having a chat, the front office duty officer again came to us and told me that the Jetwing Club privileges cannot be granted since I am on probationary membership. All of my friends looked at each other and insisted not to avail any discounts and they insisted and paid for their meals. Furthermore, the officer informed that the discounts are given only for the payments done through few credit cards.

The embarrament in front of my friends made me to re consider leaving the hotel premises at that point but my two children didn't want to go back and finally I made a decision to stay back in the hotel.

Lunch

We were booked on FB basis but surprisingly it was not a buffet lunch. The head office staff or the hotel staff did not inform about non availability of a lunch buffet on Saturday. However, we managed to order some food.

The Room

The room was spacious. However, I have made following observations.

Bed side locker plug base cover loosely fitted and cover came out.
Room service phone and the reception phone was not answered promptly.
Didn't have enough towels required for a triple room.
The toiletries such as shower gel, moisturizer were kept on permanent type containers. This was refilled when empty which in not a good hygienic practice. Individuals fingers, water and germs could be leaked out when using those. One container was smelling and I didn't want to use any. The best way to keep those is in a disposable one time use container where it will not be used by an another person.

Dinner Buffet

Whole dinner buffet was manned by 4 action stations. I could hardly see prepared food items. The taste was not so great and it was just a do. I saw some insects inside a pudding which was kept at the dessert corner. Took a video and some pictures of it which will be sent to YouTube for the benefit of the Tavel community.

Overall experience was extremely bad and I noticed the staff is more helpful for the people with white skin and neglect the others.

After breakfast , the General Manager was kind enough to discuss my experience during the short stay but at that point my holiday was gone already.

Advice for all- be specific when you book this hotel and you need to discuss each and every aspect with the hotel staff. If not they will take you on a ride. This is not value for money. You have so many options in Negombo for less price with better customer service and standards, friendly staff. Food is not so great. Book on BB basis might be a good option. Be careful about insects inside food at the resturant.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bell412slaf
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Mr. Wijeratne,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Beach .

Before anything else, it was sincerely a pleasure talking to you over the phone and I appreciate you took the time to explain to me in detail the issues you encountered during your stay with us.

I have noted with concern what went wrong upon your arrival at the hotel as well the way the issue related to your Jetwing Club membership was handled. As mentioned to you over the phone, I will personally be following up both matters with the associate concerned. Let me take this opportunity to state that we sincerely regret the inconvenience and embarrassment it caused you in front of your guests.

I have as well noted some of the constructive feedback you have made in relation to the room and the Food and Beverage department of the hotel and together with the General Manager of Jetwing Beach, whom you met, we will be following it up.

During the course of the investigation we carried out to better understand where we went wrong, I was pleased to learn that our associates took the initiative to waved off your lunch charges as token of apology.

As far as the insect you noticed on the mirror platter where the desert was placed, while we do keep very high standard of hygiene in all our hotels, it is always a challenge as soon as food is laid out in the open air. You might be pleased to learn that Jetwing Beach is audited every year for HACCP certification, which is certainly the highest certification that anyone in the hospitality industry can receive in term of food hygiene. Jetwing Beach, since being audited, has received on every occasion the certification in question.

One point I wish to clarify is that in absolutely no way do we make any difference between our guests based on any nationalities and origin. This is actually something we do take very seriously and do bring up regularly to the attention of our associates.

I am pleased that we have been able to communicate over the phone and as agreed I look forward to seeing you personally upon your return from your travel. Until then, should you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jerome Auvity
Director Operations
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Jetwing Beach Hotel was our first port of call for our honeymoon in September and we were instantly welcomed by the staff and made to feel like King and Queen! The hotel room was very big and absolute quality. A fantastic shower and bathroom, a very comfy huge bed and air con was perfect.

The Black Coral restaurant is fine dining at its best, but even the main restaurant served superb food. The buffet dinners and massive breakfast choices were simply brilliant.

This hotel is awesome and if you are staying in Negombo, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you took the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

Were glad to read that our professional and dedicated associates made sure you both had an enjoyable stay from the moment you arrived at the hotel and that you were pleased with the room we had allocated for you on the occasion of your no honeymoon trip to Sri Lanka.
It was also a pleasure to learn that Jetwing Beach in Negombo has become one of your favorite hotels and that you were pleased with the standard of food quality in the Black Coral and in our main restaurant. Customer care is one of our highest priorities in Jetwing hotels and it is always gratifying to receive such praise from our guests.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the entire team of the hotel. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Jetwing Beach in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in Jet wing beach!

We started our journey in Palagama, then went to Kandy, Sigiriya and ended it with a treat at one of the suites at the Beach hotel.

Perfect end to our journey. Rooms were super and comfortable and I would come back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor

We were delighted to read that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us at Jetwing Beach and it was also nice to note that you were pleased with the suite allocated for you.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared amongst the entire team of the hotel.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

On arriving on a Saturday I was happy to find out that on Saturdays the hotel has a dinner Barbeque buffet which was wonderful but it made the al-cart menu the next day seem a little ordinary. In retrospect it may have been better not to get half board unless staying on a Saturday night. Great location right on the beach. Only problem was the noise from being on the ground floor near reception. Which means you are subjected to the noise of suitcases being rolled pass your door all hours of the day and night.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor near reception. Far too much noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pookie2199
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following you recent stay at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were truly delighted to read that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the delicious food specially the Saturday night bareque buffet. Please be assured that your compliments will be shared with the Executive Chef and his brigade.

Vale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

After the disaster that was the Tangalla Bay Hotel, it was a relief to get to the Jetwing Beach Hotel in Negombo to chill out for 6 days. It's a beautiful hotel with excellent facilities.

The restaurant was fantastic, with a good set menu, which they alternate with buffet nights, the food was always very good no matter what the format. There's also a fine-dining restaurant, but we didn't see the point in paying extra when the main restaurant was so good. They have a lovely little bar area which does daily cocktail specials which were really good.

The room was lovely with a fabulous balcony overlooking the pool, palms and beach. The bed was very comfortable, the air con worked well and the bathroom was great - excellent shower and a massive bath!

The spa was brilliant too - I had an amazing massage one rainy afternoon.

The outdoor area had 2 pools - 1 shallow and surrounded by sun-loungers dotted around under the shade of the palms delineating the hotel grounds from the beach. The 2nd pool is adjacent to the 1st and set behind the beach bar. This tended to be quieter and was a very relaxing spot to sunbathe.

The beach bar did a nice range of light meals and kept us topped up with Elephant Ginger Beer while we sunbathed.

Unfortunately the sea is far too rough to swim in and as soon as you set foot on the beach you're besieged by people selling anything from sarongs to shells. If you brave it early in the morning it's possible to walk along the beach without getting hassled, but once you're passed the perimeter of the hotel you notice all the litter and detritus washed up or dropped on the sand - it spoils what could be a beautiful area. There are also lots of stray dogs hanging around in packs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caryn B
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we were delighted to find out that you both have enjoyed your vacation at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

Nothing is more pleasing than hearing such compliments from our guests. With the best beach location and our beautiful pools, our hotel is indeed a perfect place to those who want to stay within a relaxing and peaceful environment.

We have shared your compliments with our entire team and this will keep them motivated to deliver quality service for our valued guests.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is Beautiful & modern, with superb luxury facilities & a perfect setting on a golden beach, I can only describe this hotel as paradise. The staff are one of the best things about this hotel,from the moment we arrived they treated myself & my daughter like Royalty always making sure we were happy & always asking if they could do anything else to make us happier. the chefs are magnificent & the food fantastic, they even gave my daughter a tour round the the kitchens & explained how they make everything themselves nothing is brought in. One lovely lady receptionst in particular called Menuka ( I hope ive spelt her name right ) is a wonderfull caring,kind, genuine, happy lady who I will miss, hope she is there on my next visit.
Thanks to all the staff we will be back again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us through Trip Advisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and you enjoyed the facilities, products and services. It is also a great honor for us to know that we had made one of the most memorable holidays for you in Sri Lanka.

At Jetwing Hotels, we have always been committed to continuously give our guest a memorable experience with indigenous hospitality.

We have shared your compliments with Menuka and the entire team and they are greatly appreciated. Once again thank you for staying with us and for your valuable comments.